It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The reason I post is to start a revolution.

I think ideas have the power to change the world, and by throwing out these ideas into the world, we are changing the world.

The revolution is happening now.

I see ideas that have taken root, and are growing and becoming more powerful. The revolution is building as we speak.

The world is changing very rapidly right now, and in my opinion, the elites of the world have all the power they are ever going to get, and all that power is about to slip away, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The power of the elites is nothing but a number in a computer that can disappear in a nano-second. Theirs is a house of cards.

That is in fact all part of the guerilla information war, people like you and me, average people, trying to get people to wake up to new ideas and things, and old bad habits and things.

Yet if you and I are average people of average means, and we realized the opportunity that the Internet provides to basically do just that, are we really going to pretend or hope that the Powers that Be aren't going to sieze on it too, and 'cheat' like they usually do, to develop systems that can make it a more effective tool for getting what they want, than it is for getting what we want.

Don't get me wrong anyone please, the people going out in the streets really want genuine change, but what kind of change are they going to end up getting, and who was the one that really prompted them to seek it?

That's what the thread is about.

I am not posting on the Internet because I hate the 83 degree cloudless sky here in Miami and the half naked women sunning at the beach a block away.

No it's because I too want to see change in the world, so yeah, a lot of us really are fighting here on the Internet for that change to come about, and if we are you can bet your bottom dollar the Powers that Be are, and the change that they want is always what ever we might have jingling in our pockets.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This guy tells of riots in Europe that do not even make the news! Riots in Croatia.

The banker owned news media picks and choses what is told the masses and if necessary makes it up out of whole cloth!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

H B Gary is the tip of the iceberg.

I must add at this point that I think the U.S. is not the sole driving force behind this instigation.
The U.S. is a tool at this point of the larger puppet masters on the international scene.

Our leading politicians that are members of the CFR, and other international governmental organizations are working feverishly to strip the U.S of its sovereignty.
That is my humble opinion.

Now back to the fomenting....

Internet based communications, most predominately the growing spectrum of social mediaplatforms, allow people to coordinate and communicate in a highly efficient and collaborativemanner, even when vastly geographically distributed. These same services and technologiescan also make it difficult to attribute information to specific entities. Anonymizing and mis-attribution technologies used to mask location and identity have become commonplace. In manycases, people and/or organizations use the inherent insecurity in Internet communications toconduct criminal or unethical activities.

This represents a paradigm shift in the capability of individuals and small groups to conduct effective planning and execution of asymmetricoperations and campaigns that can have major impacts on large organizations or corporations. Despite the increased capability and anonymity that these new communications technologiesprovide, it is still possible to counter individuals and groups who are leveraging networks,platforms, and/or applications to conduct criminal and/or unethical activities. In such cases, it isnecessary to develop a more forward leaning investigative capability to collect, analyze, andidentify people or organizations conducting such activities. In order to effectively track andunderstand the complex, interconnected networks involved in these actions, it becomes critical toutilize proven, cutting-edge tools and analytical processes; applying them in a deliberate, iterativemanner against those involved in illicit activities. The most effective way to limit the capability of individuals and/or groups is to develop a comprehensive picture of the entities involved throughfocused collection, conduct rapid analysis to identify key nodes within the network, and determinethe most effective method for influencing/limiting these entities

www.scribd.com...

Its actually quite brilliant of them. As usual...

edit on 27-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the Information Purification Directives. We have created, for the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology - where each worker may bloom, secure from the pests purveying contradictory truths. Our Unification of Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve, one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!

The above text was broadcast on January 22, 1984 in anticipation of the launch of the new Apple Macintosh computer. Wasn't the Orwellian film, 1984, about this year? With as much information as we are exposed to on the internet nowadays, are we talking ourselves to death and being buried in our own confusion? Seems that way doesn't it?

