It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God? brings the end of the world, and the Mayans predicted it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hmm, well the last day of school, my crazy English teacher gave the whole class hundreds of papers stapled together that had information on the New World Order and secret societies and how they all tied in to events that have happened in the past. she also gave us one sheet of paper predicting the end of the world and how it ties into God and stuff.

Ya so seven feast days are supposed to happen in this time of God(dont really know what to call it). 4 have already happened, Passover, Christ Entombed, Easter, and Pentecost. The fifth is the Feast of Trumpets. It sayd that those redeemed by christ, living or dead, will be taken into heaven in the twinkling of an eye.

Then my teacher goes on saying this stuff.(it kind of rambles on around different subjects but you'll see the point.)

'This is to occur Seven Years before Christ physically returns to the Earth in His Second Coming. The US government has been working on UFOs for years. One was just sighted in Texas in May. The 'Patriot Act' is both illegal and unconstituttional; many senators have tried to have it rescinded. Little has been heard about Osama Bin Laden since Sept 911. Many believe Bush and his crew caused 911 as a coup d' etat of America. If another so called 'terrorist attack' occurs, we will immediatly become a "Police State" and Bush will be our dictator. I do not believe that we will have another presidential election. I believe some crisis will occur such as the Rapture where Christians from all over the earth will vanish from the earth to meet Christ in the air as stated in the bible. If this happens utter chaos will occur. Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger in an address to the Bilderberger organization meeting in Evian, France on May 21, 1992 declared. "Today Americans would be outraged if UN troops entered Los Angelos to restore order; tommorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very exsitence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. when presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by their world government. A plausible explanation Bush might use when Christians disapear all over the world that it is an 'Alien attack' by UFOS. People will panic and demand the government to do something about it. Bush and his cohorts will be more than happy to respond with military police actions. Dont believe the government, Bush, cheney, or Kerry or other leaders if they tell you the UFO story. Their goal is world domination along with other European nations. Whatever happens, DO NOT TAKE the number 666 on your right hand or forehead. Thsi is the number of the Antichrist of a one-world government according to the Bible in Revelations. Perhaps the government will demand microchips or vaccines, don't take those either. If the government pushes to have guns registered, remember that Hitler, Staling, and Castro did the same to their people and look at what happened to them. If you are left behind, start stocking up on survival supplies and get ready for the worst seven years to come. christ said that He would be gone Two Days. To the Lord, a thousand years is like a day. Christ has been gone for two days. This year is the Leap Year, and the next Leap Year is in seven years. When Christ comes it must be a Leap Year. Why? The last battle of the world is the Battle of Armageddon. So many people will die that extra time will be needed to bury the dead before the Feast of the Atonement. If you don't want to go through seven years of 'hell' on Earth, the time of "Jacobs Trouble, then you should ask Jesus to come into your life and heart before this September. If my calculations are wrong, at least you have a biblical idea of what is to come. May god be with you, yours, mind, and me.'

That is what SHE said. Not me. So dont trash me if you reply and disagree, trash her. She retired this year. Lol she would have been fired anyway for this.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Oh and the Mayan part is that the Mayans end their calander in 2012 and thats when she predicted the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Standard ignorance......Oh not the teacher, those who would fire her for trying to help you. If you don't get anything else from what she told you, I hope you have learned to open your eyes and at least ask why things are the way they are. Listen to the whispers, even the whole John Tittor thing hints at some truth that you may or may not be open to understanding. Look at your world and then look back on the world of your grandparents. What happened? Draw your own conclusions. It is ironic that many of the things that have and will happen are documented in the bible, but most choose to call it fiction. Do your own research. Even if there is only a slim chance that we all have souls, and we could be sent to hell for our stupidity, it is worth a little thought to save yourself. Isn't it?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do you go to a private school or a public school? Has your teacher talked about John Titor? Don't be too worried, only God knows the time and date of the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Lol i dont think she could pull that off in a public school
I have heard the same thing about the mayan calander ending in 2012, and this being credible because the mayans predicted so many things or something...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My question is: Did the Mayans "predict" the end of the entire world (everything), or just the "world" in which they lived in (their geographic area)? Were they thinking in global terms? Did their culture show evidence of thinking in global terms?

Here is a link explaining the Mayan calendar and supposedly debunking the 2012 end-of-days date. It's much too dense for me to puzzle out but maybe somebody can glean an answer from it. The site also has Mayan texts such as creation myths, other stuff, maybe something can be found in that.
www.sacred-texts.com...

btw, if I had received a memo like that from my teacher, that would have been the coolest thing. But the parents would have had her fired like the very next day.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ya i thought it was pretty cool...thats what got me interested and now im here at this website reading the stuff...but it was a public school...the very last day of school after exams...many parents wrote into the school..but she retired anyway...kind of..now shes working at a private school...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
cool stuff............kind of similar to those sisters in portugal I think, who were visited by mary. They said christ will purge evil from the world or something, weird stuff. Those true to god will be saved or something.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That link was... Interesting? That "scientist" must have taken one too many 'Ludes or something...

