It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Prophecies Fulfilled By The Rebirth Of Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Prophecy is an extremely misunderstood field of study; but the FULFILLMENT of it - as we watch - is a cornerstone of MY belief system. The specificity of prophecy from nearly 3,000 years ago, predicting the rebirth of Israel TO THE YEAR, convinces me that there IS a plan in place and it IS being followed.

1. The Rebirth of Israel After 2,900 years

Bible passage: Amos 9:14-15
Written: 750 BC
Fulfilled: Since 1948

The prophet said that there would come a time when the exiles of Israel would again have Israel as their own land and that they would never be uprooted again.

The Jewish Declaration of Independence, in 1948, triggered a war with the surrounding countries, which objected to the presence of a Jewish state. On May 15, 1948, the day that armies from the surrounding countries invaded, Azzam Pasha, the Secretary General of the Arab League, said "This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the Crusades."

Due to God's promise that they would never be uprooted again, and His supernatural protection, the tiny IDF kicked the invading Arab armies collective ASS.

Amos 9:14-15
I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

2. Israel would be brought back to life:

Bible passage: Ezekiel 37: 10-14
Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: 1948

The prophet receives a vision in which Israel was seen as a scattering of dried-up bones. In this vision, God tells Ezekiel that the bones (Israel) would be brought back to life.

Israel re-established sovereignty in 1948, a mere three years after the end of the Holocaust, during which the Nazis killed about one-third of the world's Jewish population.

Ezekiel 37:10-14
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet--a vast army. Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, `Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.'

Therefore prophesy and say to them: `This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.'"

3. Isaiah spoke of Israel being reborn in ONE DAY.

Bible passage: Isaiah 66: 7-8
Written: Between 701-681 BC

The prophet foretold the re-birth of Israel in 1948. Isaiah describes a woman giving birth before going into labor, and he speaks of a country being born in one day. This accurately describes what happened on May 14, 1948 - when the Jews declared independence for Israel as a united and sovereign nation for the first time in 2900 years.

During that same day, the United States issued a statement recognizing Israel's sovereignty. And, only hours beforehand, a United Nations mandate expired, ending British control of the land. During a 24-hour span of time, foreign control of the land of Israel had formally ceased, and Israel had declared its independence, and its independence was acknowledged by other nations. Modern Israel was literally was born in a single day.

Isaiah said the birth would take place before there would be labor pains. Within hours of the declaration of independence in 1948, Israel was attacked by the surrounding countries of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.

Keep in mind that Israel's status as a sovereign nation was established and reaffirmed during the course of a single day, and that its declaration of independence was not the result of a war but rather the cause of one.

Isaiah 66:7-8
"Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children."

4. Israel would be re-established as a united nation.

Bible passage: Ezekiel 37: 21-22
Written: between 593-571 BC

The prophet said that God would one day bring the people of Israel back to Israel, as a united nation. This might have been a shock for Ezekiel. He lived about 2600 years ago, and at that time, the people of Israel had already divided themselves into two separate kingdoms. Both kingdoms had been conquered by foreign invaders, who forced many of the people, including Ezekiel, into exile. But, when Jews reclaimed sovereignty in 1948, they did so as a united people, creating one nation - Israel.

Ezekiel 37:21-22
`This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms.

5. The Reborn Israel would be more impressive than the first.

Bible passage: Jeremiah 16: 14-15
Written: Between 626 to 586 BC

The prophet said the second Israel would be more impressive than the first. In many regards, it is. The first time that Israel was established as a country was after Moses led the descendants of Jacob (typically referred to today as Jews) out of Egypt, where they had been enslaved for 400 years.

They conquered Canaan and established Israel about 3400 years ago. But the second time that Israel was established was after the Jews had been scattered far and wide for a few thousand years. This time the Jews had to return from as far away as the United States, China, Russia and South Africa.

Jeremiah 16:14-15
"However, the days are coming," declares the Lord, "when men will no longer say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,' but they will say, `As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.' For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers.

