It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powering Your Weapons.... via Navy training...inspired by ATS live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am listening to ATS live... For the statement made on the Sound based weapons I have to politely disagree...

Here is the quick way to put this out... Your weapons described are not immpossible to power... far from it.....

First the sonar weapon descirbed is basically this...

Transducer

This article is about transducers in physics. For transducers in computer science, see Finite state transducer
A transducer is a device that converts one type of energy to another. The conversion can be to/from electrical, electro-mechanical, electromagnetic, photonic, photovoltaic, or any other form of energy. While the term transducer commonly implies use as a sensor/detector, any device which converts energy can be considered a transducer.

follow most of the links here where you want to further what you study... I am giving a quick breakdown...

This produces high intensity vibrations... you can control its direction and the intensity...

If you ever visit a US Navy ship in port.... do NOT fall in the water... you may die..

Now that this is covered the only problem that I have seen is bad maintenance... Most of the time a transducer went out the amount of power that went through was to high or contacts inside got a bug/garbage in it.

it was mostly the latter.. mostly

Now to the power... I guess I want to explain how easy it is to get the power you need to a certain level I have never heard of a limit only transmision or material available not generation...

You can use this...

Transformer

A transformer is a static device that transfers electrical energy from one circuit to another through inductively coupled conductors—the transformer's coils. A varying current in the first or primary winding creates a varying magnetic flux in the transformer's core and thus a varying magnetic field through the secondary winding. This varying magnetic field induces a varying electromotive force (EMF) or "voltage" in the secondary winding. This effect is called mutual induction.

You can step up current or step it down... And it is the same as with the voltage (step up or down)

it will not cause any lowering of the other if I remember correctly... So power is not your issue...

They work on this idea

Electromagnatic induction

Electromagnetic induction is the production of voltage across a conductor moving through a magnetic field. It underlies the operation of generators, all electric motors, transformers, induction motors, synchronous motors, solenoids, and most other electrical machines.

For those at my level of intelligence... to things with stuff around more on one then the other and viola more of something... gotta read better translation... been a few years...

The only actual problem is load carrying capacities of the materials... I cant remember the term but its ability to handle high currents or high voltage...

To sum this up last I read the present publically available materials could carry the loads since before the fifties... This is by my understanding no means fact... I have also been told no it is the seventies... The military has had the material ability since the thirties... (think early diesel subs....)

Also note the advances that the tesla generators brought as well as the alternator...

Yes the power to build all the weapons has been their a long time....

So all the parts have been there for the sonic weapons on the power side...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For those curious... the main use of the systems...

Sonar

Sonar (originally an acronym for SOund Navigation And Ranging) is a technique that uses sound propagation (usually underwater, as in Submarine navigation) to navigate, communicate with or detect other vessels. Two types of technology share the name "sonar": passive sonar is essentially listening for the sound made by vessels; active sonar is emitting pulses of sounds and listening for echoes. Sonar may be used as a means of acoustic location and of measurement of the echo characteristics of "targets" in the water. Acoustic location in air was used before the introduction of radar. Sonar may also be used in air for robot navigation, and SODAR (an upward looking in-air sonar) is used for atmospheric investigations. The term sonar is also used for the equipment used to generate and receive the sound. The acoustic frequencies used in sonar systems vary from very low (infrasonic) to extremely high (ultrasonic). The study of underwater sound is known as underwater acoustics or hydroacoustics.

Adding as a note the US military have a LOT of people already trained in the use and operation of any of the equipment this weapon may use

Sonar Technician

Sonar Technician (abbreviated as ST) is a United States Navy occupational rating.

SoM - Soundman: Pay grades 2c and 3c established 1942; pay grades C and 1c established 1943;

SoMH - Soundman (Harbor Defense)

SO - Sonarman: 1943-1964; SOG - Sonarman (Sonar); SOH - Sonarman (Harbor Defense)

ST- Sonar Technician: 1964–present; STG- Sonar Technician (Surface); STS- Sonar Technician (Submarine)

ST's are responsible for underwater surveillance. They assist in safe navigation and aid in search, rescue and attack operations. They operate and repair sonar equipment. ST's track underwater threats and send tracks to fire control (antisubmarine warfare controlling station) operator (ASWCS)for further evaluation and or destruction.

The can operate, repair, rebuild, and defend the same weapon you describe.. All the prerequirements are there...

The Men
The Power
The Equipment....

