It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland's new government on a collision course with EU

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The people of Ireland must stand up to prevent becoming slaves of the IMF and European Central Bank.
Bankster thieves continue to become richer while the rest of the population is expected to pay for it with "austerity measures".

So how are they going to pay back all the money they already spent but which wasn't theirs?

Let's remember that these auterity measures are not somethgin that came out of het blue - they are therebecause Ireland is bankrupt without them - they spent up large when they did nto actually have the money - they borrowed against assets and now cannot pay them back.

If you borrowed money you would be required to pay it back - why not Ireland?? Why should Irish taxpayers be allowed to rip of pretty much everyone else in Europe? (and the same question goes for Spain, Greece, Iceland & Portugal)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The same thing that is happening in Ireland happened in Iceland. However, the Icelandic people refused to take IMF money and have slowly recovered and in fact, created a whole new constitution as a result. The main issue, as was in Iceland and in the US, is that the banks were gambling and creating products that they knew would fail and fail they did. When that happened in the US, they said pay up or the world will end. So we paid up. When they tried that in Iceland, right before they could say pay up, entered Wikileaks and the bankers were prosecuted. Now, the bankers are going country to country and as a result of creating these fraudulent mortgage tools, etc., are crashing countries and trying to push IMF loans on these countries. Ireland got shoved into the EU and therefore lost some of it ability to stand alone against the IMF.

The endgame is to bankrupt all countries and have them all in debt to the IMF. Thus, the need for a global currency and a reworked set of rules in the form of lost sovereignty and austerity. Ireland is just the latest. Soon, all the PIIGS will succumb to this process. The only difference in all this and the US is that the Dollar is the worlds reserve currency, so that insulates us from having to feel the effects immediately.
edit on 27-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It is my impression that the Ireland financial problems were from the same mess that the has caused this global economic mess.

Low interest rates, and banks playing with other peoples money.

The loan was to shore up the failing Irish banks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

You are exactly right, MT. The real issue is who gives them the loan and who do they pay it back to - and, should the actions of the Irish banks be considered illegal. You would not believe how tied together all this is - the U.S., Greece, Iceland, and Ireland. It all has to do with funny banking.

Interestingly, in the US, MERS was just thrown out of the whole process and most of the mortgage crises is being turned back on the bankers. Unfortunately, Obama is trying to sweep it under the carpet and not let the bigger banks fail. Its all a sham.

Here is a quick perspective:

edit on 27-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: added video

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue

The same thing that is happening in Ireland happened in Iceland. However, the Icelandic people refused to take IMF money and have slowly recovered and in fact, created a whole new constitution as a result.

the people haven't refused to take IMF money - the Brits and Netherlands stopped the loans until the Icelanders agreed to pay the money they owed!!

In het end Iceland did take IMF loans - about $2.1 billion, with anotehr $2.6 billion coming from various individual countries such as Norway, russia, Sweden, Finland, Poland and even the Faroe Islands! See www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The Irish people don't owe the money, the Irish banks do (see here, here, and here).

Nice little excerpt from one of those links:

The view that Ireland was a spendthrift country just like Greece knocks up against the fact that in Greece it was the government borrowing and spending like mad. Whereas in Ireland it was the banks which lent like mad. So posturing by, say, Germany demanding greater fiscal responsibility from Ireland really misleads on the causes of the crisis. Why wasn't the German government (and other Euro governments) preventing their banks from lending so recklessly to Irish banks? Lenders should be responsible for their recklessness. Making the Irish people pay the vast bulk of the bill for mistakes of both Irish and non-Irish banks seems morally wrong. Lending is a risk. That's why the interest rate on commercial loans is higher than the cost of money for very low risk borrowers such as the German government.

With respect to the Bloomberg article, you are correct with the following exception - the Icelandic people did not include the banker bailout in the loans, which Ireland has been forced to do. Here is a good article explaining the difference.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Make sense? It's just a crap storm. It makes no difference whether you are or I am more correct. The reality is that it is just a banker con job foisted on the Irish by the IMF and the NWO minions.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Actual premier of Iceland killed that deal again couple days ago. Told Britian to stuff it we aint paying, AGAIN.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So my understanding of this is that when the poker game was played and the bluff was called after someone ingeniously figured out that the game was rigged by the House of,, any way, both Iceland and Irleland have once again affirded that "we ain't stupid" end of quote.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
My favorite quote from the OP article.

