It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

They CAN only shape, and instigate. They cannot control spontaneous mass movement of people, other than by shaping the communication. This is a firebomb for them, for anyone who plays with a mob plays with more than they can actually control.

Think of it this way if you will.

Think of the protests you can't control as the waves of the ocean.

Think of what they eventually meet, the armed resistence of the State controlled by the Powers that be as a rock.

What happens and comes out of ocean waves and rocks coliding?

Sand!

The end product is not water (what the protestors are and want) the end product is not Rock (what people often imagine the Powers that Be want) the end product is sand, which is something presumably neither of the two sides want.

Until you realize a couple of things, that Governments are placed in the first place as a bulwark that rock for the waves to crash upon so the people above and behind the Government (aka the Shadow Government, Powers that Be) don't get all wet.

Yet what the Powers that Be want is to use those Hegelian principles of two sides coliding in this case the water and the rock to make a entirely different outcome that no one knows that they want, in this case sand.

To get the right amount and kind of sand you just need to mix the right kind of water with the right kind of rock.

Chances are what ever you end up with after these forces colide is going to be the unspoken thing that the Powers that Be knew all along.

What many people fail to get is that the people (the waves) have by and large only be programed through their societal constructs, and education and religion to only have so moves and options available to them based on that.

As you said it yourself most of this is identifiable and predictable.

So it might seem like the water is out of control, but we know a couple things about water, it can't fly, it can't create a solid mass, etc. In other words water has rather fixed known and predictable properties and in reality so does a angry mob.

So it's rather easy then to select exactly how much rock and what kind you want the water to be met by to determine the amount and quality of sand you are making through the collision.

Now what is new about this?

The Stakes

The Powers that Be are looking for abosulte control over the oil that is the life blood of industrialized nations and urban life.

If they can achieve that, and they are in fact achieving that, there control over the nations of the worlds combined with their control of the Banking Cartel and the most sophisticated parts of the Military Industrial Complex and the United Nations and International Law puts them in a unique position to dictate to the nations and the people of the world.

We are now in an end game where the Stakes are huge, and the apathy of thinking that this is just more of the same old, same old, is what brought us to the end game in the first place.

Easiest way to lose or conversely for them to win is to imagine that there is nothing unusual at stake here.

There truly is, and think about 10,000,000 people in Manhattan trying to survive without electricity, without gasoline, whith the grocers closed and the shelves bare, with no money spitting out of the ATM's and then that process being repeated at the same time in every major city throughout the United States.

Does the Corporate Shadow Government have the power to do that?

Yes, they really do.

Would the illusionary government of the people have a way to stop them from doing that?

No they really don't.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ianchattan

Ok yeah either you need some serious psychological help to try and piece together that fragmented, scatter shot way of thinking you have or you are indeed a bot program.

I believe the OP is right about the itnernet becoming a weapon as evidenced by HBGarys nasty little program but maybe it's further ahead than we realised and users like the one replied to here are an example.

I wonder if ATS would support a human recognition program like captcha to make posts, it would slow things down i know but it might eliminate the bot risk.
edit on 3-3-2011 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I would be interested in hearing your speculations on the final motives of the big players. You see while I understand there are personality types who simply enjoy the feel of power and want more and more of it, I just can't see it being that simple. These people have a wealth which enables them to live like the Monarchs of old, they have the power to alter the policies of the largest governments in the world.

So what is their motive? Or is it simply the love of power and gathering as much as possible?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

I would be interested in hearing your speculations on the final motives of the big players. You see while I understand there are personality types who simply enjoy the feel of power and want more and more of it, I just can't see it being that simple. These people have a wealth which enables them to live like the Monarchs of old, they have the power to alter the policies of the largest governments in the world.

So what is their motive? Or is it simply the love of power and gathering as much as possible?

Simply put I would imagine their motive is the "Return of the King" installing one person at the very top as an ultimate authority who can dictate every aspect of the human existence.

A dynastic system that ensures their gains as merchants and honors their holdings and contracts in perituity to shape the world in their own eyes.

Mankind has been for thousands of years been at war with itself and amongst itself, and it really has been about what is the dominant system that all of mankind should and has to live under, what is man really going to be and stand for, and what is the world that he controls really all about and how is it going to be run.

