It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Ladies' Night" gender discrimination?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My female friends say it's not a ladies' night without me.
But I also see how a male face ruins the whole experience for women.
It is actually a big conundrum for me.
I guess if this becomes a social habit then I might as well stay at home permanently.
It's just one more door shut in my face - I'm used to it already.
edit on 27-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Tonight was at a friend's birthday diinner, and with some chit chat over dinner I was shocked to hear that swingers' clubs allow single ladies, but not single men (only couples).
Apparently this is because many ladies can swing both ways, whereas single men are regarded as perverts!
OH MY HAT!
Now that is discrimination.

edit on 28-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Tonight was at a friend's birthday diinner, and with some chit chat over dinner I was shocked to hear that swingers' clubs allow single ladies, but not single men (only couples).
Apparently this is because many ladies can swing both ways, whereas single men are regarded as perverts!
OH MY HAT!
Now that is discrimination.

edit on 28-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

That isn't the real reason. The real reason is that older guy's want more action and don't want it turning into a sausage fest. That's why I just consider all parties involved in those kinds of things as perverted freaks.

As per the OP, I don't drink much, but I don't go to clubs/bar's that have or had ladies night at all. There was this one pub near by my home that was thinking about a ladies night to get more female customers. Well the guy customers said "you do that and we will leave". Small bar so they really didn't want to alienate their main customers and the whole ladies night was canned.

And the funny thing is with these ladies night's, all they are doing is reeling in pathetic, creep type guy's and chauvinistic players. Which leads one to question the type of women who go to ladies nights in the first place. I guess in the end trash attracts trash. But all things aside, you only go to a bar/club to have fun with friends. If you want to hook-up try a dating site or some kind of normal avenue rather than a drunken idiot fest.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Is the bar/establishment traditionally for lesbians? There are a few establishments in BC where no man is allowed regardless if he is apart of the gay community or not.

It still sucks that it happened.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

No, any gay or lesbian clubs are very far.
Ladies' or gent's nights are heterosexual events at normal bars, which usually include cheaper drinks and a strip show for the opposite sex.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Then that was discrimination. I can't think of any heterosexual ladies night that wouldn't want men there.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Strippers??!! I knew about the half price drinks but not about the strip shows.
I have got to get out more.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Strange...typically, "Ladies Night" means no cover charge and/or free drinks, etc. for ladies...not ONLY admitting ladies, though I suppose it depends on the type of business.

I can see where a male strip joint may have a ladies night that just admits ladies...some may feel self conscious about letting loose with other male patrons inside. Other than that though, I can't think of a valid exception...(other than all female businesses, like some gyms, etc.)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join