It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us vs them???? reason for nuclear weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So i was wondering about this recently and i wanted to see what you all thought.... also im pulling facts out of memory so please correct me if im wrong.

could it be possible that the USA and Russia stocked up on nuclear weapons during the cold war to defend us from aliens?

i mean right after Roswell the USA began going crazy with nuclear weapons i mean why in the world would anyone need thousands of nuclear weapons. unless they didn't know what they would be facing also i feel like defense budget is only thing that is never cut
edit on 26-2-2011 by sephto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Nope that is a wishful reason, but the real reason is we are just stupid and could care less about the reaction from nukes

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

but i mean it was literally after Roswell that they cold war began u know

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't believe that this is very plausible, though I could very easily be wrong. However, I base my opinion on that fact that if aliens were advanced enough to come to Earth from light years away, then they would be able to wipe out all the life on Earth if they really wanted to. And besides, surely us earthlings realize that even if we used all of those on aliens that landed on our planet, then our planet would be doomed anyways due to the devastating effects of nuclear weaponry.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Some of the most compelling UFO cases involve disarming nukes, so if the governments of the world stockpiled them in the hopes of fending off an alien invasion they spent a whole lot of money for nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Both, all leaders are afraid of anyone that might take them over, and rightly so for it is the leaders who end up dead if they lose war, that is why they put millions of people in front of them to die for them, and try to have the best of weapons they can have, and it does not matter if the threat comes from space or the earth.

But they have known for many years of alien threat, and the aliens have made it known to them that our weapons would be of no use to us, this has put the fear into them so they want the star wars program. But the other nations do not want us to have it because it is a threat to them as well.

Revelations tell us that the Devil and his angels will come to the earth and take it over (Rev 12:12), and mercy is not one of his strong points, some people want him to come for he is their God, others do not want him to come for he is death, and the rest are sheeple and just don't care.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We got better stuff then Nukes to take em out

Even mini flying saucers

Robot Frisbies of Death
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sephto
could it be possible that the USA and Russia stocked up on nuclear weapons during the cold war to defend us from aliens?

Hi sephto, defending ourselves in what way, that we blow ourselves to kingdom com, because that would be the outcome of such an act in my opinion.
But besides that, there are some very good cases in where it seems already very clear that they [ET] can play around with our nukes in such a way that they become completely useless.
I am personally convinced that we have when needed and must face them alone as humans absolutely no decisive defense against them in any way, despite as I am also convinced that we have today some pretty advanced weaponry.

i mean right after Roswell the USA began going crazy with nuclear weapons i mean why in the world would anyone need thousands of nuclear weapons. unless they didn't know what they would be facing also i feel like defense budget is only thing that is never cut

I wonder, I did read a book of Lou Baldin, member sleeper on ATS, and he said the following in his book “In League with a UFO” about this and which seems very well possible to me.

It was no coincident that expenditures in military spending increased with each succeeding President. The discovery of the Alien ship in 1947 had everything to do with it. The Cold War with the USSR (Soviet Union) was more of a "Red Herring" than a real fear of Communism. Not that Russia weren’t dangerous and unpredictable, they were, …. and did deserve keeping on eye on…" (A quote in the memo from the president).

After the discovery of the Alien ship in Roswell, many at the top echelon of government were more fearful of things not of this world than anything from this world. Unfortunately, the Soviets, who were already paranoid about the western world, and looked upon the United States as the only country that could keep them from swallowing Europe whole, mistook the American military build up as a direct threat to them. Therefore, the Cold War escalated to a point that the two Superpowers became the real threat to this planet, more so than any threat from the Aliens.

edit on 27/2/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sephtobut i mean it was literally after Roswell that they cold war began u know

Uh, no.

Read up on history. There's this thing called World War II and its aftermath.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

reply to post by thegoods724

but i mean it was literally after Roswell that they cold war began u know

No. That is incorrect. Even long before the WWII, the growth of communism was considered to be a threat eventually to the Western world. The end of the war and the occupation and transformation of many east european countries into or toward communism was a sure indication that we would be at war with some communist countries at some point. And we were.

Rationally, a stockpile of bombs would be of little use against aliens attacking from space. Bombs are dropped from the air onto targets. Of course, we learned to develop Intercontinental Ballestic Missiles. But still, they were to be fired from one country and rained down on another.The invention of and large inventories of nukes on Earth have been developed and used against our own kind.

The militiary undoubtedly strives to have a weapon system to counter ET visits, because they would feel powerless if they din't make the effort. (The so-called Star Wars system was promoted somewhat upon that argument.) I personally believe it would be sheer folly for them to ever think they could create any weapon system that could out bluff, deter or destroy alien invaders. Yet, as military minds go, we know they have a new breed of "bunker-buster" nukes. It takes little imagination to envision minds in the Pentagon doing "just-in-case" contingency planning for "planet-buster" nukes once we start flying off to foreign bodies and perhaps meeting opposition.

A defensive army is one thing, an offensive army is just that in both meanings of the word.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nuclear weapons are useless against a alien threat but we humans focussed on some more advanced weapons to kill other humans. I think the US are the only ones with a railgun prototype aren´t they? It´s a shame how much money the world leaders put in their weapon programs to kill each other. Stupid humans...

btw: Is their any recorded case that a UFO was in fact shot down by the military? I think i only heard about crashlandings.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Nuclear weapons are useless against a alien threat but we humans focussed on some more advanced weapons to kill other humans. I think the US are the only ones with a railgun prototype aren´t they? It´s a shame how much money the world leaders put in their weapon programs to kill each other. Stupid humans...

btw: Is their any recorded case that a UFO was in fact shot down by the military? I think i only heard about crashlandings.

It depends on your strategy if nukes are useful or not. You have to remember there is a strategy in place in-case aliens invade the Earth. It is called MAD(Mutual Assured Destruction) + SE(Scorched Earth). Or in layman's terms "if we can't have it neither will they".

One thing people forget is not all humans are right in the head. 10-20% of humans are functioning sociopaths/control freaks. They tend to veer towards positions of power and seek to expand their power. During the Cold War knowledge of psychopaths and sociopaths was forbidden behind the Iron curtain for obvious reasons(because all communist/totalitarian states de-evolve into sociopath controlled societies, in-fact most sociopaths are drawn towards communism and other forms of authoritarian government).

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

MAD has nothing to do with a defense strategy against aliens. It is a deterrent to all out nuclear assault from one nuclear superpower against another. For example, Russia fires nukes on us, we detect it and fire nukes on them and vice-versa, ensuring the destruction of both nations.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Like in the day after. Great movie btw. I guess we just don´t know what our defenses are because the governments keep it secret. Wouldn´t it be cool if we had a starfleet parked behind a planet.

I´m not sure if it does came to a war between us and a alien species all humans would fight for their survival. Some would just surrender or give up and commit suicide. Maybe some would even join the enemy forces to ensure their survival. I guess many of american people could fight against a agressor because you are well armed but we in germany were screwed. Most of our people don´t have even guns at their homes to defend themselfs. I know where i have to go to arm myself but i think only maybe 10% of germanys population know that too. And if our human weapons are useless someone would push the big red button to destroy our planet that´s for sure.

top topics

join