We can only speculate as to what kind of society they ultimately envision but I imagine the Georgia Guide Stones would be a good guide to that.

A population of less than a billion a people, more of an effort to live in harmony with nature, and to not squander natural resources to depletion, a uniform set of laws strictly enforced, unified systems in religion, commerce, law and governance that create and allow for no dissention.

Increased reliance on technology and science etc.

In other words an end of the controlled chaos with some kind of workable plan for sustainable evolution and progress.

This in a nutshell is what I believe they are after and while many might say well that doesn't sound so bad, a whole lot of people stand in the way of it, and if it's to come about, it can pretty much only come about through the violent elimination of excess humanity based on that less than a billion number, and anyone who is opposed to one centralized authority determining everything, and how that centralized authority wants us all to live.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Would such a society be an open democracy or are they basically enforcing a different version of the Monarchy system with the various ords and stewarts in charge of the land, basically the English version of Monarchy rather than say the Middle Eastern or Asian Monarchies?

You're right, such a society doesn't sound so bad (if it includes self determination) but killing 5 billion people isn't something i could support.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
On the topic of the thread, I cannot believe all of you computer savy forum veterans would consider for an instant that having fake social network friends would influence you in the least bit.
Isn't every persona you meet on the net in reality some overweight, greasy, cheesepuff eating, cardiovasculary challenged, 40 something, waste of flesh typing on his moms computer in the basement? Come on, get back to reallity. How would this influence anyone other than a complete internet virgin? Are you all reading every piece of spam? Expecting Ed McMahon at your door with your prize check? Sending moneygrams to people from craigslist? Waiting for your inheritance from Nirobi?

If you read the thread, you will realize that these programs target hot button issues where people are prone to think emotionally.

So it's not about the level of experience one has at seperating the wheat from the chaff in Internet discussions.

It's much more to do with the most effective lies have a grain of truth to them.

It's about targeting an audience a dissafected group, and about the only group that is not dissafected is the Powers that Be that think up this stuff in the first place.

So regardless of what your political or religious or national or trade group or social group is, chances are it feels neglected, ignored and frustrated, and likely angry.

If you look at your own posts they contain an element of anger, and most people are angry in general.

Nothing unballances critical thought like anger.

You see a fire, you come by and pour some gasoline on it, it's a pretty simple concept, that manipulators have been using from the dawn of recorded history.

That you imagine that the government and other organizations would not seek to do that through the Internet, perhaps the greatest tool of direct communication invented to date is rather incredible.

So we get back to the original post the disinformation agent the misinformation poster.

The misinformation poster very well might be in denial about these things, they need and or want to believe life is a series of random events beyond anyone's ability to effect and control so no one even tries too. (Even though history makes such beliefs absurd).

Or the Disinformation poster, nothing to see here folks move along we would never do a thing like this to you at all, says the spider to the fly while it's still attempting to weave the web.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Would such a society be an open democracy or are they basically enforcing a different version of the Monarchy system with the various ords and stewarts in charge of the land, basically the English version of Monarchy rather than say the Middle Eastern or Asian Monarchies?

You're right, such a society doesn't sound so bad (if it includes self determination) but killing 5 billion people isn't something i could support.

I would imagine it would be very similiar to Poland's old feudal system.

Poland was rather unique because the Dukes and Barons realized relatively early on that dynastic monarchies eventually die out when the leader can not sire an heir.

When that happened typically in most feudal countries the Dukes and Barons would go to war against one another, spending money and lives, sometimes even their own, in your typically violent process of seeing who would be powerful enough to lay claim to and maintain the crown and throne.

The Poles though simply resolved to elect their king, from royal stock outside of Poland. The common Pole had no vote, only the Royals, and they would look at the various Roman Catholic Princes throughout Europe and decide which one they wanted to rule them in a contractual Monarchy, and then hire and import that Prince to rule the land.

In this process they more or less controlled the King because they retained the right to fire the King through direct action or non-payment or both.

So the King pretty much ruled the land the way that they wanted the King to rule the Land and if it got to much for the peasants, they could blame the policies on the King and toss him to the dogs.

