It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread for items/products to utilise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thought i'd start a thread for products or items that you see on the net that may become beneficial for people in the SHTF scenario.

I came across this little beauty of a watering can that transforms your urine into fertiliser for your plants. Green and reusable - what more do you want ..
Towa Watering can

or solar powered emergency radio from Eton
The raptor Emergency radio
edit on 27-2-2011 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
steriPEN water purifier
here is a link for the steriPEN if you dont have one than it is a great water purifyer just press a button, stick it in your dirty water and in seconds the uv light zaps all bacteria, and everything leaving you with clean healthy water. the protective case doubles as a solar pannel to regharge the rechargable batteries, neat lil thing..
www.steripen.com...

auto jiggler car lock pick set
i ordered these not knowing if they wood work, but let me tell ya.. they are friggin awsome!!!! auto jigglers can be slid in a cars key hole like a key and jiggled arround till it unlocks the door(10secs to 5mins). my friend didnt think they worked so the other day at safeway i walked up to a random car in the parking lot, i got lucky and the first juggler i used was a perfect match and the car dor instantly opened
hahaha. will work great for scavenging supplies, getin a place to sleep at night when you are on the move and energy for devices that run of car batteries
budk.com...

50lumen dorcy rechargible flash light (built in car charger)
one of my favorite flashlights is one i got at outdoor world for 39.99 its a dorcy rechargable flashlight and it has a built in car charger, just unscrew the bottom cap and stick it in the charger if you are on the go and come apon a car, just use the auto jiggler to open the door and pop that bad boy in to the carger for an hour or so and its charged.. once shtf and people run out of gas, they will just leavetheir cars sittin there waiting for you to take the energy frm the battery

www.dorcy.com...

what do you think? all criticism will be apreciated

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindfreak21
steriPEN water purifier
here is a link for the steriPEN if you dont have one than it is a great water purifyer just press a button, stick it in your dirty water and in seconds the uv light zaps all bacteria, and everything leaving you with clean healthy water. the protective case doubles as a solar pannel to regharge the rechargable batteries, neat lil thing..
www.steripen.com...

don't forget it wont filter out inorganic compounds / heavy metals / chemicals i know i wouldnt trust that alone in the hills in the UK its waaaaaaaaay to tiny to be free from pollutants

surviva pure I've got the inline filter and the water bottle on the way!

inline is good with my camel back, if not a pain to get water out of whilst tabbing! - oh and don't forget to wash the filter through a few times! but i trust its activated carbon filter to rid of pretty much anything nasty including lead / other heavy metals and fertilizers etc

IPK - what can I say?! IRR, compact and strong!

edit on 28-2-2011 by MarkThorson because: contributing links

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yea i guess thats ture,, i mite as well just boil the water.lol anyone else have a good light, small, hand pump, water filter?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
For water, I have the Lifesaver Bottle 4000 for starters.

www.amazon.com...

For a radio, I would prefer a small hand-crank over solar powered. I got this one.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mindfreak21
yea i guess thats ture,, i mite as well just boil the water.lol anyone else have a good light, small, hand pump, water filter?

Heres some maybe for you - a little costly i'd expect but a lamp that only needs water !!!??!?!?
www.manon-leblanc.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
thats shure is interesting, but but im stickin with a flashlight 'cuz it doesnt put out much light, now i gunna try and make one.lol.

new topics

top topics

join