It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Islam: The Religion That Supports War

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I do not mean to attack anyone beliefs in this post, but I wonder a lot about the real reasons for religions.

Why would anyone worship a murderer? I am sure that if the story of Jesus took place in afghanistan and Jesus was Arab I would still have the same belief system of the story being morally correct, but the arabs would never worship a person of a different race because they are too stubborn, they needed somebody from their own culture to have as a religious figure and they did not need the story to involve morals at all.


Muhammad was first and foremost a revolutionary, a fiery religious guerrilla leader who created and led the first genuine national insurgency in antiquity that is comprehensible in modern terms, a fact not lost on the jihadis of the present day, who often cite the Koran and Muhammad's use of violence as justification for their own insurgencies.


www.historynet.com...




posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Jesus was Arab....



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Jesus was Arab....


Jesus was Jewish not Arab.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
And his story took place in Lebanon, Israel, Syria, Iraq, and other places in the region.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus
 




Judaism is a religion not a race.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Jesus was Arab....


lol, here is a thread for your education and entertainment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer
 


You don't mean to attack anyone's faith yet you began by asking why would anyone worship a "murderer". Muslims do not worship Mohammad. They worship Allah. Both the Bible and Koran have violence quotes as they do good, valuable quotes. It is solely based on how one interprets those respective texts with regards to today's world and their own beliefs. Have you ever considered someone taking the Bible literally and start stoning children or killing gays?

Race? Race has nothing to do with religious belief. By the way, the same can be said about people of Christian faith. Jesus was supposed to be a Semitic Jew yet he is painted as a bearded, long-haired, blue eyed European. Why? Check out David Rothschild if you want to know what I mean.

Like I said, it all comes down to interpretations. You have religious extremism in Christianity where people are attempting to hurry in the apocalypse and "rapture". They want it to happen. There are Christian Zionists who will gladly commit treasonous acts against the U.S. if it means helping Israel.

Islam is not the only religion that promotes violence. Interpretation is everything in a world without facts.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus
 




Judaism is a religion not a race.


Jew can refer to a ethnic group or religion.

Jew, Hebrew Yĕhūdhī, or Yehudi, any person whose religion is Judaism. In the broader sense of the term, a Jew is any person belonging to the worldwide group that constitutes, through descent or conversion, a continuation of the ancient Jewish people, who were themselves descendants of the Hebrews of the Old Testament. In ancient times, a Yĕhūdhī was originally a member of Judah—i.e., either of the tribe of Judah (one of the 12 tribes that took possession of the Promised Land) or of the subsequent Kingdom of Judah (in contrast to the rival Kingdom of Israel ... Britannica


edit on 27-2-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Jesus was Arab....


lol, here is a thread for your education and entertainment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


He was born in the Arabian Peninsula thus making him Arab, and Israel at that time was ruled by the Romans so if anything he was Roman.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Jesus was Arab....


lol, here is a thread for your education and entertainment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


He was born in the Arabian Peninsula thus making him Arab, and Israel at that time was ruled by the Romans so if anything he was Roman.


If Jesus was Roman he wouldn't be a descendant of David making him invalid as the Messiah. Basic theology man.



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus

Originally posted by CoincidenceX

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
Jesus was Arab....


lol, here is a thread for your education and entertainment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


He was born in the Arabian Peninsula thus making him Arab, and Israel at that time was ruled by the Romans so if anything he was Roman.


If Jesus was Roman he wouldn't be a descendant of David making him invalid as the Messiah. Basic theology man.


So you are saying Bethlehem was not part of the Roman Empire?



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Most religions are there to control people. Under the name of the Abrahamic religions, more people have been murdered than any other spiritual belief system. So tell me, if it isn't about control, then why have so many died?
edit on 27-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I do not mean to attack anyone beliefs in this post, but I wonder a lot about the real reasons for religions.

Why would anyone worship a murderer? I am sure that if the story of Jesus took place in afghanistan and Jesus was Arab I would still have the same belief system of the story being morally correct, but the arabs would never worship a person of a different race because they are too stubborn, they needed somebody from their own culture to have as a religious figure and they did not need the story to involve morals at all.


Muhammad was first and foremost a revolutionary, a fiery religious guerrilla leader who created and led the first genuine national insurgency in antiquity that is comprehensible in modern terms, a fact not lost on the jihadis of the present day, who often cite the Koran and Muhammad's use of violence as justification for their own insurgencies.


www.historynet.com...


Back to the topic at hand. When Muhammad recaptured Mecca he went in with his head bowed and didn't kill anyone. He only threw out the idols in the Ka'bah. He only fought as a defensive measure to protect himself and his followers.

When they was in Mecca his followers were imprisoned and tortured for saying there is only one God. It was going against the polytheistic institution. Muhammad also had several attempts on his life while in Mecca, him and followers eventually fled to Yathrib (Medina) where he continued to gain converts and live in some safety.


edit on 27-2-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer
 


Uh, a lot of the Old Testament (Which means Christians and Jews) supports war. There were many battles for the "promised holy lands" in several books of the bible. So, not just Islam supports war, but the two other religions that are closely connected to it as well. I think it's just something we have to deal with as a species.



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
reply to post by greyer
 

Race? Race has nothing to do with religious belief. By the way, the same can be said about people of Christian faith. Jesus was supposed to be a Semitic Jew yet he is painted as a bearded, long-haired, blue eyed European. Why? Check out David Rothschild if you want to know what I mean.


I realize the bible is full of violence, but, your above writing does not make any sense to prove wrong my words, you go on to explain why you think the Islam religion doesn't have anything to do with race, remember I am not a jew and admitted I would worship Jesus if he was an Arab.

edit on 4-3-2011 by greyer because: context



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by DevilJin
reply to post by greyer
 

Race? Race has nothing to do with religious belief. By the way, the same can be said about people of Christian faith. Jesus was supposed to be a Semitic Jew yet he is painted as a bearded, long-haired, blue eyed European. Why? Check out David Rothschild if you want to know what I mean.


I realize the bible is full of violence, but, your above writing does not make any sense to prove wrong my words, you go on to explain why you think the Islam religion doesn't have anything to do with race, remember I am not a jew and admitted I would worship Jesus if he was an Arab.

edit on 4-3-2011 by greyer because: context


My comment is right and it does prove you wrong. Race has nothing to do with religion. You assume Arabs would not worship Jesus because he is not of the Arab race (as said in your OP) BUT there are Arab Christians who know Jesus was a Jew and they don't care. You make it sound as though if someone is Arab, then they are automatically Muslim. Is this more about Arabs than it is about Muslims? Why do you believe Jesus has to be Arab to be worshiped by Arabs?




top topics



 
1

log in

join