It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

A very interesting thread just popped up here on ATS, a crucial piece of this conspiracy.

Absolutely a must read for everyone in this thread.

Misleading Articles On Chinas "Jasmine Revolution"

The article goes into great detail to show that "photos" posted on the internet supposedly showing protests
are actually old photos photoshopped to look as if they are current advents.

edit on 27-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Sounds like a very good one to check out. The misinformation and disinformation ultimately needs to be cut through if we are ever going to get to the bottom of what's going on, and be able to make some intelligent deciisions.

It would seem according to our own government every one is unhappy but us!

Don't you feel special?

Thanks for finding and sharing that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

World oil peaked in 2008.
Global warming is a reality.
The global economy is in far worse shape than people realize.
Wealth in the current fiat money supply is extremely tenuous.
A global market crash could wipe out the wealth of the super elites in the blink of an eye.

From that list I think you have bought into a lot of the globalist lies. For example, Global Warming is a CON. I did a tongue in cheek (I hope) critique of it and the WHY in The Ultimate Conspiracy Theory!

You need to look at all those ideas and "Follow the Money" instead of the propaganda.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Hey Proto! Great thread as always. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this article says it all:

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

by Brent Jessop
Global Research, February 2, 2008
Knowledge Driven Revolution.com - 2007-11-19

The Pentagon's Information Operations Roadmap is blunt about the fact that an internet, with the potential for free speech, is in direct opposition to their goals. The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system". 

The 2003 Pentagon document entitled the Information Operation Roadmap was released to the public after a Freedom of Information Request by the National Security Archive at George Washington University in 2006. A detailed explanation of the major thrust of this document and the significance of information operations or information warfare was described by me here. 

Computer Network Attack 

From the Information Operation Roadmap:

"When implemented the recommendations of this report will effectively jumpstart a rapid improvement of CNA [Computer Network Attack] capability." - 7

"Enhanced IO [information operations] capabilities for the warfighter, including: ... A robust offensive suite of capabilities to include full-range electronic and computer network attack..." [emphasis mine] - 7

Would the Pentagon use its computer network attack capabilities on the Internet? 

Fighting the Net

"We Must Fight the Net. DoD [Department of Defense] is building an information-centric force. Networks are increasingly the operational center of gravity, and the Department must be prepared to "fight the net." " [emphasis mine] - 6

"DoD's "Defense in Depth" strategy should operate on the premise that the Department will "fight the net" as it would a weapons system." [emphasis mine] - 13

It should come as no surprise that the Pentagon would aggressively attack the "information highway" in their attempt to achieve dominance in information warfare. Donald Rumsfeld's involvement in the Project for a New American Century sheds more light on the need and desire to control information.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Hmmm, given the fact that the U.S. spends more on "defense" than the rest of the world combined, I wonder what kind of budget would be allocated and what kind of resources would be employed to "fight the net as it would a weapons system?"

link   
Another great thread Proto!

As other posters have noted we have seen how the media has been used to stir up the masses in the past. Over time it should become obvious who benefits the most from the false media reports. Looking back through history to the depression years in the US we saw how the government tried to use the Civilian Conservation Corps organized by Roosevelt to lift the US economy. That less clandestine strategy partially worked however it wasn't till the military complex brought us into world war 2 that the world economies finally were shaken out of the depression. The media tactics used then are undoubtedly being used similarly today with the latest middle east propaganda.

Your comment about HB Gary software rings true in so many ways, but Greg Hoglund the reverse engineering whiz for the company is probably only a draw for a targeted US audience similar to Wikileakers.

In the past Hoglund has done a lot of good work with Windows rootkits and such (although these days I'd pretty much say he is to hacking as Dr. Phil is to psychology).

My strategy the last few weeks has just been patience. I'm not sure what the current MSM blitz is about. If this continues we could develop some media parallax tools that would compare event descriptions from different countries. Theoretically unless this is really an NWO choreography, they might report an event differently in the Russia/Poland media than the Egypt/Iran spin? You analyze enough sock puppets the single hand underneath should start to take form if it exists.

During WW2 I'm sure a lot of people were in a similar situation. Not much you can do when the hard times drive Mein Kämpfen sock puppets under a blood flag though.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I can't speak for the judgement of God but I think we also have to understand we are ultimately going to be judged by something just as important and even more immediate.

