It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the sun has a friend.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

thanks for the image u uploaded, however thats not the moon, its pretty much showing exactly whats in the video i uploaded.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

can i just point out that i did not challenge you to find a pic similar to the one i uploaded
you sed that the object in my vid was the moon...i challenged you to find me a picture where the moon was next to the sun and the same size not during an eclipse.....

all u have shown is a pic similar to the vid which is face, its either a sundog or phantom shadow or lense flare.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

thankyou for ur input...i agree, theres also a glitch in the video around the 20 second mark near the sun that was pointed out by another member.

star for you

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

hey there you can upload them on ur pics section then embed them in here....

thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
Reflexion of the sun through the clouds
edit on 27-2-2011 by St-Patrick because: typo

That`s what i think it is.
It looks like the sun behind the clouds and the rays are coming through the cloud......if you get my drift.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by davesmart

hey there you can upload them on ur pics section then embed them in here....

thanks

Dave, Here ya go!
ATS Media Guide - upload pics, embed pics, manage albums, avatar & sig, mini-profile backgrounds

Please don't embed them here. It only confuses and derails. Take some time and create a nice thread when you are ready. Welcome to ATS!
edit on 27-2-2011 by keepureye2thesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think I buy this. For a while now I swear I've been seeing this exact thing, I just always think Im just playing tricks on myself from going blind from staring at the sun.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi i have at least 10 pics of something above the sun. It's visible with naked eye even without a window.

i216.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What is clear is that there is no second sun. Go outside and check for yourself.

The question is of course what the video shows.
1. It could very well be a hoax. None of the pointless image processing do much to suggest otherwise.

2. It could be an atmospheric effect. Optical piping leads to false sunrise and sunset events. The objects are not properly positioned for this to be a sun dog or parhelia.

I believe that the video is a hoax. The image of the sun is too strong for optical piping to be the cause. Also, the image is too consistent over the course of the video. During that time it is unreasonable to think that upper atmospheric conditions would be stable. Remember that this requires stability over a tremendous part of the atmosphere as the sun appears to set.

The video shows the second sun at sunset. Ever notice how this seems to be the case for all of these hoaxes? Why isn't the video showing a day time event where people cast 2 shadows? Why doesn't the event show the overhead sun and a companion?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is one of those cases where we find out if people have even a tiny bit of critical thinking skills. If that were Nibiru and a real celestial body, it would have been visible to a huge number of people. You don't even need to bother with anything else to reject it out of hand. It would have been the top news story for weeks, dominating the conversations of everyone.

When a video maker claims something like this, it's a Hoax. It really is that simple.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

2. It could be an atmospheric effect. Optical piping leads to false sunrise and sunset events. The objects are not properly positioned for this to be a sun dog or parhelia.

That is what i am leaning towards but the only explanation is if the refractive , angles ,have changed , shifted too such a degree , that reflection, refraction, convection, etc, would need too be recalibrated,, ie looked at, its basic , high school physics,, anyone, got a D

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parksie
Hi i have at least 10 pics of something above the sun. It's visible with naked eye even without a window.

i216.photobucket.com...

hi, Can you explain what we are seeing in this photo? it looks like the moon has come up as the sun is setting to me...
Also the other 9 photos would be cool

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
s216.photobucket.com...
For the other photos.

I only know that the moon was in the west sky and this was south. The only thing that was supposed to be near the sun in the morning was Mars i checked stellarium . Photo was taken a few weeks ago i cant remember the exact date.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Haven't you guys realized the second sun passes through clouds? Man you guys are blind.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I agree. I've got this old book called "Handbook of Unusual Natural Phenomena: Eyewitness accounts of Nature's Greatest Mysteries," written by William Corliss.

He begins,...

"The laws of optics predict that the atmospheric ice crystals that cause the common halos will also produce bright patches of light to the right and left of the true sun on the halo ring. Sometimes the rest of the halo ring is very faint and these patches stand out vividly..." p.94

I don't see a halo in the picture, and yes i also caught glipse of that glitchy square above the sun. Williams also goes on to say that

"There are , however, many rare and unusual mock-sun reports -- some at unusual angular distances, others notable for their pultiplicity or lack thereof.' p.94

So nothing concrete or proven in what I've found, but still a possibility perhaps.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Also if it were,it would be in the sky every single day and night, not just every once and a while...

If this object can supposedly be seen now by the naked eye, it would be visible all the time, not when it just feels like being seen..

All these supposed Nibiru sightings never seem to repeat themselves on following days so in my opinion, it simply dose not exist..!!
edit on 2/28/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
where did this nubiru stuff come from

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The atmosphere sure can have some pretty strange effects on the sun!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
where did this nubiru stuff come from

Basically, around 30 or so years ago, an author/archaeologist by the name of Zecharia Sitchin claimed to have deciphered the ancient sumerian tablets and proceeded to write a book called "the twelfth planet". It was all about the existence of this supposed planet.

Funny thing is, in one of his last books, he claims it isn't due to arrive for at least another 50 years. Everybody that associates Nibiru with 2012 has never read that book. It is called "The end of Days" and uh....spoiler alert...the world doesn't end in 2012...

Another funny thing is that many others disagree with his findings. Here's one site you can look into.

www.sitchiniswrong.com

I don't believe Nibiru exists. Of all the crazy theories that I've heard about it, the "OMG they're spraying chemtrails in america to hide it" is the funniest...especially since It's (supposedly) making it's approach from the southern hemisphere.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join