Scientia potentia est, or Knowledge is power. The latin phrase can be found on the Information Awareness Office seal. Information leads to knowledge or so one would think. What if all this information is leading us to less knowledge or confusion as it were?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b7579fbfc07.png[/atsimg]

The term Information Warfare (IW) is primarily an American concept involving the use and management of information technology in pursuit of a competitive advantage over an opponent. Information warfare may involve collection of tactical information, assurance(s) that one's own information is valid, spreading of propaganda or disinformation to demoralize or manipulate the enemy and the public, undermining the quality of opposing force information and denial of information-collection opportunities to opposing forces. Information warfare is closely linked to psychological warfare.

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe the PTB were able to see exactly where this freedom of information and ideas would lead us. Absolutely nowhere. We claim to have been taught so much by being exposed to so many ideas and, I use the term lightly, truths. Yet, as Proto pointed out, we are unable to come to a consensus on anything. Here we stand, enlightened, yet baffled beyond comprehension.

There are so many forces that are shaping minds and attitudes and beliefs around the world that it is nearly impossible to locate the ones that are the real truth. Government propaganda, corporate propaganda, religion and superstitions. Where is it all trying to lead us to? To the land of confusion?

I wonder where it is that we can all find common ground on the issues that divide? Or is it impossible as the PTB may have already figured out so long ago?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It seems that the Middle East is being prepared to be presented with the Mahdi; with no leadership to stand in the way the people will employ "Unity of Brotherhood" via Islam. I am not so certain that our Government is behind this any more than I am certain that through the means of the Occult that our Leadership is "Possessed", including our Corporations, including our Entertainment, including the People, and that we are playing out this Grand Story together.

If the Mahdi is to come to take possession of all Islam, then this is how it would transpire and the Internet was less a framework and more a stepping stone. I am quite certain that there are those in this World who would do anything for their true Beliefs, even die for them, otherwise, how else could the Mahdi stand up in a Sea of People.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thank god!

I was seriously starting to doubt ATS. So many bad posts. You have single handedly redeemed all the other posters.

I think using the internet to destroy oil producing countries ,and bring about economic collapse, is so obvious in retrospect im ashamed I didnt predict it. Throw them all off balance for even a month and the USA will slide into anarchy. Brings about collapse, and covers their own tracks.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Great thread Proto, these are very eventful times we’re going through right now and with everything happening so quickly, many people are likely to get caught up in the spirit of revolution without employing any critical thinking.

The key to a successful revolution is not getting the masses to desire change and freedom as we are often led to believe, but, as you said, being able to replace the existing government with a better one. With all the resources being controlled by international corporations, that doesn’t leave much hope for a government of the people to truly get off the ground.

How then would an oppressed population go about a revolution that leads to real and lasting change?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

As humans, we do look to the past to see the future. While men are looking for WW3 to follow the pattern of history, its very possible and even likely that a Third World War is well underway, and will be fashioned quite differently than the previous world wars we are familiar with, WW1 and WW2....

Farmers are convinced that the war is well under way. It is an economic war and we are all losing.

How Goldman Sachs gambled on starvation and WON

Clinton, publicly apologized for his policies that wiped out Haitian rice farming and seriously damaged Haiti’s ability to be self-sufficient: www.democracynow.org...

EU’s deliberate policy to get rid of family farms for the benefit of the corporations 60% of Portugal's farmers gone a million poles slated for removal.

Study for government of Mexico, shows, the number of agricultural households fell an astounding 75% - from 2.3 million to 575, 000m in the ten years after NAFTA www.globalexchange.org...

One Indian farmer suicides every 30 minutes

Australia: Tyranny: How to destroy a business with environmental red tape

Global Famine

In the words of Henry Kissinger: "Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people."

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesquid
Thank god!

I was seriously starting to doubt ATS. So many bad posts. You have single handedly redeemed all the other posters.

I think using the internet to destroy oil producing countries ,and bring about economic collapse, is so obvious in retrospect im ashamed I didnt predict it. Throw them all off balance for even a month and the USA will slide into anarchy. Brings about collapse, and covers their own tracks.

If you believe the Government here would like to disarm the citizens and usher in a new era of corporate controlled asuterity as it marches us into a North American Union and then a One World Government then yes, this absolutely all makes sense.

