It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets and the Paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Cheers neighbor! I am in Sevier county and was just in Knoxville today. Actually I am in Knoxville almost everyday. LOL. My dogs are acting fine but will monitor their behavior for any peculiarities. We had that small earthquake in Dandridge several years back at like 2 in the morning and I was up doing a puzzle (yes I lead a boring life) anyway I felt it here on Chapman Highway rattled the windows but nothing big. Dogs did bark but that was after the fact not before.

I would do as others have suggested and take him to the vet to make sure he is in good health. If that is ruled out then it very well could be that your dog does sense a spirit in the house. How long have you lived in your home? Do you know any of the history regarding the home or the land it was built on? Are you doing or have you recently done any remodeling in your home? I have heard that remodeling can bring out the spirits.

The behavior your dog is having would have me concerned too. My mind would run wild with speculation. Like if he is staring at a wall and it's not a spirit could there be something electrical going wrong behind the wall and a fire ready to start? Is there an animal under the house? Animals have very keen senses. And I believe they can sense stuff that we can't see. Dog's can detect a seizure about to happen in their owner, they can detect drugs in the airport or bomb making materials. So yes they can sense spirits. If you have a video camera you could set it up and tape him while you are not there just to see what his behavior is when he is totally alone. I don't have one only one on my digital camera otherwise I would loan it. I don't think it would tape for hours on end and that sounds like what you need. Anyway keep us informed and feel free to U2U me anytime.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SavannahJane

When he first started doing this a couple of years ago, I was taking pictures and recording video, but I never caught anything. I will start again though. As for history of the house, my family is the second owner. Before this neighborhood was built, this area was a large farm. I am not aware of anything bad happening here, but I will start to research.

It is 9:30 PM here, so I guess it is a good time for an update. First off, I have just realized that you all don't even know his name: Chewie. Anyway, it has been storming most of the day today, and the weather is forecast to get even worse tomorrow. I got home at 2, to find Chewie sitting at the door waiting for me. Up until now, the day passed with him being relatively calm, especially for there being a storm outside. As I began writing this, however, he started to pace and shake. He has since flopped down on my bed and gone to sleep. Since I am trying to take a scientific approach, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this; He probably heard the storm rolling in. This is actually one of the first days in a while he hasn't been acting odd. Maybe he knows I am documenting it and he's deliberately being difficult.

Thank you to everyone who has shown support and given advice.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are two possibilities here: Either he is becoming senile and his behavior is evidence of that. Or, he's seeing something that you are not.

Being a dog lover, I've had experience with both. Years ago, a 5 year old Westie that I had started acting weird: hiding constantly, shaking when there was nothing there to frighten him, and following me around the house wherever I went. It turned out he had a mental disorder and he ended up dying a few days later from a grand mal seizure.

More recently, my dog Duncan AND my dog Duff have been staring at 'things' that I can't see. I'll be lying in my bed at night and I'll notice that both dogs are staring into the other side of the bedroom, their heads moving as if following something with their eyes...

So in the first instance, the dog's behavior was because he was sick, and in the second... Well, I think they are actually seeing something that I'm unable to see.

Animals are neat like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Chewie. What a cute name! Well one thing is for sure we did get it worse around here in this area. Storms were very bad for Knoxville today and the flash flooding got bad quick. My aunt lost her car in this today coming home from Alcoa Highway. How is your dog today? I wonder if he sensed this was coming? Very unusual for this area. I can't remember it ever being this bad on the flooding. Hope all is well with your furbaby today.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

HI

One of my dogs is always staring up in the corner of the ceiling in a similar way to the dog in poltergeist the movie, as though he sees something we don't, doesn't help the fact that the spot he is interested in is directly above where i sleep!

edit on 28-2-2011 by bonesofinsanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
good thread

i have heard a lot about how animals can see and sense things that humans cannot not being a dog owner i have never actually seen this for myself but i have read about it and know of people who it has happened to, my cousins own two black labs and they say this happens to there dogs almost everyday...very interesting indeed