It would likely be a system very similiar also to what the Vatican uses.

Each diocese (Roman Catholic State) has a Cardinal at the top of it. When the Pope dies all the Cardinals are conveyned and decide who the next Pope is going to be. Once elected the Pope has absolute power of decree, the only time the Cardinals get a say or to vote on anything is who the Pope would be.

I would doubt that the New World Order system of one world government would allow for any kind of real democracy and in fact no one has had real democracy since the Greeks invented it.

We have a representative republic where like the Cardinals we simply only get to vote on who is going to make the laws and lead us, they have then almost unlimited discretion to act in accordance solely to their own wishes once elected.

That's not democracy as the Greeks envisioned it.

Modern democracy along Greek lines would actually look something like you or me the average person either formulating a law, or reason to repeal an existing law and put it to vote of all the people through the Internet.

Each person would have a direct say, so in other words the next time the Patriot Act was up for renewal every adult in the United States would get to cast one ballot through the Internet as well as to state their reasons for or against it, so other voters could read those.

That's democracy everyone having a say in everything.

Now in relation to one of your questions yesterday, the corporate European investment began well before the Revolutionary war, and the Treaty of Paris that ended the Revolutionary War safe gaurded those contracts and debts in perpituity, meaning that the only thing that changed was management.

Letters between the London Banking Cartel and Presidents of the United States discovered by one of the researchers in my All Roads Lead to Rome thread, clearly display that well into the mid 1800's a consortium of London Banks representing dozens of influential European Investors both named and unamed clearly show that not only were we paying those debts but that the United States Government could be threatened and in essence brought down if the nature and amount of those debts were publicly disclosed. These were standard threats to make sure that both stock and bond investments in the United States were payed continually and in timely way.

The myth of the American Revolution is in many ways just that. The same Europeans who owned the colonies continued to own them moving forward with the New Government just having more discretion to pass laws that would allow for local control of the infrastructure and productivity.

So you have to ask yourself how did we end up the world's policeman, and military force, created out of basically getting out of Europe those extra or rebelious elements that sometimes threatened the status quo there, by allowing them to imigrate, labor, be taxed, and then fight and die in constant wars here?

Did we all wake up one day and say hey, I think it would be great to go 10,000 miles away and start killing some people and or pay for it, or was there some greater thought, and group causing that outcome?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The Stakes

The Powers that Be are looking for abosulte control over the oil that is the life blood of industrialized nations and urban life.

If they can achieve that, and they are in fact achieving that, there control over the nations of the worlds combined with their control of the Banking Cartel and the most sophisticated parts of the Military Industrial Complex and the United Nations and International Law puts them in a unique position to dictate to the nations and the people of the world....

I would like to expand upon this because it is a very important point. I figure it would be nice to put it all concisely in one spot for those who can not believe it was done on purpose.

One of the front men, Kissinger, even put the plan into words for us: ""Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.""

ENERGY:

I have already mentioned (I think:puz
how the development of cheap safe thorium nuclear power plants was derailed in the 1950's and 60's. Not to mention the idiocy of wasting tax payer money on Windmills, Bio-fuel and Solar. now we have the myth of "Peak Oil" and very expensive energy. And of course the largest hoax/con in history Global Warming and the United Nations carbon tax. Toshiba has a mini nuclear plant @ $2500/home (lasts 30 to 40 years) ready to go. Any bets the USA will never see it but China, Brazil and India will???

MONEY:

Again I have mentioned several times how the USA has been setup for the current financial crisis by past presidents
Reagan - Leveraged Buyouts that wiped out the US manufacturing base.

Carter setup the hyper inflation in the late 70's that caused super high interest rates on 30-year bonds .. thus "creating" and "allowing" a guaranteed inflated income for whoever wanted the coupons! Foreign govts (and other big investors) that held those high interest coupons also had a good market for shorting the bonds themselves as rates went down! By the way, most of those bonds matured in the late 2000's! what a coincidence! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clinton - World Trade Organization, NAFTA, China's entry into WTO. Responsible for the export of 20% of our manufacturing in 14 years.

