It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Israel Targets Iran Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nice one Koka. Well; personally, I have the impression you are all barking up the wrong tree. Perhaps, this could in fact be none other than Bush's October re-election surprise. Forget about reactor types for a moment, and all the if's - and just imagine for a second what a strike by our good old U.S proxy, upon Iran would do for the Bush ratings.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback
So they're justified in obtaining nuclear weapons..........

Actually what I said was:

I certainly wouldn't blame the Iranians for wanting to produce nuclear weapons in this new age of pre-emptive strikes, if there were ever justification for having such a deterrant Iran has it.

The US justifies it's massive arsenal by fielding horror stories and tainted views on cultures it cares very little for.

IMO, Nuclear reactors, as an alternative to fossil fuels, is not a step in the right direction, but if we are take our "greatest nation", not my words, as a nation leading by example, we can all just ignore any agreements we have previously made about emission levels. It's only fair that we all get to destroy the planet equally.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Actually what I said was:

I certainly wouldn't blame the Iranians for wanting to produce nuclear weapons in this new age of pre-emptive strikes, if there were ever justification for having such a deterrant Iran has it.

I know what you said. And if any government in the world deserves to be overthrown immediately, it is Iran. Like I said:

So they're justified in obtaining nuclear weapons to maintain their government which

A. kills dissenters who seek to end the theocratic stranglehold the ayatollahs and mullahs possess over a vulnerable population

B. basically runs Hezbollah as its foreign military arm - the same group which has murdered mass numbers of Lebanese and Israelis, as well as 240 US Marines on peacekeeping duty, numerous airline hijackings, kidnappings of Westerners, and still continues attacks on Lebanese Christians and Israelis today

C. was the orchestrator of the 1994 terrorist bombing of a Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina Which killed about 90 people and injured about 200 more

D. openly supports suicide bombing attacks by Palestinians against the civilian population of Israel

E and most definitely raided the American Embassy in Tehran and kidnapped and held American hostages between 1979 and Inauguration day, 1981?

The US justifies it's massive arsenal by fielding horror stories and tainted views on cultures it cares very little for.

More like the fact that the genie is out of the bottle and can't be put back in.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So, this time, when the US go charging in, it will be to liberate the masses from the oppressive regime. As opposed to a pre-emptive strike and the threat of WMDs or revenge or Oil, well thats reassured me.

Lets hope the governement can prove their reasoning this time.

I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How do we know Iran is trying to produce nukes and not just electricity?

here is how we know.

1) They are perusing to build a heavy water rector which generally produces the same electricity as an regular reactor but heavy water reactors are ten times more dangerous to operate and build and they are good for enriching uranium and they cost more so why would Iran invest in this reactor.

2) Next we have satellite pics which show that new plants are being build at a rapid pace why cuz they want to get the uranium before Israel hits them.

3) Not allowing nuclear inspectors to examine all facilities and turning them down. Also one of the nuclear inspectors went to an Iranian plant and they were turned back when they went back later demanding to go in the facility wasn't there any more and Iran was saying there never was a facility there in the first place even though we have satellite pics of it .

Now do i need to post more or do you have enough?

Have a nice day people

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Westpoint,

Just out of curiosity, if you have more- I'll take it!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
mbkennel

Thanks for the primer. Iran's motives seem to be clear - to build a bomb. They must be 'discouraged' from proceeding, IMO. The global community needs to get involved. Immediately. Or else, I would give the thumbs up to having Israel level the reactor. This is reinforced by the recent revelation of Iran providing some of the 9/11 terrorists passage through their country.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
hmmm... remember the only country to have thrown nukes in earnest at someone else, has, so far been the almighty u.s of a. let alone speak of the number of times uncle sam's had his finger poised on the firing button. and you now speak about levelling selected targets in iran, merely as they may be persuing the capability of self defense within a rather dodjy neighbourhood.

the u.s.a. completely disarmed iraq prior to pounding it with whatever state of the art technology it had up its sleeve; so having no defence capability does seem a rather weak position to be in - especially when you are sitting atop a seemingly limitless sea of oil. perhaps if the iranians had a few nuclear warheads, there would be a bit more respect given where it is due.

why not let the iranians develop nukes.

the world would be a better place.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

perhaps if the iranians had a few nuclear warheads, there would be a bit more respect given where it is due.