6. Ezekiel predicted when Israel would be re-established.

Bible passage: Ezekiel 4: 3-6
Written: Between 593-571 BC

The prophet said the Jews, who had lost control of their homeland, would be punished for 430 years. This prophecy, according to Bible scholar Grant Jeffrey, pinpointed the 1948 rebirth of Israel. Here's a summary of Jeffrey's theory:

1. Ezekiel said the Jews were to be punished for 430 years because they had turned away from God. As part of the punishment, the Jews lost control of their homeland to Babylon. Many Jews were taken as captives to Babylon.
2. Babylon was later conquered by Cyrus in 539 BC. Cyrus allowed the Jews to leave Babylon and to return to their homeland. But, only a small number returned. The return had taken place sometime around 536 BC, about 70 years after Judah lost independence to Babylon.
3. Because most of the exiles chose to stay in pagan Babylon rather than return to the Holy Land, the remaining 360 years of their punishment was multiplied by 7. The reason is explained in Bible's book of Leviticus. (Leviticus 26:18, 26:21, 26:24 and 26:28) - which state that if the people did not repent while being punished, the punishment would be multiplied by 7. By staying in pagan Babylon, most exiles were refusing to repent.
4. So, if you take the remaining 360 years of punishment and multiply by 7, you get 2,520 years. But, Jeffrey says those years are based on an ancient 360-day lunar calendar. If those years are adjusted to the modern solar calendar, the result is 2,484 years.
5. There were exactly 2,484 years from 536 BC to 1948, which is the year that Israel regained independence.

7. The people of Israel would return to "their own land."

Bible passage: Ezekiel 34:13
Written: Between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: after May 14, 1948

The prophet said that God would gather the people of Israel scattered throughout the world and bring them back to "their own land." After many centuries of dispersion, hundreds of thousands of Jews returned to their ancient homeland beginning in the late 1800s. But, millions more returned after Israel declared independence in 1948. In other words, millions of exiles returned to their ancient homeland which was now truly "their own land" in the sense that it was now a sovereign Jewish state.

Ezekiel 34:13
I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land.

8. God would watch over the people of Israel.

Bible passage: Jeremiah 31:10
Written: Between 626 to 586 BC
Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

The prophet said that God would one day gather the Jews back to Israel and that He would watch over them like a shepherd. Believe what you wish, but there is evidence that God indeed has watched over the re-established nation of Israel.

Hours after Israel declared independence in 1948, the surrounding countries attacked, hoping to replace the Jewish state with an Arab state. These countries are much larger than Israel. But tiny Israel prevailed in that war and was able to capture additional land, increasing the land size of Israel by 50 percent. Israel also prevailed in the two other major wars that followed.

Jeremiah 31:10
"Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: `He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.'

9. Israel's army would be disproportionately powerful.

Bible passage:Leviticus 26:3, 7-8
Written: Around 1400 BC
Fulfilled: 1948-49, 1967, etc.

The Bible says that the army of Israel would have a supernatural power to prevail during times of conflict, if the people are obedient to the Lord.

Example 1: Within hours of Israel's declaration of independence in 1948, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon invaded Israel. The combined population of those countries was at least 20 million at that time. Israel had fewer than 1 million Jews. Even so, the Jews won the war and expanded the size of Israel by 50 percent.

Example 2: During the War of 1967, Israel attacked the air force bases of the surrounding countries and took control of Jerusalem for the first time in about 2000 years. They also seized additional territory. That war lasted a mere 6 days.

Example 3: On Oct. 6, 1973, Israel was attacked by Egypt and Syria. Other countries later joined the attack. But the Jews were able to push back the attacking armies and occupy land outside of Israel's borders.

Leviticus 26:3, 7-8
"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, ... You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you."

I guess that explains how Israel's tiny army was able to defeat forces many times it's own size in a matter of days.

10. The fortunes of the people of Israel would be restored.

Bible passage: Deuteronomy 30:3-5
Written: Around 1400 BC
Fulfilled: 1948, etc.

The Bible said the Jews would be scattered worldwide and that they later would return to their homeland and have their fortunes restored. This prophecy began to be fulfilled in modern times during the late 1800s when many Jews returned to Israel, from as far away as China and the United States, Russia and South Africa.

Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries. In 1999, for example, Israel's per capita Gross Domestic Product was twice as prosperous than the neighboring countries.

Deuteronomy 30:3-5
"then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. He will bring you to the land that belonged to your fathers, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers."

NEVER before in the history of the world have a displaced people - displaced for 2,900 years - been returned to their homeland like this. It truly IS miraculous. If you have a "logical" theory that explains away these prophecies I sure would like to hear it.

