It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the Paranormal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good thread here for us animal lovers!! Animals are more sensitive to subtle energies that we people can't sense, I think because we people have a non-stop mental chatter going on that blocks a lot of our perception. We could learn a lot from them.

I lost one of my dear cats last December, and for the first week there were no paranormal incidents. My other two cats were distracted and looking for him, but nothing spooky. And then, one night, just after I got into bed, I very distinctly felt a cat jump up on the bed and curl up next to my ankles. The other two cats were not in the room. I felt the presence there until I fell asleep. It happened a couple of other times after that, and seems to have stopped now, although I still "feel" a presence.

I think all of us pet owners have had the times when the dear pet will just suddenly develop a weird fixation- staring at something for no apparent reason and things like that. I don't really know what they're "seeing" but it is a fascinating phenomena. A friend of mine, years ago, had a cat named Shelby who suddenly took to staring at the house. It was a pretty safe neighborhood, so Shelby got to go outside during the day. One day my friend noticed Shelby in the garden staring at the house. A few hours later, he was on the other side of the house, staring at the house. For several weeks he spent each day moving to different vantage points around the yard, staring at the house from different angles. Every time anyone saw Shelby he was staring at the house!!! Never did know why- he stopped doing it eventually and there were no incidents that were related to it.

Dogs are the same way.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

This sounds very strange, it sounds like your dog is sensing something wrong, but what, I don't know. I know you said he first started showing symtoms a couple of years ago, but what aboutbefore then, I mean is he a nervous dog by habit, or was he 'well adjusted' before then?

I don't want to pry into your personal life of course
but has anything happened in your life (stress/change of circumstances) that he might pick up on? Dogs are very perceptive. Our youngest dog (we have three) is the most sensitive of all of ours - she immediately picks up on when I'm upset or angry or scared, and will sit right in front of me, with her ears back, staring up at me, until I give her a hug

The staring into space thing could be a sign of old age - at the risk of comparing our dogs to yours, our oldest dog (15 and a half) has started doing this in recent months. She'll just stand there, staring at apparently nothing. It seems almost as if she's forgotten where she is or what she was doing.

Have you taken your dog to the vet? Might be a good idea, unless he's too scared to go out of course.

What do you do when he gets scared and tries to hide? Your behavior may affect his reactions - eg if you get worried and upset at what he's doing, he might pick up on this and get even more scared, whereas if you confidently tell him everything's ok and don't make a big deal of it, he might realise there is nothing to be scared of? (Not saying you're at fault
just trying to explain how easily dogs pick up on and react to human emotions. Hubby is always telling me not to mollycoddle our littlest one when she gets scared - I just want to hug her
but hubby tells me that just makes her feel there really is something to be scared of. I know he's right).

Sorry I have nothing more constructive to add.
edit on 22-5-2011 by tappy because: stupid emoticons

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In the OP it almost sounded like I had written it. My dog- age 10 has been having similar issues. Nothing we can see. Sometimes staring at the cieling. More recently when he goes upstairs he won't come down unto the floor(shiny hardwood). There are certain areas he will not go into- for example the kitchen near the stove(only one way into that area). Lately he would not cross the floor at the bottum of the stairs. He rarely barks and almost never growls. I think his vision is fine since he plays outside and catches a frisbee. Whatever he percieves it is not something he thinks is strange or outta place because that he will bark at.
Nice topic!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My dog was a clairvoyant. And my cat was both a precog and excellent at locating things, but in real time and precognitively.

Nearly all the different apartments that I lived in, either there was no window by the front door, or no way for the dog to see who was at the door. And when she was young, I told her that she was not allowed to bark at either the landlord or the maintenance man. Somehow she understood. Only she wouldn't bark when they knocked. Somehow, without seeing who was on the other side of the door--she knew. So if the landlord or maintenance man knocked-- she never barked at them. Anybody else--- she barked.

The cat--she still amazes me. If I couldn't find something, anything-- Where'd I put my hairbrush? Where are my car keys? And the cat would show me where they were. The really odd thing was sometimes I'd ask her where something was that I put away 6 months before. Like one year I was doing my taxes. And I had I stack of bills Jan-June which I had put somewhere 6 months before. I just couldn't remember where. And I went to ask my cat where the stack was. And I couldn't find my cat. I went looking for her and she was in the closet. Only somehow, she had climbed up in the closet to a stack that I never thought she could get to and some place that I had never seen her before. And I asked the cat, "I put down a stack of bills 6 months ago, where are they?" And she stood up...she was standing on them. The place that she had climbed up to, in the closet-- that's where the stack was. She found the stack before I even asked her.

edit on 18-6-2011 by MapMistress because: left out a word

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join