It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Prophecies Fulfilled By The Rebirth Of Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Which other countries have EVER provided troops to fight alongside Israelis? NONE, not even the US; and in 1948, the Jews didn't even have the benefit of top-of-the-line US military equipment either.

And yet, by the same token Israelis have provided troops and bravely fought alongside.....????
Who again???? A few token soldiers here or there don't count.

Do Israelis ever wonder why the rest of us are here?

AND if they truly believe they are the "chosen people"....
Who the heck am I? Or any of the rest of us....?

Chopped liver????

edit on 27-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

Due to God's promise that they would never be uprooted again, and His supernatural protection, the tiny IDF kicked the invading Arab armies collective ASS.

God didn't help them but other countries did..

Self fulfilling prophecy is easy...

Who cares how it happened....it still happened. Maybe God invoked feelings of love from other countries to help Israel. You don't know.

And no nation in the history of mankind has ever disappeared for 2000 years gone into exile, and reappeared with the same religion and culture. That says something.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries. In 1999, for example, Israel's per capita Gross Domestic Product was twice as prosperous than the neighboring countries.

And yet they STILL take aid money from the US...
That sounds like the old definition of a jew...

backinblack -

Normally, you have something to contribute to the threads.... your above comment was not one of them.

I found it to be stereotypical, and borderline racist in nature and felt really offended by it, even though I am not Jewish.

You should really re-think what you said, and if you have any moral compass at all, an apology to those who are of Jewish delineation would be encouraged.

Please, show me and everyone else here where a Jew is defined by the money they take, from the US or anyone else? If that's the case, every country in the world is Jewish, along with most people. What is it that separates those people who take money for unemployment, or medical aid, or contest giveaways, or who accept money from their employers from those people who are Jewish? Absolutely nothing other than racism and selecting out one group of people over all others, and attempting to make them look worse than any other group of people with the same qualities.

For the record... Jews had EVERYTHING taken from them, and I mean everything, during the periods where they were persecuted. Jewish people are known for holding on to their money and investing wisely because of the past lessons they have learned. They've also learned to keep marriage between other Jewish people and have a form of networking that puts Facebook to shame. There is nothing wrong with this at all, and it's not frowned upon when it's an African American or an Italian (unless you believe all Italians are mafia?) This is why people have such a serious misconception of Jewish people and money. I encourage you to do some research on this subject before ever posting another comment on anyone of Jewish background.

IMO, I think you need to take a good look in the mirror my friend, because you exemplify what Jewish people are so afraid of, in how Muslims and other people like yourself view them and label them for the stupidest of reasons.

I came to this thread more interested in what the OP said and to see what information was being presented. When I came across your post (BIB), I felt compelled to say something, even though I don't have a dog in this fight.

You have much better feedback most of the time.... I hope this was just a bad day for you or bad information that you used to form your opinion.

To the OP - S&F for presenting a solid foundation for your discussion.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey I know of prophecies that say the same thing, however, the end result is that this is the Jews final state of israel.

Unfortunately for them, they aren't meant to have a state of their own (as the torah states), and several prophecies fortell this.

Looks like its happening today. Bravo.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

He was speaking from the stereotype that the vast majority of jews (not all, as I dont generalise), tend to perpetuate.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by backinblack

2000 years ago, they were expecting a Messiah to set up an earthly kingdom. Yeshua Hamashiac set up a spiritual kingdom, as was foretold.

There was no earthly kingdom, therefore, they do not believe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

He never setup ANY kingdom, not sure what you are talking about, this is truly why they are mad and still chasing prophecies.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Prophecy is an extremely misunderstood field of study; but the FULFILLMENT of it - as we watch - is a cornerstone of MY belief system. The specificity of prophecy from nearly 3,000 years ago, predicting the rebirth of Israel TO THE YEAR, convinces me that there IS a plan in place and it IS being followed.

I take a particular exception to this statement especially the "predicting the rebirth of Israel TO THE YEAR"

Not one of those prophecies or scripture you quoted has a year or even close to a prediction of a year, so it is very much open to interpretation. I mean the Zionists could have returned to Israel in 1948, 1998, or 2008 and it would still have been fulfilling the prophecy.

Like all prophecy they are easily fit into any circumstances. They are so ambiguous and vague that they can predict almost anything accurately. I mean if a asteroid hits Earth with minimal damage one could easily interpret it as fulfillment of Nostradamus prophecies.
edit on 2/27/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by GrinchNoMore

You are mistaken.

...I will build my church...," Jesus tells Peter, "and I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven..." (Matt. 16:18, 19).

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

I found it to be stereotypical, and borderline racist in nature and felt really offended by it, even though I am not Jewish.

You should really re-think what you said, and if you have any moral compass at all, an apology to those who are of Jewish delineation would be encouraged.

True, we all sometimes post in haste and without thinking..
It was a bad line and I apologize to anyone who was offended..

But I still don't understand why a country that is economically sound and with little debt, continues to be the largest recipient of aid from a US that is in financial crisis..