Repeal of The McFadden Act of 1927, The Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 and the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 leading to the Formation of Mega Banks. Also responsible for the Housing and Community Development Act of 1992 and the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 that was responsible for the unregulated CDSs, the bailout of AIG and the housing market collapse.

Bush The bank bailouts and the doubling of the money supply first quarter 2009. Passage of the 1099 tax code change requiring credit cards to issue 1099's to businesses.

Obama Aiding banker foreclosure on homes "insured " with CDSs; passage of the second 1099 tax code change requiring businesses to issue 1099's to vendors. Obamacare.

FOOD

I want to give an overview of the international take over of the food supply in a bit more detail because I doubt very many people understand what has happened. (Do you want that burger with a side order of e-coli or salmonella?)

Clinton sent Dan Amstutz, VP of Cargill, to the trade talks to write the World Trade Organization Agreement on Ag in 1995. Since then there has been pressure put on the governments of each country to implement the Ag Cartel's New Food "Safety" Regulations. The treaty requires "open borders" (no quarantine), “Traceability” and “Risk Assessment” as SPS (Sanitary and Phytosanitary) measures. That is a management system from ISO/OIE/FAO called “Good Agricultural Practices” for farms and HACCP for food processing. (later to be applied to farms too)

Instead of catching food safety problems BEFORE they get to the consumer ( government sampling and test), the new focus is to track back the problem AFTER it has sickened and killed consumers. Transnational corporations will try to transfer liability to the farmer so they do not lose their reputations or have to pay for lawsuits. There was even a conference scheduled in 2009 addressing how to pass the blame to farmers.

Conference to address food-borne illness litigation (Members only)
www.meatingplace.com...
“The conference will cover topics such as aligning damage assessments/expectations with the outcomes from recent resolved litigation; managing an outbreak effectively to minimize shareholder and reputational risk afterwards as quickly as possible; and how to measure and prove actual control of various players in the movement of contaminated food to accurately assess apportionment of liability....

Risk Assessment

“There is a small chance that mad cow disease.. (BSE), is already in this country, according to a risk assessment released today by Harvard University. The risk assessment concluded that even if BSE had entered this country, it wouldn’t become a major public health problem, although human illnesses could occur”.Harvard Risk Assessment 12/3/2001

This is the “scientific basis” behind the USDA ban on 100% BSE testing at Creekstone Farms and mandating “less than 1 percent [40000 per year] of slaughtered cattle to be tested for BSE. The agency contends that more comprehensive testing "doesn't guarantee food safety and may produce a false positive that alarms consumers.” Of course if you do not test you will not find the disease. So the US government is shutting down disease testing labs.

From International Organization OIE (Office International des Épizooties) we have:

“It is urgent that scientists come forward with alternative methods of disease control that will not only avoid wastage of valuable animal proteins but that will also promote the international trade of animals and animal products by removing technically unjustified trade barriers caused by animal diseases”, www.oie.int...

“Furthermore, it can help to eliminate unjustified trade barriers, since a sound traceability system provides trading partners with assurances on the safety of the products they import. Traceability techniques can provide additional guarantees as to the origin, type or organoleptic quality of food products.” www.oie.int...

Yet it is obvious that traceability does nothing to prevent disease, it only allows blame to be placed after the fact.

The World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) changed how disease and food safety is handled around the world. The USDA decided to change focus from disease eradication to disease “prevention” by changing from a zero tolerance import policy to a “scientifically-based and transparent risk assessment,” and opening US borders to trade in “low risk commodities”. This is why the USA has suddenly been flooded by tainted imports. They are obviously considered “low risk” We have also reintroduced Bovine Tuberculosis from Mexico to California, Texas and Oklahoma among other states. (this TB infects humans too) www.animalagriculture.org...

According to the World Trade Organization:

"Measures to trace animals...to provide assurances on...safety ...have been incorporated into international standards... The Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures...Aims to ensure THAT GOVERNMENTS DO NOT USE QUARANTINE AND FOOD SAFETY REQUIREMENTS as UNJUSTIFIED TRADE BARRIERS... It provides Member countries with a right to implement traceability as an SPS measure."

