It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' targets the brothers Koch, claiming attempts 'to usurp American Democracy'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Expunged

I'd rather see those of Soros' organization. Do this or anon appears incredably bias here. Soros as well or your leftist shills.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by antonia

It is doubly amazing how people will jump to conclusions and make up to vilify a company and a governor.

Street goes both ways.

ANd I am not a Republican.

Yet you constantly defend Republicans. Seems to me you just deny something because it's unpopular to have the label, yet in practice you do everything the label applies to.

The Koch brothers didn't need a prank phone call to out their greed. Just like Soros doesn't need Beck write-ups to out his greed. The koch brothers were well known before the phone call.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LukeSky

I'd rather see those of Soros' organization. Do this or anon appears incredably bias here. Soros as well or your leftist shills.

Soros has influence, but he is not the dominating influence at the moment. You do realize the new congress is "Tea-party" Republican right? Obama can do next to nothing with them. To say Soros has an overbearing influence is disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

It is doubly amazing how people will jump to conclusions and make # up to vilify a company and a governor.

Street goes both ways.

ANd I am not a Republican.

Koch is not just a "company". They are as anon rightfully pointed out, usurpers of democracy. They are liars and simply evil %^&*s. I am a fan of successful companys. I enjoy watching the scrap match between microsoft and mac as they spar endlessly in the corporate world, moving and shifting entire policys based on their latest events..those are indirect effects however. Koch has decided to custom make a government based on their institution, not work with the government to run their business.

They stepped far far far over the line and would like to brand their trademark on the flag. Hell, I have more respect for Trump than the Koch bro's. (lets class up america...put neon lights on the white house, ya)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by antonia

Proof please?

I defend the Constitution. I hold loyalty to no party.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Lets see
Soros has all but brought democracy to the eastern bloc. Koch brothers has spread disinfo to freak out granny into thinking she will be executed at the hospital...

mhmm, facts have a liberal agenda clearly. Go back to glenn beck world, reality clearly confuses you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by SaturnFX

How did Koch usurp democracy?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I dont think the Koch brothers cast all those votes,I think the people did. Soros is definantly behind alot of dirty deeds as well as the kochs and I dont care for nor need Beck to point that out for me. If anon doesnt go after Soros as well, their bias will be undeniable. That simple.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Reply to post by SaturnFX

How did Koch usurp democracy?

The billionaire brothers David and Charles Koch no longer sit outside Washington's political establishment, isolated by their uncompromising conservatism. Instead, they are now at the center of Republican power, a change most evident in the new makeup of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

Wichita-based Koch Industries and its employees formed the largest single oil and gas donor to members of the panel, ahead of giants like Exxon Mobil, contributing $279,500 to 22 of the committee's 31 Republicans, and $32,000 to 5 Democrats.

Nine of the 12 new Republicans on the panel signed a pledge distributed by a Koch-founded advocacy group — Americans for Prosperity — to oppose the Obama administration's proposal to regulate greenhouse gases. Of the six GOP freshman lawmakers on the panel, five benefited from the group's separate advertising and grass-roots activity during the 2010 campaign.

The heart of the GOP is now a product by the koch brothers. The GOP is now a simple oil protection agency and koch brothers agency.
They will do exactly what Koch tells them to do, from eliminating scientific discussions about greenhouse gases, to health care lies, etc...and it forms into actions and bills based on what this corporation desires from minute to minute.

Sorry, I know you are far right, but your ideals mean nothing overall when faced with the concept...if a single corporate organization has hijacked your party, no matter how well it benefits, surely you can see the problem here.

I am pretty far to the left, I see someone like Soros to be disturbing, but hasn't truely crossed the line...still, I don't think he is a healthy figure...koch is soros x 100 in regards to corruption towards the partys...however, due to them pushing right wing crap, they are of course overlooked by their own party...making of course conspiracy kooks like glenn beck a total hypocrite.

meh, do your own research...I can post a thousand things here, but unless you decide to read them (or absorb them anyhow), then it doesn't matter...its just spam you won't accept as part of your reality (even if it is objective reality.

Political "sides" is no longer a thinking mans game...it has turned into a religion around 2001...ever tried to convince a religious person a well known fact that flys in the face of their religion...ya...sort of a useless discussion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

I dont think the Koch brothers cast all those votes,I think the people did. Soros is definantly behind alot of dirty deeds as well as the kochs and I dont care for nor need Beck to point that out for me. If anon doesnt go after Soros as well, their bias will be undeniable. That simple.