The funny thing about ATS and people in general is when times are good we discuss things, theorize, imagine and often predict things just like what you mentioned above.

Yet when a crisis descends hot and heavy many get caught up in the moment and the critical thinking that applied when there was no crisis, no longer often applies when there is.

I wanted to show people through this thread how the HB Gary software really could be used, that the concepts of fighting an information war were shared with the Governments through Marshall McCluan who had everyone from the Popes to the Queens to the Presidents ears when he laid it out for them.

That it's not only a powerful tool but weapon and many governments suffering from how it is sometimes used believe that.

People live for the feel good moments where it looks like the underdog and little guy is having his day, yet the Powers that Be live for the moment when they can convince people that's happening when it really isn't.

I hope more people consider these things as these protests show no signs of subsiding and every sign of growing.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Internet based communications, most predominately the growing spectrum of social mediaplatforms, allow people to coordinate and communicate in a highly efficient and collaborativemanner, even when vastly geographically distributed. These same services and technologiescan also make it difficult to attribute information to specific entities. Anonymizing and mis-attribution technologies used to mask location and identity have become commonplace. In manycases, people and/or organizations use the inherent insecurity in Internet communications toconduct criminal or unethical activities.

Wow, burntheships, that is an awesome post. It all kind of falls into place when one considers what the actual purpose of the internet is. Is it a way to locate areas that are susceptible to revolution or other dissent and bombard them with whatever propaganda they feel is necessary to accomplish their goals?

You could use propaganda and psychological warfare on certain demographics to do whatever you want them to now that they are identified, accessible, susceptible and believe in what they are being told to believe. It really is mind boggling to consider that the PTB really do not care about what we attempt to figure out online. They sit back and collect information and decide what happens where based upon favorable or unfavorable conditions that effect their bottom line or agendas.

Information Awareness Office? Uh huh......

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Just make sure it is a revolution of IDEAS and not a revolution of arms. Do not play their game. They want a bloody revolution so they can cull the herd and our bank accounts.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by poet1b

Just make sure it is a revolution of IDEAS and not a revolution of arms. Do not play their game. They want a bloody revolution so they can cull the herd and our bank accounts.

People need to be mindful that people are really dying in these protests, getting seriously hurt, and being imprisoned, it's great to cheer that all on when you don't know or are one of the people that are.

It's one thing to give your life to make the world a better place, it's another to give your life so a military dictatorship can take over, and it's another all together if you have been tricked into doing both of the above.

It's real easy to dismiss it as all part of the process until someone you love or know is the person being killed or thrown in jail.

It's easy to support it if it suits your political, religious or personal agenda, but people I have to tell you this is really spreading now, and next week, or very soon it might be someone you know who gets caught up and hurt in all this.

There is not one leader in the United States who could step into and fill the vacuum of overthrowing our government and it's doubtful there are any in these other nations too.

What we have in store at this rate is a prolonged period of chaos, where a lot of people are likely to not just be hurt, but very dissapointed in how it works out.

People need to think smart, and figure out what kind of change they really want, and how to bring it about peacefully so people who don't need to get hurt, and aren't going to be served by being hurt, aren't hurt for nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a lot of people are waking to this concept.this may be of some interest:

We have been given a prepackaged ideal of what "revolution" is supposed to look like. So when we see people in the streets battling security forces, waving flags, all within the backdrop of their burning society, we are satisfied that "revolution" is taking place. But the reality is, this is not a revolution by any stretch of the imagination. It is a high-tech, high-speed invasion and subjugation, a corruption of the sovereign state similar to what Tacitus described in Roman conquered Britannia

full article here: www.activistpost.com...
from another article entitled 'global economic crisis' exposes plans for a global militery dictatorship

One of the more intricate essays, “The Political Economy of World Government,” details how economic classes are being restructured, with the potential for the middle classes to unite “using access to knowledge, resources and skills to shape transnational processes.” In this piece, Andrew Gavin Marshall shows how various private interest groups like the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderberg group and the Trilateral Commission are deliberately restructuring society to make national borders irrelevant.

here:www.activistpost.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

Great posts and great links that I hope many if not all will find or make the time to read.