In simple terms The WTO “free trade agreement” allows cheap imports to cross borders without quarantine or other food safety testing. Only Traceability and the SPS measure such as HACCP or ISO/OIE/FAO “Guide to Good Agricultural Practices” are allowed. The “new food safety policy” is about opening borders to trade and wiping out farmers by drowning them in paperwork from the new regulations, hitting them with fines for incorrect paperwork and finally allowing the lawsuits against food processors to be passed to farmers.

With the passage of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, the USA is the last big western country to fall to the Ag Cartel. Canada, Australia and the European Union all have passed some version of this law.

edit on 3-3-2011 by crimvelvet because: mark-up

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hi didn't get to read all of it but will post my opinion in some of the stuff talked about; the internet is no doubt a great place to be and get information and so on, but also one should be careful thinking that it is that easy to get away without being noticed, i believe "they" are watching us more precisely listening which is even better than "they" could have dreamed of..."they" not only rule and do as they like also know what the majority thinks and what they are up to. If they were not in control would they let us be freely? no way. we have a great example how if they wish to to stop people getting information that really hurts them, also because of the amount of information the net has it creates confusion which they seem to be happy about it, going back to what i was saying the example of this is: wikileaks page they stopped it, i ask my self all porn and other bad stuff on the internet don't bother them and this wikileaks site they manage to stop it, it shows what they let loose, get the point? by "listening" the www they surely make a up of the world about thinking and believes, just like the cold war, but this way all made easier for them, they do not need to guess but count what they see. get the point. Isn't the beginning of wars suppose to be secret, can a war start on the internet and not be notice, it would make it easier to be pin pointed whereabouts things occur, the idea they are passing to the world is that we have some kind of power with the internet, the recent events in the middle east gives that idea, but it is what they want us to think, right? oh yes in my opinion. Any resistance that ever existed in wars were worked underground, not in the eyes of the world, so the internet cannot be such place, it is more a matrix than anything else, even thou i must say we can take advantage of it but do not think people are in control forget that, maybe i am wrong.

what is really happening in the middle east in my opinion is one thing only, the need to introduce or step up democracy, before you ask i must say that democracy is the best system so far used for politics but it has a dark side and hides danger. The dark side is that it works in the limits of tolerance of the general human beings meaning that its mechanics are so cleverly pin pointed to the "second, minutes" to induce a state of passivity and therefore a passive resistance, it makes us numb, i will give you this idea: it is like a mosquito bite or sting, it numbs you and after it sucks your blood and you do not notice it, also it may kill you. As for the real danger of democracy is what comes next, Capitalism, it is like the stuff you may get when the mosquito bites; all different fatal diseases, yes that is the final blow. I believe that the world as not seen it yet but it is coming, the day capitalism will embrace the whole world. when that happens and only then humanity will open their eyes but a little too late. what will happen after that?i guess a true resistance will go underground...not on internet, but "under" internet, unless i am wrong and there will be a spontaneous "revolution" world wide and that can happen just like that in bright day light, who knows.? The mosquito(democracy) gets away with it, for how long? One thing i must add to what i have said about the internet, is this, they may be listening to us but one thing they will learn and i believe they were not expecting that...that the world today and its people are not as dumb ( or numb) as they thought we were, people know much more today and are fed up, if there was a great leader to lead them i think they would follow but that is just a supposition. one more thing, the reason things i believe are going faster and faster in the world it is because not of that we are evolving fast or progressing quickly but because the numbness of the bite is fasting going away, meaning that the will of the human beings world wide is at the point of breaking up, it will snap and we will wake up, the final point i will make now is this, before that happens they will do great things so to gain control of the whole world, get the point. they will achieve this and more before they will encounter true resistance, i think so far so good for them that rule the world, everything is going accordingly to plan. People are fed up of being slaves but where is the way out?

In the middle east democracy is a way out of dictatorships, and specially for women but it is a trap after all, i must say that in democracy if you are smart you can have the best of times also with capitalism i am talking in the sense of our species. the same way one being clever can gave a good life in any regime, get the point.

