It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost in Savannah? What do you guys think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was speaking with a coworker the other day that told me of an experience he and a few other friends had while in Savannah, Georgia. If you all don't know, Savannah is supposedly the most haunted city in America. There are numerous tours of allegedly haunted building and locations and you are able to hear the stories of the various places.

I was shown the picture that I am attaching and the guy that showed it to me definitely believed what he saw in the picture. Here is the back story: The group was taking a walking tour to haunted places in Savannah and throughout the whole tour one friend kept saying that she was feeling a presence. She could not elaborate on it, but she got the distinct feeling that they were not alone. This woman was practically freaking out and as a result ended up getting teased by the others.

Long story short, the group was taking pictures and one friend took a picture of the woman that kept feeling a presence during a particularly uneasy time for her and the attached picture was the result. I have blacked out her face, but she was wearing an unsettled and almost frightened look on her face. If you look to the left side of the photo you will see what appears to be a man walking in the opposite direction. According to those that were present, there was no one else in the picture and it was a warm night so no one would have been out wearing a coat like what the "person" seems to be wearing.

Now, here is my disclaimer: this is not my photo. It was shown to me, but the guy that showed it to me believed what he saw. It is possible that it was edited, but I do believe that this is not the result of tampering. What do you guys think? Do you think a ghost was genuinely captured here?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

looks geniune enough for me to never go to Savannah! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
nah. hate to be a party pooper, but it just looks like a crappy, "smeared" exposure of some guy walking down the street.

the only folks haunting savannah are dope boys, tweakers and hookers.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I see a LOT of double Images in that pic. Nothing to make me think anything other than camera movement. IMO of course

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Open door, man walks out and turns right. The door is still closing.
I see nothing but poor photography here.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmm... That could be it, DisturbedToo. Thanks for pointing that out!

Second line...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

looks geniune enough for me to never go to Savannah! Thanks for the heads up.

You would be depriving yourself a great opportunity. It is a spectacular city steeped in history and culture. Great people and excellent food too. Besides in my experience it tends to be the living humans that cause more harm than those who've passed.

Regarding the photo. Seems like camera anomaly but odd that woman in photo is relatively sharp focus while background depicts unstable camera movement. (smeared, double images)

I do firmly believe there are ghosts in Savannah though. Cemeteries aside there are some spooky and legendary sites with multiple witness testimony. (Pirate's House for one.)

Just my .02¢ though.

edit on 27-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think this is a camera edit/a smudged picture. It looks like an old lady carrying her shopping home.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank you all for your comments. The guy that showed it to me was pretty excited about it. He seemed to think that there was something paranormal caught on camera and he practically swore that no one else was in the picture. It's possible that everyone was just wired from taking a haunted city tour and they all saw what they wanted to see in this pic. Thanks, and I'll pass on your comments to him.

new topics

top topics

join