It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China uses whistles, water, police on protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

China uses whistles, water, police on protests

apnews.myway.com

SHANGHAI (AP) - Large numbers of police - and new tactics like shrill whistles and street cleaning trucks - squelched overt protests in China for a second Sunday in a row after more calls for peaceful gatherings modeled on recent democratic movements in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Korea, and now China. Is this turning into a global protest, or is this sort of thing nothing new? For me in America, it's hard to say. I personally don't know of anyone who's struggling to eat, but it seems like food inflation and accessibility to basic goods is what it would take.

Would America ever protest like this? More importantly, if Americans were to protest (and this is the sad and scary thought), who would we protest? What's so frustrating about this country is that the PTB in America live behind curtains, and if we were struggling to eat, it would be difficult to re-establish ourselves given our laziness and ignorance.

But on this particular article, is anyone else hearing news on this?

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Would America ever protest like this?

I'm sure the one way us Americans would protest like this would be when an executive order of a state of emergency is signed by the president bypassing congress ordering Americans to drastically change normal everyday habits.

As long as our everyday American habits are left alone, I see no major protests or riots.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Due to meddling by westerners as usual.. China can and will work out its problems just fine without western meddling.. Sort your own messes out.. Last thing china needs is the corrupt, useless western democracy -

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Due to meddling by westerners as usual.. China can and will work out its problems just fine without western meddling.. Sort your own messes out.. Last thing china needs is the corrupt, useless western democracy -

Yea because China is such a bastion of freedom and equality... Sigh!. I agree the west should not intervene and I doubt they are. The seeds of Tienanmen Square have been germinating in China for a long time. They are about to sprout. Those that think all these protests are a western plot are on the wrong track!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Atleast there not shooting the people like dogs in the streets and running them over with tanks. Could be allot worse there. But I dont see them over throwing the government there maybe they can get a little more freedom but thats about I see happening there.

new topics

top topics

join