Conclusion: do not rejoice because they are very much in control and on the internet also of course. Lets not make them stupid, we must think we are stupid so we become wiser and get the real picture. hope it made sense to you and hope it is nonsense what i have just said.

i believe in a world that each person will be responsable and have no need to either lead or be led by anyone. No forces, no powers but the ones that come from nature only. take care

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Back to the point of the thread, yet again....The main honcho at the company who made this app has been canned. That is what usually happens when you waste company money on a worthless project.

I would be interested to know how you reached the conclusion that the outgoing head of HB Gary wasted money on a worthless project?

Do you have their books and research and development costs by chance?

My understanding is that Anonymous hacked into HB Gary's computers and accessed close to a 100,000 sensitive E-mails relating to it's business.

That it was the embarassment caused by disclosures of company policies and things that the company is working on and how they marketed them, that was bad for HB Gary as a business.

Very much like Watergate when you get caught red handed at certain things and you are an embarassment it's time for you to go, in hopes that yes people like yourself will draw hasty conclusions.

In fact if many of us are right in regards to the use of this software and how it can be used, it will not only be a big money maker for HB Gary but keep the firm relevant to the Defense Department regardless of who is at the helm.

I won't speculate on your individual motivation for proferring such an ill-concieved and unsubtantiated conclusion or the emotional envelope you are trying to deliver it in, but I highly doubt anyone following the HB Gary controversy from an informed position (those who have actually seen the 80,000 some odd sensitive emails obtained by anonymous) would agree with you.

By the way what Anonymous is doing is yet another aspect of the Guerilla Information War, so it would seem to me for some reason you are really missing the true power and potential of the Internet.

The only thing I believe this program could be directly responsible for is the Justin Beiber craze. Really.

If the man put together a team to build it once, he can do it again, also just because his justifications for making the program were leaked, does not mean it amounts to a hill of beans in the real world. Snakeoil was said to do wonderful things also.
Why go through the bother of this, we know there are plenty of armchair revolutionaries out there itching to really organize protests, you are stealing their thunder by saying cyber zombies matter more than they do.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If the bots were so clever, they wouldn't be so easy to spot.

The technology exists, why wouldn't it be used.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The only thing I believe this program could be directly responsible for is the Justin Beiber craze. Really.

If the man put together a team to build it once, he can do it again, also just because his justifications for making the program were leaked, does not mean it amounts to a hill of beans in the real world. Snakeoil was said to do wonderful things also.
Why go through the bother of this, we know there are plenty of armchair revolutionaries out there itching to really organize protests, you are stealing their thunder by saying cyber zombies matter more than they do.

Why are you missing the reality of this. A program has been developed that allows one person to appear as ten, to allow 10 people appear as 100 or 100 as 1000. This gives leverage to anyone who owns the program. The can influence people on a scale nevr before seen. You see before now you would have to employ individuals and this has a serious flaw because 10 citizens are hard for one person to keep up with on multiple accounts. But with one person doing the work you can easily damage a discussion or even lead it.

The program is a direct assault on free speech. The whole purpose of free speech is that each person has one voice, that is even the essence of a respresentative democracy, but when one person has 10 voices, and multiple people within a team controling such technology answer to one person then essentially one person can control 100,000 voices and that utterly undermines democracy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Washington Post has an article today.....

The U.S. Central Command says its new “Persona” social media "infiltration" software is designed to cozy up to extremist bloggers overseas, not law-abiding Americans chatting on Facebook or similar sites.

Earlier this month, the Web buzzed with a report that the software was designed to “manage ‘fake people’ on social media sites and create the illusion of consensus on controversial issues,” implying that the Defense Department was targeting critics of the war in Afghanistan and other conflicts.

Further compounding a sinister view of the software was the discovery of e-mails from the head of a company implicated in “dirty tricks” against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and a pro-labor organization, which discussed how such technology could be used......

Former CIA director and retired Air Force Gen. Michael V. Hayden called the technology cutting-edge but “developmental.”

“Operationally developmental, technologically developmental and legally developmental,” he told Washington Times reporter Shawn Waterman.

