It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' targets the brothers Koch, claiming attempts 'to usurp American Democracy'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Nice try, Glenn Beck.

You're not fooling anyone. There is power in an union, despite what you and your handlers think/claim.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Go listen to Utah Phillips tell stories of how it used to be, before we had the unions and you will then understand the passionate response as evidenced in my erudite fellow senior posters response.

Your fellow poster can see only good from the unions.

The unions did some good in the past, but they have mutated into a corrupt parasite that sucks off other workers.

If the unions are so good, why are they against workers who choose not to join unions?

A man can work for years to build up a small business that he created. Then unions come along, force workers to join. Then they make outrageous demands against the business owner, and if he doesn't agree, the union goes on strike. They will not allow anyone to cross the picket line. They will incite riots at the plant, They will destroy the owner's trucks and other equipment under cover of night.

They will send everything the guy worked to create, up in smoke.

The American way would be for the unions to create their own competing company. But instead they wait until someone else builds it, then they come in and suck it dry.

Just like the mob. And the unions are in bed with the mob, as if you didn't know.

This is what your "erudite" little buddy refuses to see. He can't be blamed, though - he uses high school notes for source reference material.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Nice try, Glenn Beck.

You're not fooling anyone. There is power in an union, despite what you and your handlers think/claim.

Oh, I know that unions have power, Rachel Maddow. The problem is, it's like putting a loaded pistol in the hands of a 6 year old...they usually destroy what they aim for.
edit on 5-3-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The NRA would put a loaded pistol in the hand of a 6 year old and tell them that it's perfectly normal.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Here is the issue that you describe.

The more overbearing and large the corporation, the more the union depends on numbers, and the more those who are not with them, are against them. However, if we remove the large overbearing corporation, then you don't have the need for such a thing as unions.

Until that time, I'll take the good with the bad.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How about Anonymous going after other groups like Tides foundation or Heinz Family foundation for there attempts 'to usurp American Democracy.
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
archive.frontpagemag.com...
www.discoverthenetworks.org...
www.cdfe.org...
politicalvelcraft.org...

When Anonymous target only one side and lets the other side run rampant you have to wonder WHO RUNS Anonymous

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I posted this earlier and the Koch brothers suck those small companies dry from the top and the government as a union of small companies Koch does not own. So Koch is a elite union organiser of business owners.

Originally posted by JBA2848
I keep seeing Koch Industry say they have 70,000 employees, But is that even true? Lets take a look at one of there companies that might make that fall into question.

www.encadria.com...

I don't know if people know what staff leasing is. You don't hire the staff leasing companies employees. You add your employees to there company as a filter to get better prices on workmans comp, health insurance so on. The leasing company uses the collective power of employees from many small businesses as one group to get better rates. Sounds like a union to benifit employers to me. And the employees are not even Koch employees they belong to many small companies gathered across many states.

Atlanta GA - Metro
Atlanta GA - South Metro
Florence, SC
Garland, TX
Green Bay WI
Jacksonville FL
King City, CA
Memphis TN

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Just imagine if we could form a global union, with global standards for pay!

Unions can only survive in a free nation, just like the Westboro Baptist Church does.

Imagine unionizing China, North Korea, Venezuela.

Imagine going to one of those places and burning the national flag. Or speaking out publicly against their 'leaders'.

Wouldn't happen. The fact that the US protects the freedoms of such groups as the WBC or the UAW is what makes it so strong, so great.

So, come back when you've unionized NK and China. Unionizing in the US is nothing - we live on freedom for all groups, even repugnant ones.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Unions aren't as repugnant as soldier-sniffing, line-toeing conformists.

I thought ATS was the anti-thesis of such?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Union leader released from jail in Venezuela
ShareretweetEmailPrint– Thu Mar 3, 2:26 pm ET
CARACAS, Venezuela – A Venezuelan union organizer was freed from jail Thursday, just three days after he was sentenced to more than seven years in prison in a case that sparked protests by human-rights and labor groups.

Ruben Gonzalez told state television he had been granted parole and would be required to appear before authorities every 15 days. He said he was pleased with his conditional release but was not totally satisfied because he is certain he committed no crime.

"The only thing I did was represent workers in their just cause," Gonzalez told a news conference in eastern Venezuela.

The activist was sentenced Monday for leading a strike that temporarily paralyzed the state-run iron mining company. The sentence drew protests from human rights groups, and some Venezuelan union leaders had pledged to wage street protests to press for his release.

State radio reported that Gonzalez was released in response to a ruling by a Supreme Court magistrate. Details of the decision were not immediately released, and government officials did not comment.

Seems theres more unions then you think.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Unions aren't as repugnant as soldier-sniffing, line-toeing conformists.

You just described a union member.

