It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi dismisses sanctions, says rebels will be defeated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Gaddafi dismisses sanctions, says rebels will be defeated

www.jpost.com

Libyan leader claims UN Security Council sanctions against him are "null and void"; "The people of Libya support me, small groups of rebels are surrounded and will be dealt with," he states in telephone interview.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is exactly what happened during the coup attempt of Hugo Chavez (2002 venezuelan coup). International media was reporting fixed news coverage to inspire a uprising. I remember one of the clips showed 'protesters' crowded on a bridge, and the news caption read "Pro-Chavez rebels shooting indiscriminately at civilians". The camera panned the entire time on the protesters and was soon cut off, but no one ever seen the extended version of that video. No one seen the 'opposition rebels' & soldiers below the bridge shooting at the protesters while the protesters were only trying to disperse and defend themselves with small arms fire.

Earlier on Sunday, Gaddafi's son denied in a US television interview that turmoil was sweeping the country and said the military did not use force against the people, despite reports to the contrary.

I keep saying, watch what's happening in Libya carefully. Things may not be as they say in the news. British SAS arrived in East Libya to evacuate British workers from Libyan oil fields (Link), and prior to that, there was already a team of special forces in east Libya during the protests who were allegedly rounding up the workers to evacuate them. And according to Gaddafi's speech, the uprising was a result of Osama Bin Laden & Al Qaeda meddling in eastern Libya. So I call into question the credibility of whether or not Osama really is the man who we believe him to be or if he's a CIA-made disguise, and who is responsible for the uprisings in Libya.

If you're interested in learning about the facts behind the 2002 Venezuelan coup attempt, and how the similarities between that and Libya are strikingly coincidental, check out this documentary:

www.youtube.com...
"The Revolution Will Not Be Televised - Chavez: Inside the Coup"

www.jpost.com
www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-2-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If i were him, i would have said the same thing. What would sanctions mean to me?

I have no government, i am the only leadership, i have no council to tell me what exactly sanctions mean, and what they would attempt to do to me...

I love how logic and reasoning are the only tools available...

If you sat down face to face with this guy you would know after 5 minutes that Sanctions actually ARE null and void to this guy.

I can imagine this guy peering out of a window of his mansion with binocluars and a phone in his hand saying,

Sanction vhat Sanction?! Vhat is this you talk of Sanction?! ABULCALEKA HSEEMM GAANNEFF! Get back on ROOF MACHINE GUN MORE COME!!!

HELLO HELLO AMERICA? I MUST GO NOW.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I agree, sanctions are useless here. The best thing for the US to do is stay out of it. It is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Let's keep that in mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

lol I was picturing Gaddafi in all white with sunglasses on, standing on what looks to be a greek-style house (those white colorful houses). "Vhat sanctions!?"

I agree with you guys, Libya has survived through sanctions before, they can manage this time too.

Libya has the ability to be self-sufficient. They have the 7th largest proven oil reserve, including gas reserves and a metal/steel industry.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I agree, sanctions are useless here. The best thing for the US to do is stay out of it. It is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. Let's keep that in mind.

People say this and then when you actually do that things like World War II happen. Millions and millions and millions of people butchered as if they were nothing and the most horrible things you cant imagine were done in abundance in all corners of the world. # escalates into full blown catastrophic proportions and its because of people like you that things like that happen.

People need to abide by the law. We may not all agree on laws but their are recognized universal laws that all human beings on this planet are entitled to because of the United Nations. You do not use a military with hostility or you will be severely gang raped by NATO.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

"Perhaps they want to occupy Libya."

Gadhafi called U.S. President Barack Obama a "good man" but said he appeared to be misinformed about the situation in Libya, ABC News reported on its website.

www.haaretz.com...

Keep warning you folks, watch this with extreme vigilance.

And I don't know how many of you noticed, but the flag the opposition is flying is the old Libyan flag of the Kingdom of Libya. The king of Libya at that time was Idris, a pro-western leader. Ever since Gaddafi's coup in '69, Libya's relationship with the west has been spiraling downhill.

Why would the people fly a flag that represents an era of monarchy anyway? Don't the Libyan people want a government run by 'the people'? Or is this just a protest to install another pro-western king by western powers...?
edit on 28-2-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

"We must be prudent. We know what our political line is: We don't support invasions, or massacres, or anything like that no matter who does it. A campaign of lies is being spun together regarding Libya," said Chavez, in a televised speech to a crowd of graduates who had just received diplomas from state universities.

news.yahoo.com...

Well apparently Hugo Chavez agrees with me.

Thanks Hugo!

edit on 1-3-2011 by BiGGz because: link

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...=66
www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to Russian intelligence, there has been no signs of Gaddafi using airstrikes against his people.

Just goes to show how BBC and Al Jazeera manipulated the international community into thinking Libya was bombing their own citizens.

This entire 'crisis' started when word got out that Gaddafi was using his airforces against his people. Once word of that got out, the s**t really hit the fan.

join