But in testimony last June, then-Centcom commander Gen. David Petraeus suggested the use of such technology was well underway.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

shannen-rossmiller.com...

the articles have some interesting details!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I would say this: Lack of Love, envy, the will to be seen and be known, the will to impose force so to be loved, there is no love whatsoever in any person that imposes himself on another, no matter where they can be found, such person or persons are ill. They want recognition, they wish to control even the future for their own interest. They feed on the weak, poor, lonely no wonder their biggest goal is to weaken the families and its values to the point of breaking them up. If we think deeply we can observe the whole world is run by very ill, , manipulative, selfish, unwise people and seeing they are wrong they also wish to take with them the rest of the world whom are innocent. People that do not like to lose, even if they are wrong. /this life was given to you and me and every being in the world, so one should be free to choose how to lead his or her life has they please but because of the wickedness of some greedy people for power, or recognition they wish to impose their will upon us, as they do, taking our freedom away from ourselves and making us work to their pleasures, one day it must stop the enslavement of the world.

p.s. they do not rule in the sense of bringing order because they bring disorder, all because their priorities are wrong. Business and glory comes first and helping the weak and poor in last, when it should be the other way around. They prey on the weaker and good hearted people, so they can have a higher place and be seen.
edit on 3-3-2011 by El nuno because: add some stuff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

A forum on the web is not democracy.
A petition of real signatures is.
A vote by real people who are representatives is.
A vote by real people who choose representatives is.

Go in front of Congress and say "but there are 10,000 people at my internet forum who say this" and get laughed out of town.

If you choose to be gullible and believe an internet forum to sway your vote, well then you are no different than the guy who relies on a TV commercial. Last time I checked, TV commercials are everywhere.

This brings us to this: Well...TV commercials are regulated, you cannot incite violence on them.
Which leads to this.... The Internet needs regulation.

So there you go, if you believe this program is going to influence Democracy, then you are also for Internet regulation.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The real myth, the bigger myth, is that old world bankers have that much control.

The U.S. revolution was certainly not what the power brokers in Europe wanted, and they never owned or controlled the U.S. colonies except through the British monarchy, and when the revolution broke the control of the British monarchy they lost control of the states.

And European bankers certainly never had the power to bring down the U.S. government, even though they certainly did try, the Civil War being a prime example of that.

The U.S. became the worlds only super power fighting wars across the globe because we created tremendous wealth, and those who managed to position themselves in control of this wealth desire a world wide empire.

This is human nature, and it is as simple as that.

The real tale of the story is that as time moves on and civilization advance, humanity continue to enjoy more and more freedom, and this is against the wishes of the various PTB.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Ah, but you can use an internet forum to gather 10,000 signatures, and if you go in front of congress with those 10,000 signatures you will get noticed. You would be surprised how effective a well coordinated letter writing campaign can be.

Either you have been programmed to believe that you have no power, or your goal is to convince as many people as possible that they have no power.

Your logic in claiming that believing that the internet can influence democracy means that you support internet censorship is extremely flawed at best.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Ah, but you can use an internet forum to gather 10,000 signatures, and if you go in front of congress with those 10,000 signatures you will get noticed. You would be surprised how effective a well coordinated letter writing campaign can be.

Either you have been programmed to believe that you have no power, or your goal is to convince as many people as possible that they have no power.

Your logic in claiming that believing that the internet can influence democracy means that you support internet censorship is extremely flawed at best.

People that do not exist do not have signatures. If you provide false signatures you will be the one facing prison.
You were the one who said this program will effect Democracy.
I just pointed out that if you really believe that, then you are making a case for internet regulation.

Edit, sorry for the refrence to you in "You were the one who said this program will effect Democracy"
Err... I see it wasn't you but the previous poster I replied to that said that, but the point remains the same.
edit on 3-3-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You know, some people just will not entertain the idea that they have been and are being had. They like to remain in their well crafted world that they prop up around themselves and hide from the reality of it all. All is well, everything is as it seems.

This is a chart that the Air Force uses to show how public opinion is influenced by social media.

"Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms."

Link to image.

When one is forced to face the reality of their situation it can be devastating. Which is why this site really isn't for everyone. It's become a real game changer in my opinion.

“In this battlefield, popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks.” - David Kilcullen, Fundamentals of Company-Level Counterinsurgency

What was that you were saying about this being a battle ground? I believe you hit the nail on the head my friend. It's quite obvious that others have come to that very same conclusion long ago.