And this board has been compromised by Iranian (un)intelligence agents.

Iran, quite possibly the largest state sponsor of terrorism, with nuclear weapons does not make the world any safer, it just makes Iran safer to continue its attacks against the West. Before 9/11, Iran's Hezbollah was the terrorist group responsible for the most American deaths.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Iran, quite possibly the largest state sponsor of terrorism, with nuclear weapons does not make the world any safer, it just makes Iran safer to continue its attacks against the West. Before 9/11, Iran's Hezbollah was the terrorist group responsible for the most American deaths.

All of that is true, but the only nuclear power in the region (isreal) , if it were not an "ally" would also meet the definition of state sponsored terrorism. Why not have Isreal come clean with its nuclear program as well. How can you expect the Iranians to take any of it seriously when Israel flauts its "secret" at other countries in the region. I agree that a nuclear armed nation in the ME is bad, but that should apply to Isreal as well. What if the tables were reversed. Say the Saudi's used thier F-15 etc. and took out Israel nuclear complex at Dimona (because of a threat to thier national security), would you term it as Okay? Would they be justified in thier actions? Or would the good old double standard apply here as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The Israeli nuclear situation is shady. Look how they treated Vanunu. I wonder where the nuclear material was acquired and how they processed it without a huge stink.

The difference between Israel and the moslem countries is the moslems track record of trying to destroy the jewish state.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The Israeli nuclear situation is shady. Look how they treated Vanunu. I wonder where the nuclear material was acquired and how they processed it without a huge stink. The difference between Israel and the moslem countries is the moslems track record of trying to destroy the jewish state.

Can't argue with that. Ill put my money on them getting thier inital nuclear material already enriched from the US. The process is easy to do IF you can get the equipment. They also had a cozy relationship with the South African government as well....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Can't argue with that. Ill put my money on them getting thier inital nuclear material already enriched from the US. The process is easy to do IF you can get the equipment. They also had a cozy relationship with the South African government as well....

South Africa was another country that had the bomb, according to most analysts. And its weapons program wassupposedly intimately connected with that of the Israelis.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Israel won't attack Iran, the reason is.................................................................................................................................................... .........................................................................................BUSH will attack Iran IF he is elected to a 2nd Term.

BUSH is on a role, he attacked Afghanistan and kicked out the Taliban. BUSH then attacked Iraq and kicked out Saddam. Now he will attack IRAN and kick out those yo-yos.

He will wait until like a couple of years into his 2nd TERM (if he is elected again) by then IRAQ should be more peaceful than it is now.

The USA surrounds IRAN, we have forces to the WEST in IRAQ, EAST in Afghanistan, and SOUTH in the Persian Gulf (USA Navy).

I would bet you all my money that BUSH will do this in his 2nd TERM. He is enjoying invading NATIONS, why stop?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusty

No, it wouldn't be a safer place..... Iran would use whatever nukes it makes when they have enough against Israel and others. How would that make the world a better place?......

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
mbkennel

Thanks for the primer. Iran's motives seem to be clear - to build a bomb. They must be 'discouraged' from proceeding, IMO. The global community needs to get involved. Immediately. Or else, I would give the thumbs up to having Israel level the reactor. This is reinforced by the recent revelation of Iran providing some of the 9/11 terrorists passage through their country.

Not long before you put the UK in your sights for allowing them passage through here aswell.

Don't forget to spank yourselves for training them to fly the planes, oh...and having an intelligence system and president that allowed it to happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join