It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Need for a Forum for Native American Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When Columbus came to the New World he started a mass Genocide of Native Americans, and their culture. Through this, much of the history of the world lying within the Native American culture may have been destroyed. My 9th grade history teacher taught me many values but the most important, is that there is a vessel of truth in everything. Columbus didn't care about the history of the Native Americans, nor the culture, but himself. We lost information with the loss of these mysterious Natives, who lived in true harmony with our body's creator, Mother Earth. I want to know their truth, their history, their ideals, and take on everything. We have lost the Native Americans harmonious ideals and have made themselves forget there history and ideals. This is not our country, it was not theirs, but they were the only ones who knew that. That land could not be owned, but only used.

To anyone with information on the native ideals, and medicinal remedies, and basically any lost info or ignored info on Native American, Post your info and remember the Natives, whom we stole their lives and culture, and replaced it with our own.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

Alot of it can be found in the Survival forum. If technology ever goes down, we will need to re-learn everything that the Indians already knew.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We've got "Ancient and Lost Civilizations"...seems to fit your criteria...

I only see two options to the way it went..."Hello Stone Age, meet the Industrial Age" European way in North America...and however the Europeans did it in Africa that I don't think turned out spectacularly either...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i think food and water will be our first concern. most people do not even know how to grow their own food. learning about native american culture is probably going to be down on the list. information overload about all the subjects we SHOULD know about is what is causing apathy in todays modern world. poverty, loss of job, loss of home, healthcare, war, inflated food and energy prices, financial stability of our country, consumes most of our attention.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I aggree, there is much wisdom to be gained from the way of the Native Americans.
We are only one humanity, and imo we cannot afford to discard this vessel of wisdom.
Look around, my friends, and ask yourself a question:
Is there something WE could do better???

Love and respect

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Like TreadUpon, I'm going with Ancient & Lost Civilizations, though the "Ancient" part could be troublesome. The subject of Native Americans, in and of itself (and in my opinion) wouldn't merit a forum on a conspiracy/mystery website as there was little need for Europeans to be conspiratorial in the subterfuge of the natives. Their technological advantages and primitive social awareness and conscience allowed fairly blatant destruction of the existing civilization(s).

But I can see American Indian topics fitting in nicely in a variety of existing forums ... like Social Issues, Regional Politics, Predictions & Prophesies, Philosophy & Metaphysics, Origins & Creationism, Fragile Earth, etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I would like to see people contribute info on the natives. Even if it goes in Ancient Civilizations, I still would love to see it. I have LOTS of Native American in me and even knew my great-great grandmother who was Cherokee, but other than what I've found online, I know very little.

I was just out looking for arrow heads earlier. They are usually easy to find around my home and I always love coming across one. I don't know how long they've been here, but I would love to find out! I'm fascinated with people who lived in harmony with the land and nature for so long. I actually know a few people who are 100% of a native bloodline. I'll see if I can get any info from them.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here we have some words from a wise one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca0cecc9a272.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
When Columbus came to the New World he started a mass Genocide of Native Americans, and their culture....
*[snip]*
Columbus didn't care about the history of the Native Americans, nor the culture, but himself.

Although I do not condone the abolishment of truth in our history, nor suppression of facts concerning any culture, I must point out that your Thread Opener seems to be a little slanderous towards someone you have never met ... Columbus ...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by somsom

I have never met but i have been taught about him every year in school for 12 years. i think i know enough about him to say what i have said.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You've "learned in school for 12 years..."

Maybe someone should remind you that Columbus was Italian, working for the Spanish crown? Why should America apologize for them?

Maybe you need a reminder that the British, French, Dutch, and Spanish wiped out tons of the indigenous population before there was any such thing as America?

Should we apologize for them?

Maybe you need the same reminder our African American friends need occasionally that most American Families didn't even arrive on these shores till after the "atrocities" had occurred? So what have we got to apologize about?

Too bad maybe, but the people responsible for the apology you want have been gone for a very long time now.

Telling you to put that in your pipe and smoke it may sound a bit harsh, but reality isn't kind.

top topics

join