It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Job - The Financial Crisis Documentary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Just ran across this and wanted to share, I am going to watch it here in a little bit and will return for commenting.
A candid look into the inside workings and decision making that led to the bubble and it's bursting. Also why has no one gone to jail?!?!
Links to full movie:
www.vidxden.com...
i-watchmovies.net...

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Is there a more reputable link for this movie?
Both of the sites you have are of questionable... character.
And SONY pictures made a conspiracy flick?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You can rent it at netflix here:www.netflix.com...

But I have been watching(not downloading) movies on vidxden and megavideo for years, although megavideo only allows 52 minutes per 2 hours of viewing without membership.

Stagevu is another great site for WATCHING movies, I don't know about downloading though cuz I don't do that.
stagevu.com...

Peace,
spec

ETA: Yea Sony huh? Guess conspiracy stuff get's to be valuable as it enters the mainstream.
edit on 27-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
WOW!!! This was a serious and detailed doc, perhaps the best I've ever seen. It cuts right thru any political left/right paradigms and goes right to greed and de-regulations, that came from both sides at different times.
It laid out a good historical analysis too, showing how we(they) got ourselves into this mess.
Thumbs waaaay up on this one! The only thing is, it doesn't really leave us with a feeling of resolve and prevention, in fact it makes me think it will happen again, because the system is set up to take advantage of, and accountability gets diluted into corporatism.
I still can't believe no one has gone to jail over this crap!

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I haven't watched this yet, but I will soon.

Without knowing what it contains, if it does not lay the blame for our financial disaster squarely at the feet of the US Government, then it is a bunch of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

if it does not lay the blame for our financial disaster squarely at the feet of the US Government, then it is a bunch of propaganda.

Oh it does do that buddy, which only infuriates me more regarding our ever tarnishing reputation in the world!

Yes, our people did try and involve other nations, but even the IMF called this out as BS, and to me that speaks volumes.

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
thanks for the video link

I will watch it tomorrow when i have some time. Looks interesting

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

How on earth can you say that ? Seriously ?

Are you saying its the governments fault that all these gigantic banks and hedge funds gambled and lost trillions of dollars ?

Are you saying it is the governments fault because they let it happen ? Are you saying its the governments fault for bailing them out ?

When the government regulates society you scream about freedoms and constitutional rights.
When the government does not regulate them you scream lack of oversight. Which one is it ?

If you are blaming the government for bailing them out, trying to fix their mess, then the problem is not the governments fault - it is the private sector fault that we have the problem - you can not blame the problem on government when it was not them that caused it.

On the whole - a purely political response from you with no bearing in fact or rational thinking.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

I hear what you are saying, and yes menemth1 certainly pulls no punches against the gubberment. And you are correct about the bankers responsibility, but the govmnt IS in bed with them. People get put in specific govmnt positions to to relax regulations and for lobbying sake. Watch the doc and you will see. I am just glad the issues transcends left/right paradigms and comes down to sheer greed! Most of these bubble crisis DID start here, and some gov WAS involved, Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Obama Check it....

Peace,
spec
edit on 1-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I hear what you are saying, and yes menemth1 certainly pulls no punches against the gubberment. And you are correct about the bankers responsibility, but the govmnt IS in bed with them. People get put in specific govmnt positions to to relax regulations and for lobbying sake. Watch the doc and you will see. I am just glad the issues transcends left/right paradigms and comes down to sheer greed! Most of these bubble crisis DID start here, and some gov WAS involved, Bush, Clinton, Reagan and Obama Check it....

Peace,
spec

Did the government offer financial incentives to the private sector to lobby them ? NO !

the PRIVATE SECTOR lobbied individual senators and representatives, offered them bribes and incentives to do the bidding of the private sector. Then the private sector co-opted these elected officials, and finally hired them after their public service was over to further subvert and manipulate future politicians and government representatives.

The government did not do the bribing, manipulation, blackmail and obfuscation - the private sector did this to the GOVERNMENT.

In order to correct it the government does not have to be constrained, punished and addressed - the private sector does - as that is where the problem lies.

It is not the government which has the problem - this is a simplistic, dumbed down vision which plays directly into the hands of anti-government corporates who want to destroy government and allow completely unfettered corporate control of society - is a straw man.

The truth is government is not broken - corrupt senators are broken, corrupt representatives, corrupt private corporations and a corrupt legal system - most importantly an apathetic society which has been profoundly mislead.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

For me, this is no way an "either or" situation, granted the private sector is, imo more responsible, but when you mention crooked senators and other officials, in my mind they do represent the govmnt, at least partially.
No, I am not one who believes the bulk of the problem is our govmnt, but compliant? Hell yea!
We would like to think they operate separately, but when money and power is involved, the 2 share the same bed of corruption and greed. Please watch the doc, it really get's into specifics.

The government did not do the bribing, manipulation, blackmail and obfuscation - the private sector did this to the GOVERNMENT.

Other than the blackmailing, it takes 2 to tango in this mess, and when Pauilson was picked by Bush, well this is what I'm talking about, and every administration picks these people from the private sector. Same with Bernanke, conflicts of interest.
As much as I would like to think the gov and Wall Street are separate, I can't help but feel that they work together to obtain mutually beneficial results, and their actions are bad enough to taint most of the waters of govmnt, imo.

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This documentary could change the world, if the people Stand Up.

No reptilians, no cults or blood drinkers, no space aliens.... Just reality, and it sucks; Now What?

