It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the ATS staff have a contingecy plan for the 2012 Foum?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lots of crappola has been turning up in that forum lately and I wondered if the staff has a contingency plan for the forum in 2012.
When nothing happens on December 21st 2012, does that mean all these threads will be deleted or will they be kept up as a scar and reminder?!

The forum is out of control. I don't want to single out any one post, but people post anything on that forum and stretch their OP to be 2012 relevant. Or they take a perfectly good science article and taint it with a sensational thread title: Nibur/Planet X? OMG!.

So do the staff have a plan for the forum when this date comes and nothing happens?

9/11, JFK etc will be debatable for as long as man is around. This kool-aide however, has an expiration date.

Of course we will have to wait and see, but having a plan in place for anything is a good idea, even a holographic, brown dwarf with inhabitants determined to harvest gold and make slaves of you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What I really want to know is if the ATS staff has a plan on how to handle the 2012 forum in the event it all comes true and the world ends.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What I really want to know is if the ATS staff has a plan on how to handle the 2012 forum in the event it all comes true and the world ends.

If the world ends, I wonder if my thread will exist in space somehow so people can say, "told you so". Most likely the mods will have closed my thread by then.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Remember Y2K? Thats what 2012 is...

I hope they remove the 2012 folder to hoax, or write hoax over it
something like that.....

There is always an IF, i'm sure SOMETHING will happen in 2012
that people will be able to say was of significance....

Elections in 2012...

End of the world? that seems such a stretch, maybe humans....
edit on 27-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There is no expiration date on an end of times theory. Just goal posts to be moved when the dates go by. And unless you can tell the future, how do you know nothing will happen? I'm not blessed with this power, so I'll just go along for the ride.

With the name of the forum, I'd suggest changing it to "end of the world profecies/theories" or something simular.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ATS contingency plan for the 2012 Forum!

Personally I wish we didn't have to wait that long, but it will happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
With the name of the forum, I'd suggest changing it to "end of the world profecies/theories" or something simular.

I agree. If the end of the world comes, I guess we wont have to worry about retracting statements, so I have to wonder what would the staff do with all the 2012 yapping after the fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Now that would be a moot point wouldn't it? Why would there be a special forum for something that isn't real, December 21, 2012 will be just another day in the life.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We won't be deleting threads...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I always figured they'd just change it to the next end of the world date, 2016 according to the link below (a list of all the dates the worlds was pedicted to end starting from 44AD.)

www.bible.ca...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
We won't be deleting threads...

Will it be perhaps be renamed or filed under "H" for hoax?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
There is always an IF, i'm sure SOMETHING will happen in 2012
that people will be able to say was of significance....

Not to worry... they have an out..

“Nibiru settled into a clockwise orbit (equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun). Nibiru stabilized into a clockwise orbit, equal to 3,600 orbits of Earth around the Sun until 10, 900 B.C.E., when Nibiru arrived earlier, due to increasing drift from Solaris of Uranus. Uranus' gravity sped Nibiru's orbit. As a result of this
close encounter between Nibiru and Uranus, one of Nibiru's moons, Miranda, was captured by and became a moon of Uranus as Nibiru and Uranus pulled at each other. From 10,000B.C.E. on, Nibiru's revolution sped to 3.450 Earth years; which makes Nibiru's next return 2900A.D. rather than 2012 as predicated on the earlier 3600- year orbit”

Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

2900 AD not 2012

In Sitchin's own words... that is 892 years away...

So if nothing happens in 2012... they can pull out Sitchin's books and actually READ what he says and reset the date
Just like they did with Nostradamus. If you recall before 2000 it was the fact that his quatrains ran out at the end of 1999 that was used to prove 2000 was the end... Now look round the web... seems his prophesies are good to 3535 or something like that

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Serves no purpose to delete the threads. They should be viewable for all to see and judge.
Although their Avatars should be stained with a "12".
Hail Cluck!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Serves no purpose to delete the threads. They should be viewable for all to see and judge.

But they do need to be closed... or there will be thousands of posts... "I told you so..."

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
No it's best to leave them open for a couple of weeks at least, people will need that outlet after all the years of this crap.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
No it's best to leave them open for a couple of weeks at least, people will need that outlet after all the years of this crap.

Exactly. And maybe a retraction from the OP's of all the 2012 threads would be in order?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think everything will be left as is. We don't move threads from the prophecy section when they do not fufill themselves. 2012 is no different ihmo.

Besides well eventually rename it when the next world ending event is scheduled to occur

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Although their Avatars should be stained with a "12".
Hail Cluck!!!

Scarlett Number?! Ouch.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I think everything will be left as is. We don't move threads from the prophecy section when they do not fufill themselves. 2012 is no different ihmo.

Ahem....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I would expect no less, there is no reason why it should be any different than that. Probably more so even.
Deny ignorance and all that crap.
edit on 27-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ahem....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I would expect no less, deny ignorance and all that crap.

Good point. This prediction was clearly sent to the hoax bin, as should the threads contained in 2012 forum if nothing significant happens.
edit on 27-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join