You are anonymous...
I am anomymous...

there is no bias, there is no agenda, they are a collection of anyone..they turn down nobody. they are simply internet dudes (and dudettes) that often meet on some various chans and some super special secret irc channels and decide who to attack.
You think you have strong evidence on who and why a person should get hit? go talk to them and try to put a target up for whatever you think...expect for alot of questions, counter facts, etc...and if you sell em, then voila, your movement starts....gratz.

thing is, rarely do right wing fringe anon make strong cases on why a lib organization should be targetted..anon is emotionless and cold, they rip apart any discussion made out of an emotional plea verses facts..but give it a go anyhow.

Saying anon has bias is like saying wind has a bias.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is very likely that I should not do this but, I just could not find a better way to express my self.

I have posted similar thoughts at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I feel I must include this from that posting:

If I were prone to find a conspiracy behind every tree, some things may begin to look a little contrived and their outcomes a little to convient, right about here.

A large influx of a foreign population is allowed to increase the available labor pool.

General credit rules are relaxed and purchase borrowing is widely encouraged.

The financing of over valued housing is incouraged by those who are incharge of regulating the proper lending for such things.

After the consuming population has maximized the amout of money they have available to repay their obligations, the price of the basic energy source needed for them to maintain a reasonable income suddenly jumps dramatically.

This makes the cost of transporting goods and services increase over night, increasing the cost of production and reducing the demand for products to be delivered.

Thus started the rapid reductions in the general labor force, soon followed by the reductions of mortgage payments being made.

As the economy was heating up, many bankers began laying and taking "bets" as to which and how many of these mortgage payments would be made on time.

Once the bankers realized there was a case to be made about the possibility of their loosing money from the bets which they had made, they immediately set upon the politicains for the use of taxpayer money for protection.

When the mortgage payments stopped, the value of the houses and property declined and less property taxes were paid to the local governmental bodies.

Since many people have been laid off from work, they buy less and no longer pay much in the way of sales taxes which also impacts the revienues of the local governments.

This is the cause for many politicians to now be calling for measures which include the revocation of the collective bargaining groups which work for their various governmental bodies.

There have been many movies made showing how man is reduced to living hand to mouth in very squalid conditions after some supposed apocaliptic event. It would appear such an event may not be necessary "if" these globalists have enough patients and continue to wait us out.

Once the trade unions are done in and collective bargaining is deamed illegal, it should only be a short time before any minimum wage laws will be struck down. By implimenting regulations restricting the activities of those who would work to reinstate such programs, all wages of all workers can be "dictated by market forces". This means, an employer can pay workers as little as they wish and the workers should be glad to get it. Otherwise the employer can just fire them and hire a replacement, whom they will pay a little less, and the new worker will accept it.

This may seem to some as an extreme view but without any restrictions, who, of us, will be willing to lay out more money for anything than is necessary. And so, begins the slow downward spiraling of the worlds working class.

After, or maybe along with, this de-regulation of wages; this same group of people, who are now in charge of both the business and political sectors, can also remove any and all regulations which involve the manufacturing of their products. This will mean there would no longer be any assurances of the safety or effectivness we have come to expect in our food or medications. This would also bring about an "open season" on our environment. Without any regulation by oversite agentcies, manufactures will be able to release any number of toxins and pollutants into the air and water. With such pollution on a global scale, life on earth will not be what it once was.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The idea of getting rid of corporations all together is naive and foolish.
Corporations are nothing more than a groups of people who have come together to make money by selling goods or services. That is the backbone of our entire economic system. Whether large or small, its corporations who provide jobs.
Yeah there are some corrupt corporations. And they should face justice whenever it's appropriate. But the call to get rid of all corporations is just plain stupid.
You want to go back to the middle-ages?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't thik corporations should be able to donate to campaigns at all. But how much of that money was donated by Koch industries and how much was donations from employees? Also interesting is the 5 democrats that got donations, so it can't be a left/right thing as many pro-union folks suggest.
I for one am glad that somebody is standing up against Obama's global warming/greenhouse gas scam agenda, though.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I guess im anonymous now because I said this the day before they posted that letter. Go anon!!!