The next set of prophecies I see unfolding is known as the Gog/Magog War (which is NOT Armageddon BTW). Other than Israel, the major combatants will be Russia, Turkey, Iran, Syria, Libya, Egypt, and Ethiopia. Allow me to give the uninitiated just a little taste:

Ezekiel 38: 3-6

3. And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4. And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5. Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6. Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

The entire chapter is a fascinating read. It's almost like reading today's newspaper. If you aren't familiar with some of the names of nations, or are unclear on some of the meanings (To "put a hook in your jaw" means to force you to do something you really don't want to,) then I would suggest doing a little digging into the links below.

WIKIpedia.com: Gog and Magog

Tribulation.com: A BUTTLOAD of videos, links, and useful info.

OR, you can watch the "Gog/Magog War For Dummies" video on Youtube.

(It's actually a very good vid. The graphics explain a lot.
)

Peace.

edit on 2/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Due to God's promise that they would never be uprooted again, and His supernatural protection, the tiny IDF kicked the invading Arab armies collective ASS.

God didn't help them but other countries did..

Self fulfilling prophecy is easy...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp
The specificity of prophecy from nearly 3,000 years ago, predicting the rebirth of Israel TO THE YEAR, convinces me that there IS a plan in place and it IS being followed.

Well, if there is some secret Illuminati, Cabal, or ruling elite of some sort, it is perfectly possible that the elite are so inspired by these ancient writings that they manipulate world events to fulfill them.

True prophecies don't predict events. They inspire them.

What would happen if the president of the United States were Agnostic instead of Christian? I would bet these prophecies would not be fulfilled because an agnostic would not follow the script of the bible or any other religious text.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

God didn't help them but other countries did..

Self fulfilling prophecy is easy...

Which other countries have EVER provided troops to fight alongside Israelis? NONE, not even the US; and in 1948, the Jews didn't even have the benefit of top-of-the-line US military equipment either.

The "Self-fulfilling prophecy" argument is a WEAK one at best. Logically, Israel shoud have ceased to exist in 70 AD when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and scattered the Jews to the four corners of the Earth. Actually, they should have ceased to exist when the Babylonians did the same thing in the 6th century BC. I have faith in what the Bible says, but that faith is guided by reason, logic, and probability. The odds against the Jews surviving as a cohesive group for 3,000 years without a place to call their own are astronomical, as well as being unprecedented and unrivaled. For them to accurately follow a timeline set in stone - to create a nation in the very year it was predicted to occur - only adds to the improbability of the scenario without Divine assistance and revelation to the Prophets.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DavinciThales

True, forget about God..
Israel would NOT be there today if not for the USA..

Does that make the USA God..???

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Give it a rest mate..
God's so called chosen are not even the current jews in Israel..
That's already proven.....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavinciThales
reply to post by OldCorp

What would happen if the president of the United States were Agnostic instead of Christian?

I don't know brother. You'd think that having a Muslim in the White House might kinda derail the plans too, but so far BHO is doing just what God wants him to.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Give it a rest mate..
God's so called chosen are not even the current jews in Israel..
That's already proven.....

Blah, blah, blah... I've heard all of that garbage before. It's old, tired, and false, so maybe you should give it a rest. Not all of the Jews in the world are in Israel, but all Israelis are Jews (except for the Arab Israelis, which make up about 20% of the population.

And puhleeeze, don't bring up these idiots either.

Neturei Karta Jews believe Israel is an illegitimate state, unsanctioned by God. There are only about 5,000 of these whack jobs, and they do NOT represent mainstream Jewry, despite being very vocal and wanting to get on the news all the time. I call "Attention Whores!" I have to laugh every time someone trots out these nutters. I just wanted to stage a preemptive strike.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

reply to post by DavinciThales

Does that make the USA God..???

I cannot say. I am not an expert on this God creature everyone seems so fond of.

All I can say is I view God as the sum of all the parts of the Universe and their interacting parts. So the way the world is interacting right now is determining what happens. So we all have a part in it but overall its outside our control.
edit on 27-2-2011 by DavinciThales because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
And I bet if I tried hard enough I could find prophesies to support a similar situation with lemurs and spaghetti.Your only source is one known to be edtted by people with only their interests of greed and power in mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

LMAO@God's will..