A European diplomat, from a large eurozone country, told The Sunday Telegraph that "the more the Irish make a big deal about renegotiation in public, the more attitudes will harden". "It is not even take it or leave it. It's done. Ireland's only role in this now is to implement the programme agreed with the EU, IMF and European Central Bank. IIrish voters are not a party in this process, whatever they have been told," said the diplomat.

OP article

My God at the hubris. I agree 100% with rockpuck Ireland should immediately default and drop the Euro. Iceland told the banksters to stuff it they still survive.

edit on 27-2-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

Would that not unfortunately just drive the Irish even further into the red? If they lost the confidence of international lenders, surely the Irish economy would literally collapse due to the inability to receive financial backing?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
So my understanding of this is that when the poker game was played and the bluff was called after someone ingeniously figured out that the game was rigged by the House of,, any way, both Iceland and Irleland have once again affirded that "we ain't stupid" end of quote.

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes but for one small detail,, they will introduce there own currency backed by the people of Ireland, thier loyalty and thier own ingenuity and resources.
By intoducing thier own currency they will have rid themselves of both debt. and stupidity in one fell swoop. Kind of like the old days of "are we romans or britians" ,,,,same idea.
edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: prob spelling

edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: yup

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well they used too be an independent single country at one time a monarchy, so maybe its time for the Kings Of Irieland too meet again, and once more hear,, the sound of the Sword, or the Harp.
edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Yep - but it doesn't matter whether it is the banks or the people - the people will always suffer - the only question is to what degree?

If the banks are allowed to go tits-up then they stop lending, small business collapses, mortgages get recalled, overdraughts curtailed, business operating accounts closed - it's not actually a good thing!

If the banks are bailed out by the taxpayer then at least the country keeps running albeit it sucks for a while - maybe a long while.

Have a look at Iceland again - they let the banks fail.....and yet the taxpayers are still goign to pay out for it. Mainly because ultimately the banking system cannot be allowed to fail.

It isn't a matter of having 1 or 2 or 10 or 100 companies "too big to fail" - it is that the entire system was failingl.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
(And as a side note, just too show what the Irish are capable of,, ok thier not slow,,, Congratulations too "Irish Micky Ward" and his brother "Mr. Leland", who buy the way in my opinion, beat Sugar Ray, without a doubt, and Mr. Leland in my opinion, slipped Over, Sugar Ray, not Step over him, but, times were different, once again congrulations on your OSCAR.)
Oh and too the people of Loel Mass. an Oscar and a two world champs
cool

edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: loel??

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Well not sure what you are on about but the European Union was formed in 1993 as basically a new UN due to Germany and France believing that the UN was no longer efficient so to speak. They were also the ones that introduced the first single currency in 2002.

That was the official story, the real story is never revealed to the public. For sure the decision was made by the Zionists, the Illuminati, whatever name you give them, which is comprised of predominantly royalty and aristocracy bloodlines.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I hope the Irish start to kick some European a*s and get themselves out of Europe, and then revamp their banking system so the Government prints the money and takes that right away from the greedy, vile banksters who use usury to exploit and enslave humanity.

edit on 27-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You are right - don't even get me started on who will pay the bills. Here is a very interesting real-time article that is slightly off topic of this post, but really explains the mechanics behind the scenes, which essentially covers all that we are talking about here and how it affects Ireland and really, the whole globe. How the IMF would like to push us into Special Drawing Rights and the reality that that is a failure from the start.

Peace, Aloysius.

goldsilver.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Thats what the Irish voters should had demanded and voted in the party prepared to rip up the agreement.....so now the Irish are back to square one, the new Irish Govt will NOT be allowed to renegotiate...thats the whole idea of the global bankers in the first place.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by scoobyrob

Thats what the Irish voters should had demanded and voted in the party prepared to rip up the agreement.....so now the Irish are back to square one, the new Irish Govt will NOT be allowed to renegotiate...thats the whole idea of the global bankers in the first place.

yes i agree with you!!

they say they have bien told by the imf that they are willing to renegotiate, BUT, they could simply be lying just like they have before! it wouldn't surprise me.

at this stage it just looks like were just gona have to deal with it....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

This whole thread is giving me goosebumps. It`s really bringing home to me the pure evil of this bankers` NWO corporation. I didn`t quite understand the Iceland situation at the time it happened, but I agree with the suggestion that they consider bankruptcy. The Irish have put up with a lot in the past. I just wish the solution were simple for them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join