Shall we all just sit numb and continue on our day to day malarkey?

Who knows, but judging by the information in this documentary, we don't have much time.

All I know is this is the most damning information made public, it isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a conspiracy fact.

Now what?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Now what?

How about some legal prosecution to start with?!
Thanks for your comment and I fully agree,EVERYONE should see this doc!!!!

spec

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Watched the doc several months ago. Have also read everything there is to read on it - which is significantly more than this documentary offers. Have a degree in economics and a masters in political theory and masters in international relations - know what I'm talking about.

If an animal has a disease or otherwise dies it does not mean that there is a problem with evolution and life - it simply means that in this particular instance things broke down. If someone has a speech impediment, or someone swears at you - it does not mean communications are broken and corrupt and must be rebuilt and established - again it simply means that there was a problem with their motor functions or social integration.

The point to understand is a subtle yet incredible powerful one - the government is an abstract concept - it is neither good, nor bad, nor broken - is is something which can merely be used for whatever purposes we desire - like speaking or breathing. Speaking is not broken, it is merely used poorly, similarly with breathing.

The blame which is being directed at government is a systematic and planned form of propaganda designed to get people to become anti-government. Which is just ridiculous. Government can be used to make things right - just as it can be used to make things wrong. It is not government which is bad - it is the people who are using it and abusing it. Senators and Reps are not government - they are a small transient subsection of an abstract concept. They are not the government itself.

For example - if a person suffocates and murders someone we do not immediately turn around and say that life itself is to blame - we blame the murderer. If someone gets a question wrong on quiz who we do not blame the power of speech or communication - we blame the person for not being smart enough.

The fact that people are blaming government, is as I have said, merely a repetition of the propaganda meme being pushed by corporates in order to get people to turn away from government and embrace corporate rule. Its that simple.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Okay, I appreciate your perspective, but I still think a "representative" is, well representative of their office or body. I see what you are saying about gov being more of a vehicle though, and I certainly agree with the anti-gov momentum and the harm that may come from that. I too have disagreed with menemth1's adamant anti-gov stance, and I don't want to be considered anti-gov, I just want justice and truth. Personally, as mentioned, I think the corporations are more responsible, but they can't get everything they need without people in certain positions in gov.

The fact that people are blaming government, is as I have said, merely a repetition of the propaganda meme being pushed by corporates in order to get people to turn away from government and embrace corporate rule. Its that simple.

Agreed, and at the same time, I cannot excuse the gov, or some representatives, part in this whole thing. So I am just reiterating my opinion that both are accountable, one more than the other yes, but still, I can't take your premise and say no, the gov had nothing to do with this. We can agree to disagree about the overall gov not being represented by a few individuals within, but that doesn't mean I am anti-gov, hell I think the gov is our last salvation, as long as some altruism remains part of the foundation.

Thanks for your comments too

spec
EAT: So do you think this doc was created in an anti-gov spirit? Just curious....

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I really look forward to watching this doc later but mostly I really hope to learn something. I have a feeling a lot of this is going to be over my head so hopefully this thread will make a nice supplement for people like me. Thanks for posting this!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

I have not watched it yet but you seem to have some very strong opinions about it. I am curious if you truly feel it really is blaming "government" as an idea or specifically "our government" which is kind of a different animal.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
See I could agree with you on the whole, "Blaming the government" thing if it weren't for the fact that O'Bush'ama put most if not all of the culprits into Government positions, so it's only natural for people to blame the government.

It has a backward feeling to it, like hiring really good hackers to protect yourself from further hacks/hackers but instead hiring really bad and corrupt bankers who literally just stole trillions of dollars to head the United States financial sectors, the federal reserve, the treasury... etc...

It doesn't take a fully certified, credentialed or "degree'd" student, graduate or teacher to understand what happened, although we'd like to believe we need someone educated to tell us how badly we just got screwed.

Nevermind any other documentary or conspiracy theory to rally behind and to finally take a stand for, there isn't any that has the same impact on as many people, this grand theft pretty much affects the entire world.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Again - its very subtle but important to understand that when you use the word "government" as wholly responsible for everything you are perpetuating a propaganda memme which is being circulated by the likes of the Koche brothers - and more generally pro-corporate fascists. (Which is what rule by corporations is - fascism).

What you should be saying instead is that you are against government corruption, government nepotism, corporate lobbying, or the revolving door of the military / corporate industrial complex. But simply saying you are against the government makes no sense at all.

One can be against legislative influence by corporate contributions, or corruption in the senate, or K-Street Gang, or Wall Street influence, or lack of legislative enforcement, lack of regulation etc, etc but none of these are government - they are particular failures, criminal acts or social and moral decay - not the government.

So when you are saying you are against government you mean one of the above things - but you are actually saying I want to remove self governance by the people through a democratic process - and replace it with corporate fascism.

Think about it - its subtle, powerful and has been going on for almost two hundred years - it is the basis of most modern philosophy - right back to Kant, Rousseau and Hobbes. It is the very foundation of the concept of the Leviathan.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Truly it's the same mentality we use to segregate and hate groups of people based on a generally accepted label like democrats or republicans, or blacks and whites and people forget that these are categories/labels we've created, democrats aren't alive no more than republicans are because they are words we use to describe individuals who have similar ideas.

In the same way it's erroneous to say that you hate government or that government is to blame because this is a scapegoat when there are actual individuals who are to blame and should be held accountable, whereas "Government" is a word and cannot be held accountable for anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join