It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Georgia having weekly emergency alert tests now??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hey guys, I am back from Saint Augustine and in Atlanta right now. Not that that matters but now that I've been back, I've noticed that Georgia, or at least my city, is having weekly emergency alert tests on our TVs. I chose the 2012 forum for this because this board was as close to an "end of the world/SHTF" kind of board. Hope that's okay lol.

Anyways, I am wondering if not just Georgia but all of the United States is on high alert or something. Can anyone confirm this, especially those in Georgia?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

I heard one in Georgia, WSB radio, the other day.

It was not the standard announcement, either. They interrupted the broadcast, did the annoying sound, then cut to a commercial. None of the "If this had been an actual emergency..."

Dunno about weekly, but it sure got my attention, as I had not heard one in forever.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i noticed a weekly in PA a few months ago, i thought it to be odd, then they stopped (or changed the times) and we are still here...so who knows.

it always freaks me out when they pop up..."oh no, is this it?!?!?"

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Oh dang that's scaring me a bit. Would Georgia mountains be safe in a SHTF scenario, do you think?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

LOL yeah I'm with my friend right now and we both saw the emergency test and I was like "What if the world just went boom like, right now during the alert" lmfao that would suck......

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
They've done weekly tests here for as long as I can remember.

Actually, I can't say that for certain because I haven't heard them all, but it always says "This is a standard weekly required test." Or something like that.

Usually in the middle of the night, but I've occasionally seen/heard a few in the daytime as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Last week we had some sort of alert system test here in sydney.
Ive been here a year now and never heard it before, loud flood sirens and announcements echoing down george street.

..strange!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I did notice the alerts here in Southern California again last week....
it only caught my attention because I then realized it'd been quite
awhile since I'd seen them regularly!!
I think I saw 2 on consecutive days with the standard "This is a
scheduled test..." and none since....but could have been because of
this huge storm hitting the area now....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
reply to post by Libertygal

Oh dang that's scaring me a bit. Would Georgia mountains be safe in a SHTF scenario, do you think?

I would head there or Tennessee caves!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkateI've noticed that Georgia, or at least my city, is having weekly emergency alert tests on our TVs. I chose the 2012 forum for this because this board was as close to an "end of the world/SHTF" kind of board. Hope that's okay lol.
Thanks

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is here in Atlanta near Emory University - and they hold almost every deadly strain of bacteria, virus, retro, fungal, and prion in stock there.

So, if that place were to have a very large 9/11 event.....I am not sure that attempting to drive out of Atlanta would be a viable idea. It would be like a snow day, except with everyone dead in their cars rather than stuck in the snow.

8\

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
bout 2 weeks ago i saw on the Lex18 news here in Kentucky... that it was mandatory for them to start doing some tests to test the emergency alert system... they said it was gonna be nationwide... by the sounds its been world wide....

OP I don't know if you ever seen this thread... but i think its just amazing... you might wanna check it out...

Top 10 Survival Downloads You Should Have

I downloaded them... even on my slow limited dial-up connection it didnt take too long... and I even put them on my iphone... what good that would do in a SHTF event... haha... but credit for that thread goes to Russo the OP of mentioned thread...
edit on 27-2-2011 by EvolEric because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

How close do you live to Yellowstone?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Although I appreciate this was not a 'general alert' as such, In London last year the Police had a day's training in earthquake relief.

Like a lot of others I was astounded because I have never heard of earthquakes in the UK especially those that would require the Police to mount a whole day's training in order to deal with said quake.

We are also in times of drastic public cuts so splending money on a training day for earthquakes makes one wonder why.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
relax...if it is a true emergency, you'll never be notified...anybody on 9/11 here about approaching aircraft?...big fail there. it has to be a slow developing disaster, and be approved with a consideration toward all-out panic, that's why it will not happen...well...that's my opinionated 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Although I appreciate this was not a 'general alert' as such, In London last year the Police had a day's training in earthquake relief.

Like a lot of others I was astounded because I have never heard of earthquakes in the UK especially those that would require the Police to mount a whole day's training in order to deal with said quake.

We are also in times of drastic public cuts so splending money on a training day for earthquakes makes one wonder why.

There have been quite a few earthquakes in the UK, felt one myself one night thousands of miles from the epicentre almost 10 years back but none that would require police training because something of that magnitude would be a massive NZ style devastation event. Usually British earthquakes are just general rumblings, things falling from shelves and a slight tremor in the aftershock but nothing to injure anyone.

If the UK has emergency test signals this year I'll pay attention but from what I know, the last time they broadcast it was in the 70s as a regular test.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Saw a new article a week-or-so ago, and it said the Fed Govt was putting together a new national emergency system, and that they would begin testing it. Could that be what you are hearing?

I think it will soon also be including a message read by President Obama ... no joke.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Found an article on it: www.thenewamerican.com... php/usnews/politics/6238-fcc-working-on-presidency-alert-emergency-tests

The EAS is a national alert and warning system established to enable the President of the United States to address the American public during emergencies. Governors and state and local emergency authorities also use it-on a voluntary basis-to issue more localized emergency alerts. Under the FCC’s rules, broadcasters, cable operators, Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service providers, Direct Broadcast Satellite service providers and wireline video service providers are required to receive and transmit Presidential EAS messages to the public.

You might be hearing the President's soothing voice soon, assuring you and your loved ones that all is well. Feel better?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I presume it's for the New Madrid fault line ('preparations' start in May for it) or when Nibiru can be seen in the sky/the comet storms in tow of it impaling Earth. They've gotten so good at these subtle warning that even if they came outright and said what was about to happen, not many would believe it because they don't actually want to. I think it's wrong to an extent yes but alas, what's done is done. Why do you think they just started 'updating' them recently?
Sure, looking at it through basic instincts you think it's just normal. But when looking at it in whole, outside the box persay, it makes sense. Believe/not believe, I'm just putting it out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

or when Nibiru can be seen in the sky/the comet storms in tow of it impaling Earth.

Nibiru can't exist. It's Sitchin's hoax. Nibiru is one disaster scenario you definitely do not have to worry about.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
that's weird that they are happening more often now. I live in PA and we have those emergency tests EVERY DAY! its very annoying when you are trying to watch something and they interrupt with one of those things. It's usually a small one on the radio every morning but not the full test just that annoying noise it begins with . but the tv one happens everyday a little after midnight. It does say "weekly" test for my area, but why do I see it 4 or 5 times a week.

Maybe certain channels test different days. and we just happen to be watching those at that moment. I don't think you should be worried though. =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join