But you're wrong, anyway. Soldier-sniffing, line-toeing conformists (and any other groups you belong to) usually hurt only themselves. Unions, however, destroy the industry they invade. They hurt innocent people.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

*yawn*

It's way past your bedtime as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Time to eat.

Bye, guys.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Theres even unions in China. I like the last part. "The Law states that unions should be set up in companies where there are at least 25 employees."

www.pacificbridge.com...

Even when China began to open up in the late 1970s and early 1980s, labor relations hardly emerged as an issue. Labor was plentiful, and in the headlong rush for rapid economic expansion, poor treatment of workers and working conditions were seen as inevitable, even unavoidable.

After two decades of sustained development, however, workers have become increasingly aware of their rights and global labor norms. Workers who were laid off from inefficient state-owned enterprises clamored for their rightful compensation. Those working for foreign companies, too, have begun to make their voices heard.

Concerned by the rise in the number of lawsuits between employers and employees in labor arbitration courts, the National People's Congress launched a campaign in August 2004 to enforce the Trade Union Law.

The Trade Union Law covers foreign and domestic companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. The Law states that unions should be set up in companies where there are at least 25 employees. In companies with fewer than 25 employees, a representative may be elected to work with employees on various labor issues. The Law also makes it clear that unionized companies with 200 to 500 employees are required to have at least one full-time union official, and one additional official for every 500 employees.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

*yawn*

It's way past your bedtime as well.

Touche'.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Actually it is unions that create democracy and market systems.

I have already provided links that give the history, and Hunka provided videos.

Seriously dude, you sound like you are a little too obsessed with bad boy unionizers.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Koch apparently opposed the Iraq war, supports gay marriage (weird that it is even an issue but still), and supports stem cell research.

Apparently this Koch cat is a huge Libertarian that has been waging "an underground war" with Obama.

What exactly is the problem here?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

There great guys sure.

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS) The oil barons of the Koch family are rich in cash but downright poor when it comes to family harmony. A 20-year feud between Koch brothers Charles and Bill takes a turn when Bill tells 60 Minutes II Correspondent Scott Pelley that some of Koch Industries' profits come from fraudulent management tactics.

The squabble began when Bill lost a boardroom battle for control of Koch Industries to his older brother, Charles. Since then, Bill has filed a number of lawsuits, including one that alleges the company, founded by his father but run by his brother since 1967, has amassed enormous wealth, much of it through fraud.

"…It was obvious to me that this was organized crime and management driven from the top down," says Bill of charges the company took more oil than it paid for by under-reporting measurements from suppliers' wells. He charges that the company improperly profited by doing this to thousands of suppliers over many years.

In a lawsuit brought by Bill Koch against Koch Industries, a jury found that the company took more oil than it paid for on thousands of occasions. Koch Industries declined requests for interviews with 60 Minutes II and, in a written statement, said Bill Koch was a "disgruntled family member" who is waging a "personal vendetta."

But I guess it helps when you have other family members to help.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bush Koch was born in Harris County, Texas. Since she was a child, Dorothy has spent summers and holidays at the Bush compound, a sprawling estate in Kennebunkport, Maine. In 1975, during a visit to Beijing, Dorothy became the first person publicly baptized in the People's Republic of China since its government began discouraging foreign religious practices in 1949.[2]

Dorothy attended Miss Porter's School and earned a B.A. in sociology from Boston College in 1982.

She has two children, Sam and Ellie, by her first husband, William LeBlond, whom she married in 1982 and divorced in 1990, and two children, Robert and Gigi, by her second husband, Robert P. Koch, whom she married in June 1992 at Camp David. Robert P. Koch was an aide to House Democratic leader Richard Gephardt, and is a lobbyist and president of the Wine Institute. [3] He has a substantial equity interest in Central European Distribution Corp., the company that manufactures and distributes vodka in Poland.[4]

She lives with her family in Bethesda, Maryland and works organizing events and raising money for charities and other non-profit organizations. She has also served as a Pioneer fundraiser for her brother's presidential campaigns.[

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Your writings make clear that you are a far right winger, so here's a question. Are those teachers rich? If you answer yes, then you admit that those that make one hundred fifty thousand are also rich. If you say no, then your argument is baseless. There are 2 choices for the question. Yes or no. A simple one word answer, nothing more.

All I hear from my right wing friends is that those that make 150K are hardly rich, yet they complain that teachers are over paid. Having your cake and eating it too, is the catsass. Too bad only the right seems to be able to play that game.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually it is unions that create democracy and market systems.

I have already provided links that give the history, and Hunka provided videos.

Please, for my sake. summarize what a market system is and how unions create them. I will admit I skipped over that part of the discussion.

Seriously dude, you sound like you are a little too obsessed with bad boy unionizers.

I don't think I am. But I do think that you ignore the dark parts of their history. You haven't successfully addressed a single charge I've made against them.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join