It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall of Wisconsin's AWOL Senators Begins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

I don't have much to say about that post other than what is ss. 13.48 and 16.705 ?

And why SHOULD the state own any power, heating or such facility, and if they did WHY can't they sell it?
And what does that have to do with my post?

edit on 2/27/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Because I think that them hiding is giving people the time to read what is actually in the bill. What does the unions have to do with selling public utilities. Why would you include language about the selling of public utilities, with no oversite, in the bill. At first I thought those Senators that left the state were a bunch of idiots. Now I am glad they did. There are bigger things afoot than just the Unions. It is simple slight of hand. Everyone is in an uproar about about Union busting, and are failing to see the bigger picture. Wisconson is getting shafted, and everyone is missing it. Even you, though it is staring you right in the face. Enjoy your Enronesque Utilities in the future.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I wouldn't have recalled them I'd kick their coward a** onto the street. Recalling is giving them too much respect because it sounds official. And most things official cost money. Not worth it. As usual government is overbloated and even the simplest things are too expensive.

In the past I think people were wise enough to know when to just boot them out.
edit on 27-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
reply to post by beezzer

They were elected to represent the members of their district. I'm sure their constituents are just fine with them leaving the state so that peoples' rights don't get stripped

No doubt.

By leaving, the Senators are serving their constituents - by road-blocking nothing less than the wholesale of their individual rights and, generally speaking, staving off the most flagrant attempt at the complete subversion of worker's rights and the common good by corporate interests. How someone fails to see this as them doing their job is beyond me.

However, I support the general spirit of the recall, if not the intent. Why? Because that's also the right of the good people of Wisconsin. But I personally hope it fails.
edit on 27/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

They were elected to represent the members of their district. I'm sure their constituents are just fine with them leaving the state so that peoples' rights don't get stripped, but this is just a smokescreen. I'm pretty sure they don't care what you think about them, unless you live in WI. This is brave; not many would stand up to this naked power grab.

Members of their district are the only ones allowed to sign a recall petition,
so no, their constituents aren't just fine, otherwise no possibility of a recall.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

think you might like their AWOL idea if you actually read the bill. Wisconson is about to take it bigtime from private industry.

I don't like them going AWOL.
I have read the entire bill,
and I completely debunked your arguments about these:

State-owned coal-fired power plants in Wisconsin In Madison:

Capitol Heat and Power
Hill Farms
Mendota Mental Health Institute
UW-Madison Charter Street Heating Plant

Around the state:
Northern Wisconsin Center, Chippewa Falls
UW campuses: Eau Claire, La Crosse, Oshkosh, Platteville, River Falls, Stevens Point, Stout, Superior, and Oshkosh
Waupun Correctional Institution
Winnebago Mental Health Institute,

SOURCE: State Department of Administration

here
and here

I'm sure our moderator, Kosmicjack, from Wisconsin, can see the strategic implications of a takeover of those "power plants".

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You guys calling the Dem senators cowards and supporting the recall are being totally fooled.

Try reading the bill, find out who helped to write it, which was huge corporations and their senators.
The bill does a lot more than unions, it give the right for the governor to give ownership or management of state assets to private corporations without any bidding. Whoever the governor would want to deal with he could.

Like the Koch Brothers, which has been shown that Walker is deep in their pocket. Total puppet for the guys.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Those AWOL senators are doing their State and America a huge disservice.
When they are not in the position to win by votes, they try to control decisions by running.

www.detnews.com...

The lawmakers in exile call this a defense of democracy. In truth, it's a step toward anarchy. If it catches on as a practice, it will officially end government by, of and for the people.

It's part of a disturbing trend by Democrats to embrace a by-any-means-necessary approach to governing.

Throwing them from office is what they deserve at this point.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How good it is to see the posts here describing the need for elected officials to participate and not go hiding. You folks are wonderful. I have been watching the meltdown figuring the sooner it happens the sooner we can put it back together. If we can get rid of the good for nothin's now, all the better.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I highly doubt they'd get recalled.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm asking a serious question..

If they get ousted by a recall,do they still get all the benefits and medical for life?

Or for how long?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This just on Raw Story :

Anonymous is going after the Koch Brothers....

www.rawstory.com...

Should get interesting.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Good. Politics, as a profession, is somewhere at the rank of prostitute, dog-catcher, or mime.

But it IS a job where, despite the outcome, participation is required.

These folks don't want the job? Find someone who does. With rampant unemployment, I'm sure there would be a few takers.

omgosh i couldn't agree more /applaud

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

edit on Sun Feb 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

top topics

<< 1   >>

join