It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Prophecies Fulfilled By The Rebirth Of Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
If all is so I want to know why? They are still not obeying the comandments of their god.

I don't know. It's as simple as that. Why does any child rebel against a parent? One thing I am sure of though: the Jews have paid a heavy price for their disobedience all throughout their history; yet God hasn't given up on his children. He will continue to protect them as He has since Abraham's day. No matter what Achmedwannadinnerjacket has to say, Israel will never be destroyed.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

Due to God's promise that they would never be uprooted again, and His supernatural protection, the tiny IDF kicked the invading Arab armies collective ASS.

God didn't help them but other countries did..

Self fulfilling prophecy is easy...

God uses the elements of the earth and men to carry out His plans for war against the fallen angels. It will be interesting to see if Russia joins with Iran and other "bands" of Muslims to attack Israel.

It is interesting to see that China, Germany and US have organized a military intervention into Lybia in an effort to win over the Muslim "revolutionaries." They (the EU, America and China) all want oil agreements and energy security after the dust settles and power changes hands. Russia was left out of this trio, but Russia is in competition for that Middle Eastern oil, too.

Russia will compete for the support of Muslim revolutionaries and the Muslim leaders in Egypt that they want overturn the peace treaty with Israel and attack her. Iran has made clear that attacking Israel is it's plan. So things are shaping up in an odd way in light of this prophecy. In the past, I could never see how it would be possible that Russia would attack Israel.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't know what bible some peeps read, it must be a bible written by some jew or another as all the bibles I have ever read have never has a verse in them that said "Jews are Gods chosen people" The Israelites yes, but not the jews. That God, Yahweh, hated Jews, those jews, which now are ashkenazi jews...over there....Brain washed U.S. citizens are the only thing that has kept that unlawful state alive...When the U.S. goes down, so will those jews....

edited for spelling...
edit on 27-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I can believe that.

The part about you don't know what Bible people read . . .

And with your questions, it's apparent that you haven't read ANY Bible.

Ever hear of Judah?

Know who Judah was? His father? His grandfather?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
ya like, what ? they think we are all brain dead?,, to quote a man who has personally talked with "GOD",,,d'ohh

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
The Jews are NOT Christian, according to their belief system the rest of the population of the world was never offered the chance to be saved that Jesus told the world they had.

I don't really know what you're on about or coming from. Some Jewsish folk are Christian and some Jewish folk are not. It's no surprise. The Bible addresses the issue.

If you're wondering why God would protect the Jewish people--even though many of them rejected Christ--well He historically has a way of making himself known and even turning a bad and/or confusing situation to His glory.

He's "down like that."

Now, moving along and for folk who haven't been able to believe, I have been there and understand. However, ponder this:

Even the preponderant weight of secular scholars agree that Jesus was a living historical figure.

So consider his disciples and his 'movement' at the time of his death.

A ragtag group of seemingly powerless folk. Their leader is dead. Peter knows in his heart that he denied his Rabbi and friend in his moment of trouble.

Paul (Still called Saul at this point) is busy persecuting Christians. The authorities are also keeping a close eye on them.

They've become somewhat scattered. They are depressed and in mourning.

But within a very short time these defeated 'nobodies' came alive with power, boldly proclaimed their truth even to the point of death, and turned the world upside down. Something amazing & powerful happened that would be hard to explain in human terms.

That truth lives on some 2,000 years later and prophecy is yet another compelling witness to their truth. What lit that fire in their mind & soul?

gringoboy's boys video reminded me of this passage as regards the prophecy of the Bible:

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done…
(Isaiah 46: 9-10)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I don't know what bible some peeps read, it must be a bible written by some jew or another as all the bibles I have ever read have never has a verse in them that said "Jews are Gods chosen people" The Israelites yes, but not the jews. That God, Yahweh, hated Jews, those jews, which now are ashkenazi jews...over there....Brain washed U.S. citizens are the only thing that has kept that unlawful state alive...When the U.S. goes down, so will those jews....

edited for spelling...
edit on 27-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

Jews have very strict rules about who is "Jewish." You can't just become Jewish, not even by marriage or conversion to Judaism. This Ashkenazi/Sephardic debate is a moot point as both groups are equally "Jewish." The whole topic is a red herring designed to divert attention away from the truth. And the truth is...

