It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites will track 5,000 of the worst criminals in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Using chip implants and satellites, Britain will track approximately 5,000 career criminals when they are released from prison.

By Sophie Goodchild and Andrew Johnson
18 July 2004

Satellite technology will be used to track 5,000 career criminals who are responsible for one in every 10 crimes in Britain, the Home Secretary David Blunkett will announce tomorrow.

The radical new technology, which has been developed in the US, will enable law enforcement officers to pinpoint the exact location of criminals who have been released early from prison and fitted with electronic tags

Link
It looks like the UK is building upon the concept of the Patriot Act, although we Muricans get credit for developing the technology.

The possiblities for abuse here are obvious. I'm not sure if it is voluntary, though it may be tied to the early part of their prison release. There are already plans on the books to increase the number of applications.

I'm gobsmacked at the idea. I wonder how the yobs will react?

Sorry - I just had to fit those colorful terms in somehow.

Edit for typos

[edit on 17-7-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This appears to be a trial run to work out all of the bugs before the global plantation slave masters take it world wide to monitor the activities of ALL humans in the not to distant future

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm telling you people, it's 1984. Each week we have new stories covering human microchip implants. This is going to spread like wildfire and be unstoppable.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You're right, Echo. On talk radio here the other day was a discussion of implanting tracking chips in kids, to make it possible for their parents to track them "at the mall" or "at a concert or ballgame".

You'd have been surprised how many parents called in in favor of the idea. I thought it was incredible to even consider it.

On the other hand, TEMPORARY implants for the military such as in Iraq would definitely help with the hostage kidnapping situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo

I'm telling you people, it's 1984. Each week we have new stories covering human microchip implants. This is going to spread like wildfire and be unstoppable.

...and then, one day, no one will be permitted to buy, sell, or trade without a global plantation implant. Everyone will be a "criminal"

[edit on 18-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The article doesn't seem to be talking about implants... rather those electronic tags they use already. Probably just more up to date versions of those boxes they attach to the ankle.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No, the only criminals will be those who do not have implants, a crucial difference.

But backing up a bit, I am forced to ask the obvious question.

Why are 5000 "career criminals" being released in the first place? If they absolutely must be released, authorities might want to consider alternatives.

For centuries, the Arabs have been using a low-tech and decidedly less expensive method to reduce the likelihood of repeat offenses. Under that system, continued insistence on committing crimes leads to an eventual lack of limbs.

The U.K. might wish to look into using that technology and saving some major euros.

[edit on 7/18/2004 by Majic]

top topics

join