It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video - Possible Evidence of Supposed Pole Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The following video was previously posted on ATS in this thread.

I am posting this thread because I have come across this new quite interesting video regarding the matter.

Can someone with some more knowledge in this kind of field and the sources he is using shed some light on this for me?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lol, you can not go outside and see this comet anytime before maybe August so right there she is WRONG.
Not to mention comets have magnetic poles now? Please.
This woman is mad.

And the second video is about asteroid 2000 PN9 which at it's closest passes at .117 AU, we have had many objects come closer to us than that, I don't see the reason for the excitement. It doesn't even match up with the March 15th date that keeps getting thrown around and more to the point is unrelated to the first video.
edit on 27-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Bummer, i sure hope it doesn't crash into the planet, i'm not ready yet.
Now where did i put that rocket booster...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This seems to say that comets do become magnetic....

While the solid nucleus of comets is generally less than 50 km (31 mi) across, the coma may be larger than the Sun, and ion tails have been observed to extend one astronomical unit (150 million km) or more.[11] The observation of antitails contributed significantly to the discovery of solar wind.[22] The ion tail is formed as a result of the photoelectric effect[dubious – discuss] of solar ultra-violet radiation acting on particles in the coma. Once the particles have been ionized, they attain a net positive electrical charge which in turn gives rise to an "induced magnetosphere" around the comet. The comet and its induced magnetic field form an obstacle to outward flowing solar wind particles. As the relative orbital speed of the comet and the solar wind is supersonic, a bow shock is formed upstream of the comet, in the flow direction of the solar wind. In this bow shock, large concentrations of cometary ions (called "pick-up ions") congregate and act to "load" the solar magnetic field with plasma, such that the field lines "drape" around the comet forming the ion tail.[23]

new topics

top topics

join