So yes, it is more a matter of time not if

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am going to deviate a little bit but I want to put this one here...

The issue with these

Improvised Explosive Device

An improvised explosive device (IED), also known as a roadside bomb, is a homemade bomb constructed and deployed in ways other than in conventional military action. It may be constructed of conventional military explosives, such as an artillery round, attached to a detonating mechanism.

From the Navy's own supply room in san diego, their are enough SPARE transducers to build devices to destroy 90% of the IED's in both places... and the rest of the parts to build it is in the supply room... The men who do it are also their....

You have a case of the material, men, and the know how.... not being used properly or completely ignored....

Lives could be saved and it could be done with what we have... Whats worse is that they know...

The power systems fit easily into the back of jeeps and humvee's....

my next post here is some of the weapons I have seen mentioned....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Sonic Weapons

Sonic Weapon

Sonic and ultrasonic weapons (USW) are weapons of various types that use sound to injure, incapacitate, or kill an opponent. Some sonic weapons are currently in limited use or in research and development by military and police forces. Others exist only in the realm of science fiction. Some of these weapons have been described as sonic bullets, sonic grenades, sonic mines, or sonic cannons. Some make a focused beam of sound or ultrasound; some make an area field of sound. Although many real sonic and ultrasonic weapons are described as "non-lethal", they can still kill under certain conditions.

further down

Extremely high-power sound waves can disrupt and/or destroy the eardrums of a target and cause severe pain or disorientation. This is usually sufficient to incapacitate a person. Less powerful sound waves can cause humans to experience nausea or discomfort. The use of these frequencies to incapacitate persons has occurred both in counter-terrorist and crowd control settings.

The possibility of a device that produces frequency that causes vibration of the eyeballs — and therefore distortion of vision — was apparently confirmed by the work of engineer Vic Tandy[1][2] while attempting to demystify a “haunting” in his laboratory in Coventry. This “spook” was characterised by a feeling of unease and vague glimpses of a grey apparition. Some detective work implicated a newly installed extractor fan that, Tandy found, was generating infrasound of 18.9 Hz, 0.3 Hz, and 9 Hz.

In 2005 BBC reported that the crew of the cruise ship Seabourn Spirit used a long range acoustic device (LRAD) to deter pirates who chased and attacked the ship [3]. More commonly this device and others of similar design have been used to disperse protesters and rioters in crowd control efforts. A similar system is called a "magnetic acoustic device".[4]

The BBC reported in Oct 2006 on a 'mobile' sonic device which is being used in Grimsby, Hull and Lancashire and is designed to deter teenagers from lingering around shops in target areas. The device works by emitting an ultra-high frequency blast (around 19–20 kHz) that teenagers or people under approximately 20 are susceptible to and find uncomfortable. Age-related hearing loss apparently prevents the ultra-high pitch sound from causing a nuisance to those in their late twenties and above, though this is wholly dependent on a young person's exposure to high sound pressure levels.

During the 2009 G20 summit in Pittsburgh, police used sound cannons against protestors.[5]

some videos

Yes sound is a weapon and watch the vids and see if you can follow the power sources...

The LRAD is among the simplest I have seen... none what they claim is new or outstanding... it seems obvious because it is....

The secret for your sound weapons will be power....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I could make a sound weapon that would freeze you solid stiff, there alot of weapons out there you know nothing about, there a wearhouse full of experiments. Closet weapons back up redudant.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CIGGSofWAR

you have my full attention....

freezing from sound based weapons.... I am completely intrigued .....

I am short on time...today... I would love to hear of such devices....

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
commercial acoustic weapons are sold and used by commercial shipping as anti-pirate defense. these weapons systems have been available for quite a few years now, and the commercial grade ones are designed to disorient/disable targets. In theory increasing power output could cause more serious effects to targets.
Acoustic platforms can be seen in use, in the Whale Wars TV show.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rcubed1080

can you dig up the footage you are refering to...

Ps...

the defenses are in process of being built..... against sonar.....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is some footage easily found off of Youtube showing use of LRAD systems
the first is from whale wars, the second is a promo by an LRAD manufacture, and finally at the G20 in Pennsylvania, US

I take it your not looking for info on the LRAD, could you provide a link to the statement on the sound weapon system you are trying to find out more about?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
cant wait for people to just start bringing ear plugs to protests so LEO can know they wasted (im assuming) millions on these LRAD's

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

Earplugs/phones provide little to no protection to these devices

new topics

top topics

join