AIR FORCE PUBLIC AFFAIRS AGENCY EMERGING TECHNOLOGY DIVISION

This guide provides Air Force Public Affairs professionals with basic social media knowledge needed to maneuver in the online information space and the basic-level tactics explained here should be used to compliment the traditional forms of Public Affairs, to include internal communication, community relations and media relations.

publicintelligence.net...

At the above site you can download a pdf that covers everything that they are willing to share publicly. As if all of the things we are learning about isn't enough, we have more and more.

FOIA: Social Networking Monitoring

EFF, working with the Samuelson Law, Technology, and Public Policy Clinic at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Samuelson Clinic), filed suit on December 1, 2009 against a half-dozen government agencies for refusing to disclose their policies for using social networking sites for investigations, data-collection, and surveillance.

www.eff.org...

Now how far do you think they'll actually get in this current endeavor to make intelligence agencies disclose their policies?

Social Networking Sites and Their Importance to FDN

"Narcissistic tendencies in many people fuels a need to have a large group of 'friends' link to their pages and many of these people accept cyber-friends that they don't even know. This provides an excellent vantage point for FDNS to observe the daily life of beneficiaries and petitioners who are suspected of fraudulent activities. Generally, people on these sites speak honestly in their network because all of their friends and family are interacting with them via lM's (Instant Messages), Blogs (Weblog journals), etc. This social networking gives FDNS an opportunity to reveal fraud by browsing these sites to see if petitioners and beneficiaries are in a valid relationship or are attempting to deceive [United States Citizen and Immigration Services] about their relationship. Once a user posts online, they create a public record and timeline of their activities. In essence, using MySpace and other like sites is akin to doing an unannounced cyber "site-visit" on a [sic] petitioners and beneficiaries."

www.eff.org...

The above link will take you to a Customs and Immigration PDF that outlines a list of social networking sites and how to gather lots of friends in a social network so that their personal information is available.

Introducing: The Dark Web Forum Portal

It is our belief that we (US and allies) are facing the dire danger of losing the "The War on Terror" in cyberspace (especially when many young people are being recruited, incited, infected, and radicalized on the web) and we would like to help in our small (computational) way.

As part of its Dark Web project, the Artificial Intelligence Lab has for several years collected international jihadist forums. These online discussion sites are dedicated to topics relating primarily to Islamic ideology and theology. The Lab now provides search access to these forums through its Dark Web Forum Portal, and in its beta form, the portal provides access to 28 forums, which together comprise nearly 13,000,000 messages. The Portal also provides statistical analysis, download, translation and social network visualization functions for each selected forum. Link to the Dark Web Forum Portal here. See also the project page for our NSF-funded project "CRI:CRD - Developing a Dark Web Collection and Infrastructure for Computational and Social Sciences"

ai.arizona.edu...

These are but a few avenues that are being approached for our good. All paid of course by us as well. Let me end this here because I can go on and on with facts and links about it.

EFF warns Big Brother wants to be your friend

Most all government agencies spy on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube and so many other online social media sites. If government intelligence agents are not yet one of your social networking friends, they would like to be. But be careful what you post, cause law enforcement is watching, listening, recording, linking, mapping and social engineering. You can be careful, but if a friend of friend comments unwisely, you too might end up with a "borrowed" government issued GPS tracking device spying on you.

Link.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's not that hard to fathom out, once you realise own entire economy is based on oil.
Everything you buy from food to Plastic Hub caps to pencils requires Oil.

Without Oil, the entire world would stop. Which leads to the Carbon Tax nonesense.
Pay more Money to stop using the thing that the world can't live without.

It really is a simple formulae, People must Die so Americans can drive their V8 Tanks to the local shop and buy Cigarettes. And to ensure enough People die, these same Governments supplied all these Dictators with every type of Weapons available. And they also made a Quick Buck on the side.

That old excuse comes in, Well if we didn't suppliy those Weapons, those Frack'n Commies would.

It comes down to, do you want Dictators or Continue to drive V8's, because you can't have both. People might be dumping their V8's now, but just like the 80's as soon as the Crisis is over it's back to driving V8's again.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join