It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the sun has a friend.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

no i actually havent seen the pic as i refuse to cut and paste that monstrosity u left.....

link or it didnt happen....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Wow, getting kind of warm in here, with the flames and all. Thanks for posting the information, and allowing us to examine it.

(I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, aye?)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012.

the sun has a friend.....

Please address the topic and NOT each other's character, self, or person.

Thank You

*any continuance of that which transpired in the last two pages and there Will be some post bans issued.

edit on 2/27/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ok so how is it the moon?
2nd

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e226f37ef1bf.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way why is this in 2012?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
seriously???
If this were true millions of people would notice it...not just one dude.
How many telescopes are pointed upwards on a daily basis...how many people have cameras....i dont buy it for one second...i personally think people are just doing this to get revenue from google.
Some of the highest earners on youtube get $500,000 a year through their vids alone...no wonder people are so quick to upload nonsense with "2012" in the title

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Its posted here because the OP challenged me to find a pic similar to the video. I did explain earlier but lots of our comments were removed because we were getting into petty arguments.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Hope cooler heads are prevailing by now.
IMO the video is a fake and the proof is at one minute into the video. There is a left to right screen wipe showing the overlay of the video. The proof is the off set lines of the building the bird is on and the off shoot line which in the prior minutes footage looked to be a dark cloud in place of that line.

As far as it being a reflection, the light doesn't seem to filter in that direction and the dark cloud would block light making the object so it probably shouldn't appear so solid.
As for it being the moon, The link that was referenced "Solar Eclipses for Beginners gives a great graphic chart called "Solar Eclipse Geometry" which shows that when the moon is between the earth and sun, the lite side of the moon is away from the earth. This is why when the moon appears to cover the sun (optical illusion of course) the moon appears to be black and not what you see in the video proposed. This site also gives that explanation:

An eclipse of the Sun (or solar eclipse) can only occur at New Moon when the Moon passes between Earth and Sun. If the Moon's shadow happens to fall upon Earth's surface at that time, we see some portion of the Sun's disk covered or 'eclipsed' by the Moon. Since New Moon occurs every 29 1/2 days, you might think that we should have a solar eclipse about once a month. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen because the Moon's orbit around Earth is tilted 5 degrees to Earth's orbit around the Sun. As a result, the Moon's shadow usually misses Earth as it passes above or below our planet at New Moon. At least twice a year, the geometry lines up just right so that some part of the Moon's shadow falls on Earth's surface and an eclipse of the Sun is seen from that region.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e226f37ef1bf.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way why is this in 2012?

My comment is for the picture:
This to me is a good example of a sun dog and a reflection spot.

As for the topic and forms placement, I have no answer. Heck I sometimes misplace a thread. Thank goodness for mods.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

hi,ive a couple of pics which shows the sun and something smaller just behind under it i,i dont know how to upload them im a noob any help would be appreciated

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join