It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5.00 Gasoline... Here we go again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
As for people who have no sympathy for the US because your gas prices are higher, we are not asking for your sympathy. We know we are part of the problem. But as others have stated, your future depends on us. If we fall, you guys won't be too far behind.

I think this is false. Your talking about independent countries, some of which have existed before the US began writing its declaration of independence. I mean even Cuba with the embargo placed on it by the US is still moving along.
edit on 27-2-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
It sounds more like your problem (and youve outlined some of that) is predominantly a domestic problem, hence it requires a US solution of and by its people ?

Exactly. That was the basis of this thread, if you'd care to go back and reread the OP. But, since it doesn't seem to concern you, better to just ignore it and be on your way.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
jeesh is this jump from speculation again? what a joke...
and at the end of the day, why we're not more savvy in solar, battery and alternative fuels is lobbyists...
pathetic.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by brill
It sounds more like your problem (and youve outlined some of that) is predominantly a domestic problem, hence it requires a US solution of and by its people ?

Exactly. That was the basis of this thread, if you'd care to go back and reread the OP. But, since it doesn't seem to concern you, better to just ignore it and be on your way.

I'm curious. Are you prepared to take serious actions against your government or oil companies then ? I fully read and understood the OP but I don't see much in the way of it being enough of a problem that people will take action.

brill

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

You're probably right that most will only complain. Unfortunately, that will be to the detriment of all.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Do other countries make efforts to ensure that your people have cheap gas to put in their cars?

Not asking for that. We each have our problems but in some ways we are being bitten by the same animal.

Look at what helped exxon make a profit.

The results were driven by better-than-expected earnings in its international exploration-and-production segment. A cold European winter has increased demand for natural gas, boosting prices outside the U.S., according to investment bank Credit Suisse.

online.wsj.com...

Yes, it is a US problem . We are the ones who got accustomed to living high on the hog with multiple vehicles and cheap gas. we are the ones who chose to turn down reliable public transportation systems. In my town, they have some buses but it takes forever to get where you need to go. As for walking, everything is spread out. Riding a bicycle is just about impossible without nearly getting hit at every corner.

I deny nothing, we are to blame. But I don't think the OP is asking for sympathy. Just trying to find a solution.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Yes, it is a US problem . We are the ones who got accustomed to living high on the hog with multiple vehicles and cheap gas. we are the ones who chose to turn down reliable public transportation systems. In my town, they have some buses but it takes forever to get where you need to go. As for walking, everything is spread out. Riding a bicycle is just about impossible without nearly getting hit at every corner.

I deny nothing, we are to blame. But I don't think the OP is asking for sympathy. Just trying to find a solution.

I can appreciate that, its a bitchslap for all of us in the end. I completely agree with the other points too. Public transit, for the reasons you have stated, are equally met with disgust here as well. Totally inefficient on so many levels. Hell Id walk or bike if the option were viable but not gonna happen.

The US is not solely to blame, that wasn't my intent and a solution is a mirage to most, agreed. I just wonder at what point does the US taxpayer say enough and stand for change. Do you think $10/gallon will do it ?

thanks for your comments.

brill

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Do you think $10/gallon will do it ?

I would say yes but I would only be lying to myself. IMO, we are too dependent on government and most Americans are ok with that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The problem with high gas prices in places like Southern California, is that there isn't a good public transportation system. The city I live in doesn't have anything except 2 buses that only go 4x a day on 1 main road. We need to address this problem in the U.S. California especially. We need a subway/train system here. The only improvements we see around here are freeway expansion. I drive an hour and a half to get to work. There is no other way to get there -except by driving.

European countries seem to have a MUCH better transportation system.
edit on 27-2-2011 by be4peace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Why can't they make a cheap electrical car? THey have the technology to build electric cars. They sell them at $30k + but what good does it do everyone if only the rich can afford them?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Because the things mentioned in the OP were accurately forecast..the concept of this situation as purposefull and not an accident becomes evident.

that is scary.

on the other hand I make money from those predictions.
because this is purposefull

PS the why?
I was working for some very wealthy Americans...the elite.
They have a club basball game every sunday
Senior members against their kids and staff ( mostly their kids)...
Losing team clears the tables in the dining hall at supper...
The senior (corporate) members only end the game when they are winning and so in 189 years they have never lost a game..
GET IT?

edit on 27-2-2011 by Danbones because: PS for your understanding

edit on 27-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I said I would not pay more than $3 per gallon but what can I do really? I put in $10 in my tank from time to time but I don't use my car as much anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My humble contribution to the thread

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Sell your car and get a horse if you dont want to pay high gas prices

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Exprect to pay way beyond $8.00 a gallon at the pumps.

Why don't they pump out electrical or other alternative cars? Because the whole idea is to send you broke and poor so they can instil their one world corporation where you become their slave. HELLO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join