It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calendar, 7 Ages, 7 Stars around Galactic Centre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I believe that the Mayan calendar is based around the following orbits:

If you can obserce, the star labelled "S14" intersects the centre towards the end of the year 2012. It could be this compelx dance of orbits that is the basis for the Mayan Calendar. It is believed that there is a supermassive black hole at the centre of their orbits, and when one of the stars (a neutron star) gets close enough, it releases a "Gamma Ray Burst" that can possibly disrupt out ozone layer and bombard the Earth with radiation, thus, being a source of mass-extinctions, as well as massive mutations to our genetic structure, and thus a catalyst for evolution. In order to find out what happens, check out the thread "2012: 14SGR vs SGR A*" www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why do you think that the Mayans knew about these objects?

Where is any evidence that this was known?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Its really just a hunch, I figure since there are seven orbits, and seven cycles in the mayan calendar, it might correspond as being a chart for celestial mechanics, the theory is, is that the Mayans and others were the survivors of the last cataclysm, and developed a chart in order to predict the reoccurence of the event. In terms of how they figured it out, its hard to tell, it could really be a process of trial and error over a period of hundreds of years of simple observations.

In terms of the "planetary alignment" - that has already happened, in terms of the alignment to the Galatic Equator, that is only due to happen in hundreds/tens of thousands of years in to the future. Its only really an alignment from our perspective, so an alignment would not bring about a surge in energy. If it is a recurring G.R.B. then it could explain all the ideas about "high density" and "high vibrations" etc etc, really its a bombardment of cosmic radiation, and "ascention" could really just be a fancy word for passing out due to intense heat...

I mean, I don't really want to "believe" in "2012" however I'll try to offer any possible theories, its all based on a series of assumptions, however, with some research perhaps somebody could write an official paper on the matter, and bring it to public attention. It will of course have to be proven, perhaps its not a species killer, but perhaps some kind of wave of energy, perhaps the Mayans were high and could see it all from another perspective, who knows...

join