It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks to all of you for a great and interesting place. I've been reading for a few years and figured I should say hello.

Me? Well, I'm 43 years old. I've been a cop, a firearms instructor, self defense instructor, explosives tech, private contractor, bouncer, cowboy, Hunting guide, farmer, gas station attendant, and a few other things. Now, I'm back to being a child again (and a cowboy).

I'll read far more than I post, as I'm sort of quiet. I may share an experience or three down the road, when the time is right.

Thanks again, and my best wishes to all of you.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookstwice

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you!

The intro wasn't so painful after all. Thanks for the helpful information.

And, Peace and Love to you as well!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Howdy and welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Hi Lookstwice !
Welcome to ATS hope to see you soon in the forums

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy!

So you were never an Astronaut? That's quite a resume you have...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
hi, have fun at ats.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Welcome to you. As a lurker, you probably already have a good feel for the place. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

Thank you! The resume..... Well, I was never really good at any of those things - except maybe explosive work. I was good enough to stay alive! Astronaut? Nope. Never a fighter pilot either. I wanted to be both of those things when I was a kid though. I think that may be why I tried so many different things - to make up for not being one of those two (or both!). Most of those things came out of being a cop for twenty years.

Thanks to all of you for the welcomes and information. It's going to be nice to be able to reply or post something now and then. It feels more like being a part of, not just a watcher.

Thanks again,
'twice

top topics

join