I'm also not a big fan of self fulfilling prophecy..It's too easy...
edit on 27-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Well, you would be incorrect. Here is a web page with a whole bunch of prophecies that, as Messiah, Christ fulfilled - from being born in Bethlehem, to the fact that he was descended from King David through both his mother Mary and his earthly "father" Joseph, entitling him to the throne of Israel. www.konig.org...

And yet the jews don't recognize jesus..
So where are you preaching from??

I'm not preaching at all, I'm simply pointing out the statistical improbability of Israel's survival without Divine intervention. I wish I could find the link now, but someone figured out the exact (or close) odds of a dispossessed people maintaining their cohesion through various tragedies and difficulties, and you are more likely to win the Powerball. No other group in history has survived being so thoroughly conquered. The Medes, Persians, Aztecs, Olmecs, Clovis, the Caananites, Amalekites, Philistines: all powerful civilizations on the dustheap of history, but the Jews keep rollin' on.

Wouldn't you at least admit that it is extremely unlikely?

For me, prophecy is a powerful tool, proving that the Bible is Divinely inspired. It's not just these 10 prophecies concerning Israel, but ALL of them, taken in toto, that have convinced me. I think there are something like 900 prophecies in the Bible that have come true, NONE have NOT happened as described except those prophecies concerning the return of Christ (which has obviously not yet occurred.)

I agree. I always tell some of my friends and others who are not believers that the proof is in the prophecies. Of course if you do not believe from the beginning, you most likely won't read into and study them.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Techyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just out of curiousity has anyone ever wondered why Israel is the focal point of so many prohecies? I for one have always found it interesting especially considering that the Israeli's and the Jewish faith have absolutely 0 belief in a lot of the prophecies of the bible including but not exclusive to the prophecies of Revelations.

The Christian people believe that Christ was born to teach us all about God's will etc, then was crucified, and reborn again.

The Jewish faith believe that there never was a Christ to be reborn in the first place and believe that God hasn't even come to Earth yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thank you for clearing that up. I starred you for your integrity and honor of your admission.

With that, I agree with the rest of your comments... which I usually do.

From what I understand, the reason for the close alliance between the US and Israel and the unwavering support is because they are the only country in that entire region that expresses many of the same democratic views as the US (free press, capitalism, etc). By Israel existing in that region, it does many things depending on how you look at it. More than anything, it destabilizes one of the strongest groups of countries on the planet because if Israel wasn't there, most of the countries in that area would probably form a super-nation of sorts to combat the West. Second to that, if we ever want western influence to continue to persist in that region, it can only happen through Israel being there and helping to spread this kind of influence.

Politics aside, America has done tremendous things, and this isn't because of our politicians or our allies, it's because of the American people and our values as a whole. We respect civil rights, we enjoy and used to appreciate the standard of living afforded to us by having a free-market system (granted, it has flaws) and we try to project these values into the rest of the world because of the remarkable advancements that we have made in a short 200+ years compared to the thousands of years spent by past cultures who never came close to accomplishing what we have. America has been the "beacon of light" for the rest of the world because of what the people did, and what we have always represented. Israel is one of the few places where an almost identical form of democracy exists and projects much of the same values that Americans stand for.

I understand that the relationship goes much deeper than this and gets incredibly complex. For every story about a good guy, there are villains, so of course you're going to find crooked businessmen and corporations, religious zealots and negative influence within the story, but if you take things as a whole and step back, it mostly boils down to what I mentioned above.

~Namaste

edit on 27-2-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here goes,take from it what you will.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I figure--on a conspiracy-minded website--that there has to be folk like me: A former scoffer of anything related to Christianity.

But I was shocked to find that the evidence continued to mount and that the Greatest Conspiracy To Ever Be Sold--Satan's that is--is an actuality...but at a weak point in the game, at it's most transparent, and those who would give the Bible another think will start to find that what the Word claims about itself is true :

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)

The Holy Bible is an exact fit. It's the Grand Unifying Theory of All Time. From NWO to UFOS to Climate Change to Man's Inhumanity to Man and So Much More. It's all in there. It's hypothesis fits like no other and proves itself time & time & time again.

It's prophecy adds real-world weight. It's so far beyond any of that 'self-fulfilling prophecy' hoo-ha that somebody here is attempting to fertilize with. Don't believe that; check it out for yourself.

For those who haven't read it, do so and be prepared to have your mind blown when you realize the Word is supernaturally alive somehow: Living & Active. Sharper than any two-edged sword. Word to your Mother.

For those who have read it; why not just give it another think--like I did--with the hypothesis that it does explain our world--and ourselves--like no other book extant. Everything fits. The explanations for it all lay therein. Even for the conspiracies that brought most of us here in the first place.

I scoff no more…but I do stand in awe of this amazing & preternatural Word: The Holy Bible. But don't take my word for it…Dig In!

OP: Well-done, Well-stated.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavinciThales
reply to post by OldCorp

What would happen if the president of the United States were Agnostic instead of Christian?

I don't know brother. You'd think that having a Muslim in the White House might kinda derail the plans too, but so far BHO is doing just what God wants him to.

Really? You're serious? *face palm*

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good thread, but of course as you likely anticipated flak from those who have no idea of what you're talking about. Kinda funny. They resort to logic, their personal logic, a most fallible thing to rely on.