The Council for Foreign relations is notorious in devising strategies how to manipulate the masses towards it's one world government New World Order Agenda.

They have a low estimation of the people's intelligence and love to devise strategies on emotional appeal, such as the infamous D.C. meeting held by the CFR for the Federal and States Leaders during the Swine Flu Crisis which was based on how to get people to purchase the shots and take them.

"Tell them there is a shortage and not enough to go around" this to the sounds of laughter as the particpants chuckled how easy it is to frighten people into things.

The HB Gary Internet Sock Puppet Persona software really exists, and if it really exists, it exists for a reason and it's being used.

Great post.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I believe the PTB were able to see exactly where this freedom of information and ideas would lead us. Absolutely nowhere. We claim to have been taught so much by being exposed to so many ideas and, I use the term lightly, truths. Yet, as Proto pointed out, we are unable to come to a consensus on anything. Here we stand, enlightened, yet baffled beyond comprehension.

In highly competitive sales oriented businesses like car sales, a good salesperson knows that giving the perspective buyer too much information can kill the sale.

Point out too many great things about the car you are selling and people begin to wonder what they still don't know about the other models they were looking at other dealerships.

Give them too much information to ponder and making a decision gets harder.

Generally you want to give them just enough to form an idea and lead them to a conclusion.

Look how short many of the stories are on the mainstream news media internet sites.

Do they really know that little, or do they really want us to know not that much?

Excellent post as always and very relevant to see how the whole Information Concept was basically developed here in the U.S.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

thanks. i only hope this important thread stays alive for a while so that many more from ats will see that we truly are being shafted by this con. if anybody else has any other relevant links please post. thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by poet1b

I, too, am here to start a revolution - one with no bloodshed - and using the Interweb and any other media that open up. I offer a solution I see, and it is indeed revolutionary. (See Ethical Planetarian Party link in sig.)

To Proto: Thank you so much for your work and thought in bringing this thread. It makes excellent points about the advantages (to all sides of an issue) and disadvantages (to those seeking to deny ignorance).

S&F!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolcath

thanks. i only hope this important thread stays alive for a while so that many more from ats will see that we truly are being shafted by this con. if anybody else has any other relevant links please post. thanks in advance.

It takes the better part of a whole day but I am in the process of sending out U2U's to everyone who has selected me as a friend here on ATS. It's a slow process with the flood control, but I hope to have gotten enough people to flag it to make it to the front page in a couple more hours where hopefully it will enjoy about a day.

I only take the time to do that when I think it's a truly important or worthwhile read.

I think this truly is, and sure do appreciate your and every one elses support!

Lets keep the links and post coming everyone!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thanks for posting my friend, I think it's safe to say that like you, most everyone on ATS wants to see real change occur and really occur peacefully.

I think that those of us who want change want change to a more honest system where our voices, and concerns are herd, and the real needs of the people addressed.

That's not going to be easy, but it's going to be worthwhile, but above all it really only can succeed if we can figure out a way to do that peacefully without violence.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

We're not so average.

And the PTB aren' t that good.

People know the truth when they see it. They may not embrace it, but they recognize it, and it changes them.

Yes, the PTB are doing everything they can to keep people in the dark, away from the truth. Notice how they took out the internet in Egypt? I would say that was a very good indication of how much they fear the internet.

So keep on fighting the good fight. We have lost a lot of battles lately, but we are a long ways from losing the war.

It is my opinion that the writings of Johnathan Locke was the motivation behind the American revolutionary war. This is why most people haven't heard about him.

What the PTB don't want people to realize:

World oil peaked in 2008.
Global warming is a reality.
The global economy is in far worse shape than people realize.
Wealth in the current fiat money supply is extremely tenuous.
A global market crash could wipe out the wealth of the super elites in the blink of an eye.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join