It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Abortion is safer than having a baby" says UK's Royal College

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
"ABORTION IS SAFER THAN HAVING A BABY".

hmmmmmm......... I wonder what the baby's thoughts on that would be. I am pretty sure he/she would disagree.

The Person who said that ABORTION IS SAFER THAN HAVING A BABY is not a human being

I wonder where the guys from UK's Royal College come from?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I say that not having sex is safer than an abortion or having a baby.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

After giving birth women can go through postpartum depression which can be serious. There are documented cases where women have killed themselves and/or their infants going through it. The severity of the depression and frequency of suicide almost triples after adoption.

edit on 28-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
and yet, many women go through pregnancy and child birth will no long lasting bad side effects.
others do not, or would not.
we have a good healthcare system that often can tell if the pregnancy will cause problems or not early on.
too bad the conservatives seems not be able to accept the medical professonals words when they say it's a danger.

the women's health and well being has to be considered, otherwise women become rightless persons, who's life isn't valued!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I ended up in the foster care system temporarily because of my mom's postpartum depression. That's one of the better scenarios because after treatment I got to go home.

In 2000 a medical doctor was suffering with PPD and she jumped in front of a subway train with her baby. She survived but her baby didn't.

By all means, she should have known better what it was she was going through.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

This isn't news. You can learn this in any 5th grade health class.

Everyone can't just pop those things out as much as we would like to imagine it is as natural as taking a pee. It is life threatening. Giving birth is life threatening, and threatens at least 2 lives.... every single time.

That's how i see this too.

It's the same as saying having a tooth extracted is safer than having open heart surgery.

It's basically making women fully aware of the risks of pregnancy...granted, that should already be known and appreciated by all concerned before the pregnancy occurs, but we are living in the 'nanny state' and our generations are becoming 'more mentally challenged' as the years roll by, so perhaps they feel they are required to fully inform the mother of possible complications and make them aware of alternatives.

edit on 28/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Your Link is Broken

Here's another one

That means no one who has answered in this thread has read the link. And are, instead, arguing with your biased interpretation of the material. So much for intelligent debate on the subject. Just a bunch of emotional opinions and ranting about women's choices. :shk: As if you have a say.

Something is terribly wrong here.

People who don't want this information to be given to pregnant women are advocating ignorance. They are advocating that we don't tell women all the facts, with which they can then make an informed decision. They are advocating keeping information from women in order to manipulate them into behaving in a certain way.

The fact is, if anyone had done ANY research, they would have found that these statistics are quite questionable, depending on the source. You can find sources that make the claim that abortion is four times more dangerous than childbirth! The claim in the OP may even be proven to be entirely wrong! Abortion may actually be more dangerous than childbirth! But did anyone do any research to find this data? NO! Because you're all too interested in this stupid bickering that goes on for page after page after page! It's what's wrong with ATS today:

VERY few care about finding the truth, they just care about pushing their agenda. You're no better than the stupid politicians who argue over this crap day after day after day!

Bottom line: It doesn't matter whether abortion or childbirth is more dangerous, it's STILL the woman's choice and not yours.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The Person who said that ABORTION IS SAFER THAN HAVING A BABY is not a human being

If you are making allegations like that you should have some proof, other wise you are talking rubbish

So, Proof?

Thought not

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

After giving birth women can go through postpartum depression which can be serious. There are documented cases where women have killed themselves and/or their infants going through it. The severity of the depression and frequency of suicide almost triples after adoption.

Well, it is kind of strange that you should bring all of that up.
I noticed that you left out the risk involved in having an abortion and the physiological affect aborting the baby has on the mother (for years).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

All because they do not have a voice while in the womb does not mean they won't always have one. Given the choice later in life I am sure they would choose to have their voices heard and to live. It's not all about what is in the womb, it's about what it will become.

If it becomes a young woman who was raped and does not want to start a family you say she loses that VOICE and that choice over what goes on and is happening to her body? When does this voice you say the fetus WILL eventually have kick in? When DOES it get to determine it's own destiny?
Are you going to tell her after the attack and subsequent conception ISN"T about "what is in her womb?"
The young girl will not see it that way.
Hers is the first life you should care enough to save.

Learn to love, care for and value the lives you ALREADY HAVE
before you ask to be blessed with MORE.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

So your saying that everyone who has an abortion has been raped? Thought not.
That argument is worn out. You are classifying them all as rape victims. I never said there should be no abortions for any reason.
But abortion should not be an option for those that make complicated "grown up decision" in the beginning and end up taking the childish way out. Just MHO.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

There is a 15.9% increase in depression and suicide after abortion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
******BREAKING NEWS*****

Death is safer than life.

I guess we should all kill ourselves

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your Link is Broken

Here's another one

That means no one who has answered in this thread has read the link. And are, instead, arguing with your biased interpretation of the material. So much for intelligent debate on the subject. Just a bunch of emotional opinions and ranting about women's choices. As if you have a say.

Or people have fixed the link themselves...just like you did.

Possibility?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Or people have fixed the link themselves...just like you did.

I did not. The original link is the telegraph and mine is a totally different source. I googled. My point is that people don't care about finding the truth, they care about pushing their agenda. Right or wrong, informed or ignorant, the most important thing for most people I see here is to push their opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for chiming in BH! Good to see you and thanks for adding a link, I don't know why the Telegraph link was 404'd.

Why dont I start by saying that I was very clear in my OP stating:

Let me express that I am not completely black and white on the issue, and I realize as a man that I cannot ponder such a situation as I have never had to deal with this issue personally. I think this article hits a bit deeper than just the normal abortion debate. It's more of a society-as-a-whole, and right and wrong issue.

With that in mind I hope it is clear that I understand this issue is not a cut/dry as others may see it. I believe in the right to freedom, which will include the freedom to abort a child if a mother (and hopefully the father) decide to do so, whether I agree or not. That's freedom.

The article linked in the OP clearly stated that the RC would "advise" doctors and other medical pros to tell women who were contemplating an abortion that an "abortion is safer than having a baby". At no point did it say these women would have to be in any danger of complications, just in the market for an abortion.

I find it irresponsable and contradictory that doctors would "push" or advocate an abortion for women who may be on the fence, by saying ""abortion is safer than having a baby". To me that is like a used car salesmen that says if you buy this car, I will throw in free oil changes! It is the final push to sell someone on the idea. Using the possability of future complications, in women who have not been diagnosed with any pregnancy issues, IMO is a fear tactic.

For medical proffesionals, and the RC, it is clearly irresponsable for them to advocate such a program. In fact, RC retracted their position after they realized how bad it was, and are now in the process of "rephrasing". I may have stated my personal opinion, but the RC are trying to implement their "opinion" into action.

In closing, let me say that I believe I was very open to the situation, not being as black/white as most are on the issue, and admitted that I could not fathom such a situation, therefore I am not one to tell a woman whether or not she should have an abortion. But I am allowed to have an opinion. If an abortion occurs due to complications, I understand and hold nothing against those involved. If an abortion occurs because they were not ready to raise a child, then that is murder. Plain and simple.

It is also important to realize that both mothers and fathers should have a say in this process. It's not just about the mother. When a woman can get pregnant by themselves, I will concede that they can make the decision to abort alone. The father is just as important and if you don't see that, then it says a lot.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nicely put sheepslayer. I totaly agree

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Isn't that why we have the death penalty.....
second line...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join