It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Uncut Target NatWest, Lloyds TSB & RBS Banks in a Day of Potest - ATS Citizen Photojournalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
UK Uncut, the new protest group against austerity measures in the UK, occupied the Lloyds TSB branch in Oxford road and staged a mock classroom scene delivering speeches about the wrongs of the current banking model. The original target was NatWest on Regents Street, but NatWest had closed their branches down early in the day ahead of the protests. Lloyds TSB on Oxford Street was plan B. The protest passed without incident.

A US version of the protest group targeted the Bank of America.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well done to those involved. Just a pitty this did not take premise over other news items,on the main news channels.

Off course they do not want us to see these events happening up and down the UK.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Very true. However, The Guardian has been giving quite a bit of time to the UK Uncut group and The Daily Mail too. There were some 40 events up and down the country - a great effort for this new direct action protest group. It is also good to see the States forming their own Uncut groups as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
what always frustrates me about these sort of protests is I always want to join in but can never afford to travel to one

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Check out the UK Uncut website. Their actions across the country are always listed here. You might have something going on close to home.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

nope unfortunatly theres nothing, this is what comes from me not living on the mainland and the ferries being rip offs

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

You could always stage your own protest?

2011 is the year of protest after all!

new topics

top topics

join