OUR CHILDREN

Presently it's not up to me to help the people in Iran or Libya or North Korea how they should live, that's for the people who live there to decide.

They know much better than I what their common goals and needs are, and how to communicate honestly with one another about what they really are.

Regime change and nation building by America is really a process that does not seem to work.

I wish everyone well and happiness, and luck in their endeavors, but beyond that, I just don't feel it's wise or my place to get involved into a culture, a region, a people that I really know so very little about living thousands of miles away and never even having been there.

I really believe if we all just concentrate on cleaning up our own back yards it will all work out much better.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Excellent thread!!

Look at how we received our news,before the internet. Nightly News,and only a couple of other options,Newspapers,Magazines,etc.......Now,Not only do we receive our news in real time,we get to comment on it in real time. I always question everything. The Internet is a powerful source of Information. It can also be a powerful weapon. I can say I am not a figment of your imagination though.

Star and Flag

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

An outstanding and very informative post my friend.

In fact the CIA considers the number one vulnerability to 'American Security and Dominace' to be the Internet.

A lot of attention is being given by the Powers that Be in how to make it work for them and against us.

As you have displayed that's very real, and considering that not only have other governments but our own government fired on and killed protestors (Kent State) when they start to threaten the foundations of society, what better excuse to they have than us revolting to do that, disarm America and increase their near constant and total spying on us?

Thanks for sharing that highly relevant information.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

...that would happen because there's no leader and the chaos that has already taken over the country....

Well said.

Without good leaders and a goal, protest and violence only lead to Chaos.

It would seem the Elite wish for us to descend into another period of "Dark Ages" a period of poverty, misery and ignorance.

Thanks to the Elite the learning in my country has sunk from near the best in the world to close to the worst. The ability to think and reason is no longer taught.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I can not and will nor comply on this, To my opinion we are not to WW3 because other strengths are playing the cords, strengths far to powerful to comprehend by human society.

I mean we have broaden or perspective due to Internet , The earth governments powers unleashed a medium thinking it was to benefit them but instead it embraced our view of who we really are behind political scenes.

No my friend If Internet is going to shut down . people will find a way to put this up again because its informational freedom its the digital wild west of the future I always called this world Wilde west, of information and we absorbing like sponges.

If Internet is going to be shut down there be a world revolt believe me! and the people who are now fighting for governmental freedom in the east will meet other people in the other three corners of the earth!

I think we are upsetting big brother by to much freedom via Internet!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Excellent thread!!

Look at how we received our news,before the internet. Nightly News,and only a couple of other options,Newspapers,Magazines,etc.......Now,Not only do we receive our news in real time,we get to comment on it in real time. I always question everything. The Internet is a powerful source of Information. It can also be a powerful weapon. I can say I am not a figment of your imagination though.

Star and Flag

Thanks my friend, and I think we all know how this works, everyone who agrees is ok and every one who doesn't is a disinformation agent or bot!

We have to resist that temptation too because as you point out so well, none of us knows it all, but as you wisely state, putting in some extra effort, caution and being aware of all the possibilities can help you arrive at better conclusions.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Hi my friend, thanks for the comments, however I never mentioned anything about the Internet being shut down or taken away from the people.

The thread is rather about how the Government, Intelligence Agencies and select corporations who have developed Internet Software to create fictitious armies of Internet Posters might be behind or playing a part in the wave of unrest sweeping the Middle East and much of the rest of the world.

I know it was a longer than typical opening piece but I felt there was a lot to lay in establishing those possibilities and the feasibility.

If you haven't had a chance but to peruse it, you might find it insightful if you have the time to give it a careful read, plus some of the other great posts in this thread by Crime Velvet, Jackflap, BurntheShips, and GoldenFleece just to name a few who have really added some substantial bits and links to outside sources.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well thought out, logically written and as always on par with your usual standards, S&F. Do I agree with your premise ? I think that anyone who dosnt use the internet to sway opinion would be missing a huge opportunity.

I believe there have been many examples of software that have been used to give a false reality through creating false users. IRC users even from the early 90s used to create clones in a channel and the old eggdrop bots could be programmed to use not only written words when required, but also actions such as warning, removing and banning.

The Israelis have admitted to having their own "propoganda warriors" on-line and Im sure we have all been privy to their work here on ATS.

