It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Union-Bashing Right-Wing Media Stars are AFL-CIO Union-Affiliated Members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
alternet.org

In spite of their criticism of unions in Wisconsin, AlterNet has confirmed that leading right-wing pundits are American Federation Television and Radio Artists union members.
February 26, 2011

When it comes to the Wisconsin union fights, right-wing pundits Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh have a couple of things in common. For starters, have all voiced their opposition to the plight of public employee unions in the state.

On Feb. 18, Limbaugh said on his radio program, "We are either on the side of the Wisconsin protesters or we are on the side of our country." Hannity has featured several guests critical of the union and its supporters, including Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, on his Fox News television and radio shows.

On the Feb. 18 edition of "The O'Reilly Factor," O'Reilly stated, "Governments can't afford to operate" because of "union wages and benefits." But it turns out that opposing workers' rights isn't the only thing these blowhards have in common.

As it turns out, all three of them belong to the American Federation Television and Radio Artists union (AFTRA), which is the AFL-CIO affiliate for television and broadcast workers.

This is true. All major actors in film, television, or stage are members of either SAG (Screen Actors Guild), AFTRA or AEA (Actors Equity Association) and many belong to all three. These unions set minimum salary requirements for all their members as well as benefits and working conditions. Don't you think the stars at Fox News should quit their unions and put their money where their mouths are?

Do you think O'Reilly, Hannity or Limbaugh would work for below union minimum wages in order to "help" their poor, starving networks to continue to rake in the cash? What if Fox News told them it couldn't afford to pay its talent so much money anymore? Would they make the same sacrifices they are demanding that police, firefighters, teachers and other middle class workers make?

In your dreams.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Sestias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The major difference I see is, those you named are not paid with taxpayer money. Also, regardless of their union affiliations, do you think they would have a job if their ratings tanked?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Well, if those 3 idiots are against Unions then i guess i am pro Union all the way!
Well, i was before i read bout those 3 spuds.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They should all be punted from their union.
So should their health care benefits, hours-of-work, vacation and sick time, be removed.

Why, Rush was probably offered the old "we'll send you to rehab" instead of punting his ass, when they found all those zillions of prescription meds at his place. Who does he have to thank for that?

Have another pill, boys.
At least a drop in ratings for all of them is the most funnest way to watch.
Has-beens, all of them. Its a tough go!

top topics

join