The Jews have been God's "Chosen People" since Abraham, the acknowledged father of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In fact, any HONEST Muslim will admit that the Jews are entitled to the entirety of the Holy Land; much like this Imam:

"It is written in the Holy Qur'an that God granted the Land of Israel to the Children of Israel and ordered them to settle therein (Qur'an, Sura 5:21) and that before the Last Day He will bring the Children of Israel to retake possession of Their Land, gathering them from all different countries and nations (Qu'ran, Sura 17:104). Consequently, as a Muslim who abides by the Qur'an, I believe that opposing the existence of the State of Israel means opposing a Divine decree." -Sheik Abdul Paleizo
Now I don't have any idea who this Sheik is, but I looked up the verses of the Koran that he quoted on a Muslim website, and I'll be damned if they don't say exactly what he claims they say.

www.submission.org...
www.submission.org...

So like I said, even honest Muslims will agree that the Jews are God's "Chosen People." The reason lies in the Book of Genesis; scripture held Holy by all three Abrahamic religions.
I'll bet you didn't know that was in the Bible did you.

Genesis 12

1. Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3. And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

That is the first time God told Abraham that he and his seed would be favored above all nations; but it wasn't the last. We fast forward to just after the Angel of the Lord stayed Abraham from sacrificing his son:

Genesis 22

15. The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time
16. and said, “I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son,
17. I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,
18. and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.”

And they will ALWAYS be His "Chosen People." God established an "everlasting covenant" between Himself and Abraham:

Genesis 17 - The Covenant of Circumcision

1. When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.
2. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”
3. Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,
4. “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations.
5. No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.
6. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.
7. I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.
8. The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

PAY ATTENTION: HERE IS WISDOM! What happens next is the root cause of the Jewish/Arab conflicts we are seeing today, and have seen since long before Mohammed; he just happened to incorporate Arab frustrations into his new religion.

Abraham's first-born son was Ishmael, who would go on to father the Arab tribes in the Near Middle-East. Culturally, the first-born son is always the favored son who gets the majority of the family's wealth when the patriarch dies, and assumes his role as the head of the family, or tribe. But that's not the way God wanted events to unfold. In this next passage, God tells Abraham that his unborn son will be the favored one, and not his first-born. It probably had something to do with the fact that Ishmael was not the son of Abraham's wife Sarah, but the son of her Egyptian slave Hagar.

See, Sarah, some 90 years old by this point, had never been able to conceive; but God was going to change all of that. This is what happened when God told Abraham that his wife WOULD conceive a child, Issac, who would become the father of the Jews, which is nothing short of miraculous if you ask me:

17. Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
18. And Abraham said to God, “If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!”
19. Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.
20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.
21. But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.”

22. When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

So YES, the Jews are God's "Chosen People," with whom He has made an everlasting covenant, much to chagrin of most of the Muslim world which feels that Ishmael should have been given the birthright his younger half-brother Issac received from Abraham as well as the covenant with God; YES, it is agreed upon by scholars of all three Abrahamic religions, even upheld within Muslim scripture; and YES it is in the Bible. The same Bible everybody reads.

Class Dismissed.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

So YES, the Jews are God's "Chosen People," with whom He has made an everlasting covenant, much to chagrin of most of the Muslim world which feels that Ishmael should have been given the birthright his younger half-brother Issac received from Abraham as well as the covenant with God; YES, it is agreed upon by scholars of all three Abrahamic religions, even upheld within Muslim scripture; and YES it is in the Bible. The same Bible everybody reads.

Class Dismissed.

Sorry teach but I don't get dismissed that easily..

So this book says "The children of Israel"...
Can you show me in the same book where that means Jews and Jews only?

In truth I have a hard time believing a book written by man but still, lets clear that up...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Excellent.

The deal is, when the Almighty makes a promise, it's a promise.

Promises were made, and in order for those promises to be broken, Israel has to be destroyed.

And military help from the US or any other superpower will not enable the prophecies to be fulfilled, so that really doesn't bode well for us here in the US.

