It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan rebels tells America not to intervene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Everyone's been wondering weather the US is going to invade or not but the most important issue is does Libya want US help.

dailycaller.com...

www.reuters.com...

A spokesman for a Libyan rebel group says his organization does not want foreign governments to intervene in their struggle against Moammar Gaddafi’s regime Read more: dailycaller.com...

Its looking like they don't from the above news reports.

I can't help but wonder what will happen if America decides to invade anyway, would they risk turning it into a three way war between Gadaffi the rebels and the US, if that happened it would be some seriously bad PR for the US.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The US need to stay out of it. Why must they always assume the the "Role".
We all know it's a sham. the US has no Interest in the Libyan people, not a shred. OIL is what they seek, and as
a bonus the get to set up bases in ME, when shortly they will be losing a few in other parts of the Middle East. Oh and Israel will be protected.

Stay away America. We don't need more killng.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

The rebels wishes should be granted.

There shouldn't be any interference from other nations. A civil war is taking place and by definition we should allow the Libyans to determine their own fate.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
can you determine what is real
and what is propaganda ???

I also remember a Kuwait Ambassador's
daughter crying to the press that Iraqi
Soldiers were throwing babies from
their incubators.

The sad part is, sometimes we
really can't tell til after the fact.

Or is this just Gadhaffi propaganda
to keep US Boots out of Libya ???

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

either way the rebels seem to be winning so I think they should be left alone.

Imagine if it was america in the middle of a civil war would it really want outside help from say china or india.
edit on 27-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: typos, typos always with the tpos

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I've seen the MSM interviewing the resistance in Libya and they make it very plain that they do not want anybody to come and help them.

We (USA) should stay out of it. It's like other posters have said, we wouldn't care if the oil wasn't there. We shouldn't even consider it. The US Government needs to keep their noses out of it and take care of their own country, which is about to collapse..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We should stay out of it anyways, although I'm sure Obamas handlers haven't decided what to do yet. If we do go in, will Obama be judged as harshly as President Bush, or get a pass because he's Obama?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Unfortunatly while theres nothing conclusive, theres a lot of signs hinting america might take action soon.

If the do it could easily decend into a 3 way battle royale, I wouldn't be suprised if the rebels accepted the help of outside parties in that situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the lybian rebels are now stating

"Any intervention will be confronted with more force than we are using against Gaddafi."

news.sky.com...

looks like I was right if america tries to "help" the rebels the rebels will attack them.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Understandable. If the rebels get (overt) help from foreigners they will be branded as agents of those foreigners and the people will turn against them. But who knows what's going on behind the scenes?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is the fight of the Libyans. They had not been cowering in fear or hiding in fright after the beast's hails of bullets and cannon fire. The men of Libya made a heroic and courageous stand, started with nothing but now owning 90% of the country, and will not rest until the beast and his minions are made accountable for their crimes not only to Libyans, but to humanity as well.

This is their period of nation building. It begins with drops from their precious blood and the courage to make a stand, without fear or favour. No man or gov outside Libya can take this test away from them. They will either fail as a People, be annihilated should they fail, or stand proud for generations to come should they succeed.

And success is but only a moment away.

They had not sought or called for military intervention at the initial stages when they face the beast's brutality and onslaught, when nothing was sure, a dark frightening phase, but with bravery seldom seem from other nations, they persevered, and right now, in their closing moment towards resolution and triump of freedom, they had not sought intervention, nor ever will. These are Libyans, of proud ancient stock and heritage that withstood the test of time.

Therefore, let not any nation interfere with their current nation building status. Have confidence and support them that they will succeed. Some other nations are not supporting the military intervention, not because they believe in the Libyans, but have vested interest in the rebels losing, and will be remembered.

For those whom are kind hearted, rather, help with the aged, the women, children, the infirm and the weak fleeing to safety. Feed them, give them medical aid generously while the Libyan men struggle for freedom even with hungry growling in their bellies and blood bleeding from their wounds.

It will be much and better appreciated when it is all over, and freedom is attained. Libya is a rich resource nation and will return back twice fold for every generosity shown during their hour of need.

edit on 1-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have been listening to BBC world service today and heard from many rebels who are opposed to any military intervention, although some agreed maybe with a no fly zone, however, that is military intervention, but like a poster said above, we should leave it to the rebels, by trying to do the right thing it will be quickly portrayed as a bad thing by anyone with an axe to grind with America i.e the muslim world.
edit on 1-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join