It's the French,British and Americans that have protected Israel..
Or should I say the jews amongst them..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Israel declared independence in 1948. Today, Israel is among the world's most prosperous countries. In 1999, for example, Israel's per capita Gross Domestic Product was twice as prosperous than the neighboring countries.

And yet they STILL take aid money from the US...
That sounds like the old definition of a jew...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Great post OP!

I've always heard about the significance of israel becoming a nation but never knew the details. This was laid out very clear and easy to understand.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
why don't jew's uphold the most important prophesy, much more important that land:

the birth, life, death and resurrection of the Messiah almost 2000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why don't jew's uphold the most important prophesy, much more important that land:

I am guessing because it didn't fulfill all the requirements of their prophecy.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
im sick of war. im sick of aparthied. im sick of racism. im sick of elitsm. im sick of taxes. im sick of xionism. im sick of izreal.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

That too was prophesied to occur, see Isaiah 53:1-3 (He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.)

Although Jesus was accepted by some people as being the Messiah, he also was rejected by many people. In fact, the rejections led to him being executed, through crucifixion. The ruling religious body, the Pharisees, wanted him dead because he threatened to put an end to the status quo. I know, sounds stupid right? The one thing they look forward to more than anything else - The Messiah, who promises to deliver them - and they reject him because they want everything to stay the same.
The 53rd chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, foretold that the Messiah would be rejected.

Originally posted by DavinciThales

I am guessing because it didn't fulfill all the requirements of their prophecy.

Well, you would be incorrect. Here is a web page with a whole bunch of prophecies that, as Messiah, Christ fulfilled - from being born in Bethlehem, to the fact that he was descended from King David through both his mother Mary and his earthly "father" Joseph, entitling him to the throne of Israel. www.konig.org...

edit on 2/27/2011 by OldCorp because: Fixed linky

edit on 2/27/2011 by OldCorp because: Fixed grammer, colons and such. Dang, I didn't reaize how late it was. No wonder I'm tired.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Well, you would be incorrect. Here is a web page with a whole bunch of prophecies that, as Messiah, Christ fulfilled - from being born in Bethlehem, to the fact that he was descended from King David through both his mother Mary and his earthly "father" Joseph, entitling him to the throne of Israel. www.konig.org...

And yet the jews don't recognize jesus..
So where are you preaching from??

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Excellent post, S&F!

I have been reading the "minor prophets" lately and was struck the other day with the text of Micah 4:

In the last days
the mountain of the LORD’s temple will be established
as the highest of the mountains;
it will be exalted above the hills,
and peoples will stream to it.

Many nations will come and say,

“Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the temple of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us his ways,
so that we may walk in his paths.”
The law will go out from Zion,
the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
He will judge between many peoples
and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide.
-- Micah 4:1-3 (NIV)

My take away from that is that Israel, Jerusalem specifically, will become a diplomatic center, perhaps the location of negotiations. It's hard to see how that would be fulfilled in the current climate, but perhaps this dovetails in with the predicted actions during the time of tribulation? Scofield appears to be of the mind that this is after the return of Christ, but I take "the last days" to mean prior to his return. Any thoughts on it?

Though the "biggies" like Isaiah and Daniel get a lot of attention, the minor prophets like Micah, Amos and Joel have some very interesting bits in them.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

And yet the jews don't recognize jesus..
So where are you preaching from??

I'm not preaching at all, I'm simply pointing out the statistical improbability of Israel's survival without Divine intervention. I wish I could find the link now, but someone figured out the exact (or close) odds of a dispossessed people maintaining their cohesion through various tragedies and difficulties, and you are more likely to win the Powerball. No other group in history has survived being so thoroughly conquered. The Medes, Persians, Aztecs, Olmecs, Clovis, the Caananites, Amalekites, Philistines: all powerful civilizations on the dustheap of history, but the Jews keep rollin' on.

Wouldn't you at least admit that it is extremely unlikely?

For me, prophecy is a powerful tool, proving that the Bible is Divinely inspired. It's not just these 10 prophecies concerning Israel, but ALL of them, taken in toto, that have convinced me. I think there are something like 900 prophecies in the Bible that have come true, NONE have NOT happened as described except those prophecies concerning the return of Christ (which has obviously not yet occurred.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join