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Interesting topic here! I have experienced something similar. It happened about 8 years ago in my living room - i have a good memory. At the time i had 2 dogs, i was sitting with my family - brother, mom and dad, when my dogs started barking at the top of the wall (where the ceiling meets the wall). They weren't just barking in one place but they seemed to be following it around the room. The barking eventually stopped (this only happended once). The thing is my family are all sceptics and they probably don't even remember it happening! I have quite a few interesting stories and i think i have some sort of gift to sense strange things but i can't post anything yet

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

After reading your post, especially about animals sensing illness in their owners, I thought those on this thread might enjoy reading this thread about animals as healers....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure there are people who have stories to share, and I have some frustration with ATS because they don't have an animal forum where situations such as the OP's or anything having to do with our fur babies can be viewed and accessed by everyone (I've repeatedly asked for this!).

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Thank you. I will read that thread!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yeah, the weather was awful yesterday. I had to drive my car through one spot of water that got up to my door. He held up pretty well last night, actually a lot better than I expected.

So, about an hour ago (4:30 PM), Chewie started his shaking, panting, and staring into the laundry room. I immediately looked outside: It was completely bright, and sunny, almost no clouds in the sky. I went outside, and there was nothing going on that I could see or hear. I also took some pictures. Unfortunately my digital camera was acting up, so I had to use my phone.

The first one I used my flash:

Second, with the lights on:

And the last one. He was staring straight ahead at the wall where he normally does, until he heard me behind him:

You might have noticed his ears are laid back all the way. He only does this when he is afraid or nervous.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Zezima because: Switched to links instead of embedded pictures

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Glad to hear you weathered the storm. Good pictures but I don't see anything except what you pointed out and that is his ears laid back. And yes that is definitely a sign when they are scared. I don't know what to think. Have you checked behind the washer and dryer to make sure there aren't any signs of an animal? Like mouse droppings or something? Was the washer or dryer on? Very weird. And I would be freaking out if it were me because I don't like to be scared. And if the dog senses something well you know let the freak out session begin. LOL.

edit on 1-3-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Also his tail looks tucked. Is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I thought about a mouse or something like that, so I pulled the washer and dryer out. I didn't find anything back there. The washer and dryer were both off. Yeah, his tail is tucked in. I actually didn't notice that, thanks for poiting that out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

If he seems to be going in there and staring often you really, really need to setup the video camera. If that is where he is looking just put it up in there where you were positioned and leave it on while you aren't there to see if there is any activity going on. You may not catch anything paranormal but will be interesting to see what he is up to when he is alone. I am very curious because he does look scared in the last picture. Poor thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I will definitely do this before I leave for class tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Just wanted to check to see if you were able to video tape? If so did the video reveal anything? How is Chewie acting now?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zezima

Wow and that earthquake happened on the 11th,they say upto 2 weeks prior to event,freaky
How's the dog now?has she settled down since?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
poor puppy!! i had a cat go nuts one night during what I can only describe as...well I don't know what to describe it as. I woke up feeling like I was vibrating with static hissing in my ear. I was asleep in the living. Then I hear my cat go nuts in the kitchen. Shortly after I see 2 short blobs darker that the shadows surrounding them run from the kitchen to the bedroom. I was too terrified to investigate.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It has been well know that animals are way more sensitive to the paranormal and stuff than we are. The only speculation I can offer at this point is that it's not a mental disorder or anything of the like. For one, it's repetative. 4:30pm every day. Illnesses are like that, they're spontaneous.

Another, in the pictures you took, the dog looks really scared, and is staring at the wall in both fear and anger I think. You should definitly record that area for a few hours, see if you can spot anything unusual or the like. A few of the other suggestions are good ones, seeing a vet is very important as well.

Also, a few posts back, you said you put your dog in a clinic for a week or so? Did he act up like he did at home? If not you can rule out disease as a cause and than that's where it gets tricky.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am a big believer that animals are in touch with the paranormal, for example, I once had a white cat that was completely deaf. This cat would jump on top of the pull out sofa I sleep on every morning around the same time and bat at something that was clearly over my head, then calmly fall asleep, at which point, I knew I was ok.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join