It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Environment determines what life is much more than genes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For everyone interested in the mystery of evolution, I highly recommend Bruce Lipton work and evidence that NOT genes are responsible for what we are, but environment. The basic observation is that that cells with same genes will produce different tissue in different environments.
Also - genes are NOT the central office (like a brain in human body) of the cell. You can take all genes out, and cell will still be functioning as before.

Enjoy.

Bruce Lipton - Nature, Nurture and the Power of Love (The Biology of conscious Parenting)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yeah this guy is awesome. As 'civilized' people we are educated on the eco-system as if we are outside of it.

Environment defines all of the filters that we see the world through.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Thanks dude, I hope more people who are looking into ancient mysteries, evolution and transitional species will take this into their equation.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I somewhat agree with this. We are becoming our environment.

A great example is how people look and act in todays high tech society. We sit around on computers all day, eat junk food, watch mindless television and never go outside. We are turning into fat cancer laiden brainless and impatient sloths. We are unhealthy and sick and dependent on doctors.

Our lives reflect our environment.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by FIFIGI

A great example is how people look and act in todays high tech society. We sit around on computers all day, eat junk food, watch mindless television and never go outside. We are turning into fat cancer laiden brainless and impatient sloths. We are unhealthy and sick and dependent on doctors.

Yes, some people call us slugs.
However, I support technology, because it is so extensional to human beings. I think that we underestimate the power of intention and project too much blame on "system" and "technology"

edit on 27-2-2011 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

This isn't anything new. Its obvious that we evolve to adapt to our environment around us just like every living thing has done.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

May be it is not anything new, but there is still dogmatic idea everywhere that there are "bad" genes and genes are responsible for this or that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by FIFIGI

Yes, some people call us slugs.
However, I support technology, because it is so extensional to human beings. I think that we underestimate the power of intention and project too much blame on "system" and "technology"

edit on 27-2-2011 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

good point...what sets us apart from animals is our massive brains. we can use our environment to make tools to do a job for us, whereas animals have to be born with the tools on them.

new topics

top topics

join