It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent: Another spiral in Sky in Russia, White sea! (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Check this out guys, looks awesome. This happened on 26th February 2011, just yesterday:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is no spiral. None.

This is nothing like the famous "Norway Spiral" event. Nothing.

This is clearly a ICBM test. Clearly.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

nothing unusual...

get use to it...
this is our world...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It was a satellite launch.

Russia launches Glonass-K

The Russian Space Forces have successfully launched a new Glonass-K navigation satellite from the Plesetsk space center, a Defense Ministry spokesman said Saturday.

... under the right atmospheric conditions they can tend to look like a lot of things they aren't.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Can yall not see that's a CGI?? It's blocking the upper portion of the halo around the light!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

The Russian Space Forces have successfully launched a new Glonass-K navigation satellite from the Plesetsk space center, a Defense Ministry spokesman said Saturday.

... under the right atmospheric conditions they can tend to look like a lot of things they aren't.

Yes and for comparison:
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...
Ground sightings of the Meridian 2 launch

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If it is a rocket/missle, I wonder why its heading along a horizontal path, and not a vertical one. I guess someone will be along shortly to tell me that my eyes are playing tricks on me, the atmospherical conditions created an illusion that it was traveling horizontally and was really climbing the whole way. Just like all the others in the recent past, we probably wont ever know what it really was.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Can yall not see that's a CGI?? It's blocking the upper portion of the halo around the light!

LOL! I bet you feel like quite the jackass..

Obviously a failed missile launch as we've seen multiple times before. No CGI..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

You do realise that, to achieve orbit, rockets have to reach very high horizontal speed?

Watch this video: www.youtube.com...

The reason for such show in the sky is because the launch was at 6am, and the engine exhaust is illuminated by the Sun.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Related thread with some different videos. This one just popped up today though.
edit on 4-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And got promptly closed.

@Ear-Responsible - watch the uninterrupted video at www.youtube.com...
You can see the rocket exhaust fanning out and beginning to glow. My explanation is that it's simply because the rocket reached sunlight (the launch was at around 6am).

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

And got promptly closed.

@Ear-Responsible - watch the uninterrupted video at www.youtube.com...
You can see the rocket exhaust fanning out and beginning to glow. My explanation is that it's simply because the rocket reached sunlight (the launch was at around 6am).

Either way, it's not CGI. Thanks for proving my point? Lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

It is a race to post first. Even though the videos were different, this thread was up almost a week ahead of yours, so you should have posted your videos in this thread.

Thanks for bringing them over here now.
And personally, I think your thread title was more accurate.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Ok, thanks for closing the other thread, I did not know these were the same thing.

Do you or anyone else have any idea what the 'right atmospheric' conditions would cause the visual effect of the smoke from the solid rocket booster turning into a huge ploom of light with no more smoke visible?
edit on 4-3-2011 by JizzyMcButter because: crap didnt' work thread needs new title

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This thread is in the Conspiracies forum. My thread was posted in Space Exploration forum, and wasn't claiming a conspiracy. Please don't be so strict with moderating.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

This thread is in the Conspiracies forum. My thread was posted in Space Exploration forum, and wasn't claiming a conspiracy. Please don't be so strict with moderating.

Agreed, also they haven't close a couple of other way more obvious duplicates like the uk national archives disclosure and the failed us sat launch this morning.

And if the admin that closed your thread knew that this was a russian rocket launch, why hasn't this thread been moved over there? Someone must be jumpy after a hot cup of coffee this morning.

edit on 4-3-2011 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

edit: lol, that cost me a Karma point

edit on 4-3-2011 by JizzyMcButter because: observation

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What do you think of these "ufos" around 1:23 mark? I did not notice them in the other vid. Very strange....

Here they are below the smoke at 1:30 to 1:50

Peace,
spec
edit on 11-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join