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would much rather them target and expose the Koch brothers. If you want them to target the NWO or TPTB the Koch brothers are the perfect target for them.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Also from the other thread.

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by halfoldman

I would say anybody who tries to control the masses and hides behind a curtain shall have the curtains fall to leave them exposed to masses. And what a show it will be when there on stage nude and showing all for all to see.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
the article makes them look slanted toward the labor mafia which I'm against. When you talk about anti trust in America, monopolizing the work force of America is in my view the worst possible crime committed in business.

How many people can't find work in this country because the unions have fought against an open market for wages and driven them abroad ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

But all those other countries you mention have things like free health care and no such thing as insurance bills. If you think about how much insurance you pay you will begin to see where the difference is. health insurance, workmans compensation insurance, car insurance, home owners insurance, liability insurance, and so on. You will find you spend a lot of your money paying the things other countries offer for free.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Awesome, thanks for the info. Though in regards to boycotting this corporation, I suspect that will be "almost" impossible. Here is a list of their product divisions, no way can I list in one posting all the things they are involved in.

Polymers and Fibers

In 2004, subsidiaries of Koch Industries, Inc. acquired INVISTA from DuPont and combined it with KoSa, a Koch affiliate since 1998. Today, INVISTA B.V. and its subsidiaries are among the world's largest producers of nylon, spandex, and polyester polymers and fibers.

Apparel: INVISTA is the creator of leading consumer brands such as LYCRA® fiber and COOLMAX® fabric. Read how Coolmax and other dry-wick textiles work. INVISTA is a leader in global apparel markets, including ready-to-wear denim and sweaters, intimate apparel, swimwear, activewear, and legwear. COOLMAX® EcoMade socks

TERATHANE® polyether glycol, DBE® dibasic esters and ADI-PURE® adipic acid. These products have applications in apparel, carpeting, polyurethanes, engineered plastics, coatings, adhesives, building materials, pharmaceutical intermediates, cleaning solutions, fragrances, and printing inks.

flooring, area rugs, sleep products, and home and hospitality; its automotive-focused segments such as airbags and automotive flooring; and its industrial nylon offerings including luggage, outdoor gear, industrial workwear, sewing thread, cordage, and a wide array of military product offerings. Consumer brands include STAINMASTER® carpet, ANTRON® carpet fiber, CORDURA® fabric, and COMFOREL® fiberfill.

polyethylene terephthalate (PET) polymers for carbonated soft drink, water, beer, juice, food and custom container applications. Production also includes polyester intermediate feedstocks, film products, fibers, and specialty polymers for a variety of applications, inlcuding PBT-based engineering polymer. Consumer brands include POLYSHIELD® resin, POLYCLEAR® resin, OXYCLEAR™ resin, PERFORMA® film and sheet, and POLARGUARD® continuous filament polyester fiber.

That is just their division of polymers and fibers. They also have a division of minerals (petroleum coke, coal, cement, pulp and paper, sulfur and other related commodities), process and pollution control, ranching, refining and chemicals, commodity trading and services, forest and consumer products, roofing, and fertilizers.

It seems, they are in just about every industry, to clothing, to toilet paper, to oil refinery, to ranching, to ............... pretty much just about a piece of the pie of everything. i wouldn't even know how to start boycotting a corporation such as this one. I think the only way would be if a person lived in the boonies, and never came into town for anything.

www.kochind.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The reason the U.S. has higher standards of living is because of unionizing, and unions fighting against corporate elites. The U.S. has a proud history of Union uprisings.

All you people who hate unions should move to Mexico, where unions aren't allowed to exist. You can go down there and work your behinds off for slave wages.

The biggest difference between first world nations and third world nation is the ability to for workers to form unions.

The people who hate unions are brainwashed morons.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If Anonymous is targeting the Koch brothers due to their influence on politics, then he/she must also target labor unions. Union do the same thing as the Koch brothers, but they steal members money to do it. Unions aren't attempting to usurp democracy (btw we are not a democracy) the have already taken control. Union leaders pay their selves on par with the CEO they claim to hate so much. These same "leaders" take members dues and buy elections for the left, then use their thuggish foot soldiers to silence any one who speaks out. I say thank God for the Koch Brothers, they are fighting for the majority of Americans against these union criminals. Anonymous needs to stop being a hypocrite and tell the truth about his little agenda.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join