I don't think Israel is in deep dookey. I think the US and Europe is in deep dookey.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

BackinBlack, it would really help if you'd do some rudimentary research on your own.

Find out who "Israel" is.

Find out who "Judah" is.

Find out who was "Judahs" grandfather was.

Damn, man.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

BackinBlack, it would really help if you'd do some rudimentary research on your own.
Find out who "Judah" is.
Damn, man.

To believe the Bible you have to believe ALL of it, not just parts..
So you believe the Earth is under 10.000 years old?
Though even Israel have found fossils of man dating back 120.000 years recently..

I'm sorry, but it's all or nothing with me...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

You're such the scholar!

Show me the scripture - Chapter and Verse - where it says the Earth is 10,000 years old!

You whipped that out so quickly and firmly, recite the scripture.

Or, are you once again, repeating crap you heard by rote?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

You're such the scholar!
Show me the scripture - Chapter and Verse - where it says the Earth is 10,000 years old!

If you search you will find that it seems to be accepted by the huge majority of scholars that the Earth.according to the Bible, is between 6000 and 10000 years old..

Not my idea...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You're such the scholar!

If you search you will find that it seems to be accepted by the huge majority of scholars that the Earth.according to the Bible, is between 6000 and 10000 years old..

Not my idea...

Well, not really a huge majority of anyone, much less scholars, accepts it, but the 6,000 years old date goes back to James Ussher. He published the Ussher Chronology back in the 1800s, calculating the date of creation to be 23 October, 4004 BC (right around tea time, one presumes.) It is, of course, all speculation, but if one is a literalist, he's probably not far off the mark.

Young Earth Creationism assumes that, upon creation, God created everything, as is, with all of the evidence that points to an older Earth and universe being "in place". Given that God is an omnipotent being, one cannot disprove this, since he certainly might have done so, but those of us who are Christians, but not literalists, get hung up on the question "ok, he could have, by why would he have?"

Ultimately, it doesn't matter -- Christians do not believe that your salvation hangs on whether you think God created the Earth by snapping his fingers 6,000 years ago, or by laying down the laws of reality and setting things in motion 6,000,000,000 years ago. It's just another point to argue about for people who like to argue.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ultimately, it doesn't matter -- Christians do not believe that your salvation hangs on whether you think God created the Earth by snapping his fingers 6,000 years ago, or by laying down the laws of reality and setting things in motion 6,000,000,000 years ago. It's just another point to argue about for people who like to argue.

I'm not arguing, I'm debating..
I think it is important to check the credibility of the Bible if that's what you wish to base future events around..

I have searched and found no one who denies that the Bible does show the Earth to be very young..
If you can find something then please link it..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

These are the things that some people see and others don't.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Find out who "Judah" is.
Damn, man.

To believe the Bible you have to believe ALL of it, not just parts..
So you believe the Earth is under 10.000 years old?
Though even Israel have found fossils of man dating back 120.000 years recently..

I'm sorry, but it's all or nothing with me...

can you show me this verse where it says it was created only 10 000 thousand years ago? Please.

Also you do know that in the bible it says that gods day could be a thousand human years and it 1000 years of God can be one human day? This makes the time issue even harder.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I have searched and found no one who denies that the Bible does show the Earth to be very young..

Two just popped up in a matter of minutes. So you are saying you go against the belief of the bible not because you read it and find it untrue, but because of what others have told you is right?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Jews have had a long history of persecution so is that what it means to be God's chosen? I'd rather pass on that one. And if God was really in charge, why do they even need a military? Shouldn't a truly religious man not rely on mechanization to deal with his enemies? Wouldn't they rely on love?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

I'm not arguing, I'm debating..
I think it is important to check the credibility of the Bible if that's what you wish to base future events around..

Well, "no one" is an obvious misnomer, since I just told you that I don't think that it shows that.

However, if one assumes that belief in the process of evolution requires more than 6,000 years to get anything notable done, you might talk to the Catholic Church, which sees no issue with evolution, barring inconclusive evidence regarding the evolution of man, and the recognition that the soul is a divine essence, which could not have evolved.

Again, most non-literalists (commonly seen as fundamentalists, though there are others) do not see an issue with the Earth being more than 6,000 years old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join