"Go Daniel! For the matters are obscured and sealed until the time of the End. They will be elucidated and clarified and refined by many [people]; the wicked will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but the wise will understand." Daniel 12:9,10

One might also note a curiosity. While many nations are specifically identified as those who will have the hooks placed in their jaws, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan are not listed.

Iran's Ahmadinejad is trying to force Allah to provide the Twelfth Imman. Since there has to be a ton of "martyrs," he's been clever enough to convince Syria to inadvertently become those martyrs. Recall the explosion at the Syrian military base of al-Safir near Aleppo. Both Syrian and Iranian technicians were killed.

Sounds like Iran, the smarter of the two is going to provide Syria with the required weapons for Syria to really attack Israel, likely supported by Hizballah in southern Lebanon.

Isaiah 17:1 "Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city, and it will become a fallen ruin."

Damascus, the oldest continually populated city in the world. But this destruction of Damascus will not be using conventional weapons.

"At evening time, behold, there is terror! Before morning, they are no more. Isaiah 17:13-14.

Damascus, an open city to every terrorist organization throughout the Arab world, will be there at sundown, and gone before sunrise. In Amos 1:3-5, Syria's military will suffer a decisive defeat.

Likewise, in Jeremiah 49:23-27 we find that Damascus and Syria practically cease to exist.

For those who hate Israel, you will likely care to note that Israel will only strike upon being hit very hard by Damascus.

In fact, in Jeremiah 49, you can see what happens in apparently the same event to the Palestinians, the Gazans, the Syrians, and Lebanon.

Maybe this event is why these peoples have no part in the tragedy where the nations that come against Israel with the hooks in their jaws. Because they won't exist by this time.

And other scriptures mention Persia as being among those many powerful nations that come against Israel and are finally destroyed.

Good thread.

Anyone with any knowledge of the unfulfilled scriptures of the Bible can easily compare the events and trends that occur today to know that these prophecies, like others that were fulfilled, will likely be fulfilled in the days not too far distant.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Due to God's promise that they would never be uprooted again, and His supernatural protection, the tiny IDF kicked the invading Arab armies collective ASS.

God didn't help them but other countries did..

Self fulfilling prophecy is easy...

Which other countries have EVER provided troops to fight alongside Israelis? NONE, not even the US; and in 1948, the Jews didn't even have the benefit of top-of-the-line US military equipment either.

The "Self-fulfilling prophecy" argument is a WEAK one at best. Logically, Israel shoud have ceased to exist in 70 AD when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and scattered the Jews to the four corners of the Earth. Actually, they should have ceased to exist when the Babylonians did the same thing in the 6th century BC. I have faith in what the Bible says, but that faith is guided by reason, logic, and probability. The odds against the Jews surviving as a cohesive group for 3,000 years without a place to call their own are astronomical, as well as being unprecedented and unrivaled. For them to accurately follow a timeline set in stone - to create a nation in the very year it was predicted to occur - only adds to the improbability of the scenario without Divine assistance and revelation to the Prophets.

If all is so I want to know why? They are still not obeying the comandments of their god.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I figure--on a conspiracy-minded website--that there has to be folk like me: A former scoffer of anything related to Christianity.

But I was shocked to find that the evidence continued to mount and that the Greatest Conspiracy To Ever Be Sold--Satan's that is--is an actuality...but at a weak point in the game, at it's most transparent, and those who would give the Bible another think will start to find that what the Word claims about itself is true :

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Heb. 4:12)

The Holy Bible is an exact fit. It's the Grand Unifying Theory of All Time. From NWO to UFOS to Climate Change to Man's Inhumanity to Man and So Much More. It's all in there. It's hypothesis fits like no other and proves itself time & time & time again.

It's prophecy adds real-world weight. It's so far beyond any of that 'self-fulfilling prophecy' hoo-ha that somebody here is attempting to fertilize with. Don't believe that; check it out for yourself.

For those who haven't read it, do so and be prepared to have your mind blown when you realize the Word is supernaturally alive somehow: Living & Active. Sharper than any two-edged sword. Word to your Mother.

For those who have read it; why not just give it another think--like I did--with the hypothesis that it does explain our world--and ourselves--like no other book extant. Everything fits. The explanations for it all lay therein. Even for the conspiracies that brought most of us here in the first place.

I scoff no more…but I do stand in awe of this amazing & preternatural Word: The Holy Bible. But don't take my word for it…Dig In!

OP: Well-done, Well-stated.

The Jews are NOT Christian, according to their belief system the rest of the population of the world was never offered the chance to be saved that Jesus told the world they had.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Now i must say that I am under the impresion that it is god comming back. and that it is all one house , HIS childrens house and he aint to happy about a lot of things, and the way things are dropping lately,, now this is just my own, humble opinion, but if he is comming back, he's pissed.
And if Hekla, blows tonight, or Nz well all i want to say is, that's some spicey breath!
humour?

But maybe the way freedom of the youth, ie younger generation, will spark an new, Ya we better start doing things right,, kind of atttude,, maybe buy some time? who knows.
edit on 27-2-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join