It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptilian Pilot!? Nictitating Eyelids or Contacts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

Artifact and compression are quite the norm on youtube.

Welcome to the parrot cage, PDA. read above to understand. Would you like to post some examples of these 'video compression artifacts'? Please read all the way through if you want to understand where I am coming from. If you do not wish to do so your opinion will be noted and you will be relegated to the Parrot Cage with the rest of the parrots. You may choose which type of parrot you would like to be but leniency ends there.
"Raawwk! Compression artifact"! Yeah, right. Prove it. : )
edit on 28-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wow. That is quite a collection of parrots in the Parrot cage. Let's see we have...
WeedWhacker
TechVampyre
PhishyBankWaters
Ararisq
Spikey
LovesAConspiracy
SonOfTheSun
KevinB
Miniatus
And most recently aquired,,, PaidDisinfoAgent.
That's alot of parrots.
So far none of you have provided anything from this vast repository of examples of video compression artifacts on Youtube. I have provided a video which shows a nice example of the degradation that occurs due to video compression/decompression. Why are you all jumping to the conclusion that this is a compression artifact when analysis even of this poor video reveals that it is just a case of sticky eyelids. Have you never blinked and had an eyelid or both turn inside out? I want to see some examples of these video compression artifacts that all of you eagle-eyed ATSers have seen. I would especially like to see one with the artifact localized to both eyes only . That should be easy considering that you all seem to see this everyday.

Here is the video again...

edit on 28-2-2011 by Frater210 because: added movie link.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
Would you like to post some examples of these 'video compression artifacts'?

Every video on youtube is compressed. Fact.
Artifacts are a result of compression. Fact.

The examples are in every video that claims Reptilians.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

That's fine, CluckerSpud. I got you. But it still does not explain the effect seen on Jim's eyes. That is not a compression artifact that is localized to his eyes only. It is simply a case of his eyelids folding back because they are sticky. If it is a compression artifact would you be willing to postulate as to what type? Maybe quantisation noise, for instance.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You will notice that I left you out of the Parrot Cage, I haven't forgotten you. I have been waiting for a reply to my last post aimed at you. Do you think my summary is correct or not? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Please tell me you realize how ridiculous the premise of this thread is - or I guess how ridiculous this notion that there are reptile-people out there is. Are you positing that one could peel this guy's skin back to expose a reptile head? Of all the crazy conspiracy theories out there, this is perhaps the one that most consistantly makes me ask wtf?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Yep. As ridiculous as someone who does not read through the thread and then makes a post like this one. I don't even want you in the parrot cage.
I would be interested in knowing what you think the premise of this thread is.
Thanks.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

there are many on ATS who have had one on one alien interaction.
how could you be sure to make such an affirmative statement?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well that about does it then. I posted this silly video snippet as a way to make myself feel better about the other silly reptile post at the time, "This poor woman is shape-shifting on live television' or some such thing. You wanna see 'artifacting' go look at that one, there is lots of it. There is lots of it on the Pilot Jim video as well (the one posted here.) But it is not localized to his eyes to the point that it produces the effect seen in the video.
His eyes are sticky, folks. That's it. Probably a combination of a bunch of makeup and nerves. In the other thread with the Anchorwoman what is at the root of the effect is cosmetic neck-tape and improper video formatting.
So what did I learn ( I do not know if any of you learned anything, the majority of you are parrots, after all.)?
That there a lot of posters who go on about video compression/decompression artifacts when they don't know what they are. In both videos the effect was nearly purely physical (aside from ''Lossy" compression/decompression noise which will NOT produce the bilaterally symmetrical effect seen in the vid) but so many of you jumped to the conclusion that what we are seeing is a video artifact. That in my opinion is worth about as much as saying that Jim is a reptile.
It has been my pleasure to debunk my own thread. That was the point from the beginning. I was just hoping that some of you would beat me to it.
Thanks for your interest.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I do believe that there was a glitch in the video. We all know that reptiles have slit eyes and doubles eyelids. Here are close up picture of the eyes before during and after the blinking.

I will let you decide ultimately what it is. I am however unconvinced he is reptilian.

Thanks to Skywatcher for this really great post. You can see he took the time to slice and dice. Nice work. extra stars. And thanks to Jim the Pilot for putting up with this. I am sending psychick stars, Jim.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Frater210 because: Meritocracy

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by true-life

Dude, that was a joke
, never seen a Stargate?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

You are most welcome! I will continue to improve my dissection of videos and other pictures posted on ATS so that better discussions can take place. All the best!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join