One thing that does concern me is that personally Im realising that I honestly dont know who to trust for information online. The rules off the game have changed so much and so quickly. The flood of information, theories and views grows daily and at times Im sure others feel like me, that they are drowning in "New Stuff".

My concern is that we may miss that vital piece of the jigsaw because we are too busy trying to prove or debunk what we already have on the table.

Respects to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You know it's funny how watching the news right now, the media whores are already talking about these countries in a divided sense, north vs south, east vs west - why when those countries have remained as a whole?

There is a lot going on that we don't fully understand...the cultures and traditions of that place for a starter but then I never expect the western powers to have the capacity to understand these "backward people".

You also have a lot of forces at work here, ones who instigated the whole affair (empowering either or both sides through ideology and or weapons), others who take an opportunity and exploit it and those who are genuinely in shock at what has happened to reacting out of panic.

It's funny, I was talking to a Libyan today and he was telling me how they have had genuine peace for a while until the current unrest. People were able to live their lives, were not worried about world affairs as everything was self contained and not reliant on foreign intervention (and interruptions).

If some new world order is being propped up, it will happen on the back of these events.

"Revolutions are exciting...but they leave many dead bodies"

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ok. I think I understand what you say , what I want and what you think is impossible. help me if I got it wrong.

I want you to control your gov but your saying it is impossible because of the America nation's current state and that your gov has bad intentions about American people too.

you say that it's out of control. was this conclusion right ?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I also find it intriguing that Governments have an Internet "kill" switch. That in itself tells you how much of of weapon the internet is. There are those that don't want you to question Governments,or their actions. I have had posters ask me,here on ATS, why would a government hide something from its people,or why do you distrust Governments.Where would one start,to give someone a reasonable response? Is it not clear? Its not distrusting the Government,its questioning the Government.Those questions,in itself give credence to your exact post on the subject.I question everything. There is no harm in doing so.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

the group of people who think : we should start some thing chose the second choice. then if they are a lot you should try not to be SECLUDED otherwise your country is going to be driven by fools and fanatics

People do need rules to live, by otherwise countries will indeed fall apart. And after revolutions and reforming there will always be some kind leader who knows what to do, But in the end failed to satisfy the majority! Why does history always repeating itself?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Great post and additional information my friend.

I don't think any of us know just how deep the Rabbit Hole runs on this HB Gary Software if it's the only of it's kind or just the latest and greatest being marketed to the U.S. Government.

Hopefully throughout the course of this thread people who have additional insights, knowledge and information like you, can and will share it so we can begin to try to get a real idea on the depth and breadth of this thing.

I am thinking as always of the old saying...

"Fools rush in, where wise men fear to tread".

Thanks for sharing that my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

ok. I think I understand what you say , what I want and what you think is impossible. help me if I got it wrong.

I want you to control your gov but your saying it is impossible because of the America nation's current state and that your gov has bad intentions about American people too.

you say that it's out of control. was this conclusion right ?

I can't speak for everyone here in America but I can tell you many of us believe our Government to be hopelessly corrupt, ruled by a group of international oligarchs, elitists, and royals, and is intent on war, war, and more war and driving us into hopeless bankruptcy, lowered stadards of living, while stripping us of most of our fundamental liberties and priveleges.

If you think you have it bad dealing with your government, ours is the best armed, most sophisticated technology wise in the world.

I can't see our government being an honest or fair instrument of change elsewhere in the world, when it's trying so hard and succeeding at changing our own nation for the worst here at home.

That's just my assessment and no doubt many will disagree with me, but many do in fact agree it is that bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks my friend, and I think we all know how this works, everyone who agrees is ok and every one who doesn't is a disinformation agent or bot!

Although I agree, I'd like to add that I consider it highly suspicious when someone plants themselves in ONE forum and spends all their free time trying to counter or debunk legitimate questions and information, day after day for months on end. I'm having an issue with that right now.

Especially those who appear to be particularly intelligent and knowledgeable, but somehow can't see through improbable official explanations and obvious deceptions. Any intelligent poster like yourself who doesn't occasionally question authority and instead always seems to parrot the official government/corporate/media line reminds me of the stated need to "fight the internet as if it were an enemy weapons system".

edit on 2/27/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join