He claims the E.T.s want to destroy Earth because, in his words, "They're afraid of human creativity and our unique ways of problem solving."

Some humans will be saved, and Johnson says many are already being abducted to other planets to be used as super computers.

If these "Aliens" are capable of interplanetary travel, WHY on Earth would they want to use a HUMAN (who has NOT mastered anything so technologically advanced) as a supercomputer?

Somehow I think that September 29 will come and go without so much as a blip on the radar.

Edit for typos because my brain goes faster than my fingers.

[edit on 7-19-2004 by andhow]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Actually, no, the Mayans didn't predict much of anything. There was a prediction about Quetzalcoatl (which Cortez took advantage of), but not the end of the world.

We will have reached the last date carved on their great stone calendar. It's as significant as reaching the last page on your yearly paper calendar. Had the civilization and culture survived intact, they'd have been carving a new calendar and planning festivals to celebrate the changeover.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It baffles me as to how they come up with these dates!

I went to a catholic school and learned a lot about Christ and bible studies. If the bible is correct, are we to take it literally? Think about it for a time, why is there so few texts about Christ? If he was such a figure you might have more than 4 new testaments (Remember Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were all fishermen and blue collar workers- and they could read and write) Taking that into account the bible was 'put together' 300 years (give or take) after Christ, you think they made a few date errors? (Have you ever played telephone game- you get my drift)

Now take the Mayans- let's suppose they are much smarter than us, that the world is going to end in 2012. Maybe, just maybe the world AS WE KNOW IT is going to end. There is a load of diffrence between these two comments.
And is the world as we know it such a good place? We are overpopulated, polluting, and careless to each other among other things. I love this world, not so much as we have made it but how nature has made it. Would it really be such a bad thing to have end, this world that we made? Yes, sure it means change and learning- but that is exciting/dynamic. It is terrible and exciting at the same time. Sort of like giving birth- you are scared/nervous but very excited, you don't know if either of you will survive but it's too late now. You still have hope through it all.
Someone asked me if I knew when I was going to die what would I do diffrently- I told them- they asked why am I not doing it now.

LO

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, no, the Mayans didn't predict much of anything. There was a prediction about Quetzalcoatl (which Cortez took advantage of), but not the end of the world.

Yes Byrd is right, back home were I am from in Puerto Rico we study these ancient civilizations more than here in US, and the prediction of the Mayan actually was the end of their civilization (Mayan) that was their predictions were all about, because Christianity took over the beliefs of the descendants most of this predictions became the end of the world predictions to match bible beliefs.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I will have to read the posts again to find out why you don't think that 2012 could be the end to this world from a christian perspective. This is actually the year that a lot of christians do think the world as we know it will end and usher in the 1000 years of Christ. Its all about the numbers and how you use them. I know some christians dont believe that the end will occur for another 1000 years or so, but you really have to look at the signs and remember that only a few will actually be able to discern the bible and understand its wisdom. Now about Christ only being mentioned a few times. If you look in the old testemant and read it understanding that Christ is referred to as a lamb and sometimes a tree, then you will see that he is mentioned hundreds of times. Even the books that are biblical, but not in the bible refer to this lamb that will be the savior. If you want a good read about the reallity of the bible, read the books of Enoch. I dont have a link, but you can google it and get a lot of results. This is real good bible stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
See you in 2013 and you can wipe my ass, the world doesn't end in 2012

See www.#God.net for details

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A big "thumbs down" on the attitude there buddy...

You sound like you need a nap!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ummm,... I'm not quite sure but I don't think the Mayans predicted the "End of the World" on their calander,... The Mayan Calander just happens to run out or come to an end on December 21, 2012 (The Winter Solstice),... it's never said what will happen,... but just because some thing man made runs out, doesn't nessessarily mean that the rest of the world goes with it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpamBurger
www.ncbuy.com...

That was an interesting posting especially in the light of the NEO Toutatis that is supposed to make its closest approach to Earth in over 300 years. This will also take place on 29 September 2004.

I am not going to repeat all that has been said about Toutatis and its potential for hitting Earth or not, everybody feels its not going to hit and there are numerous threads on ATS in this regard.

Here is a more scientific article about it.
www.space.com...

Or the Nostradamus prediction:
Every four years an asteroid named Toutatis passes uncomfortably close to the earth. This elongated rock -- which measures nearly a mile across -- also possesses another feature of interest: it rolls end over end in a tumbling motion. It is the only near-earth planetoid that behaves in this manner, eerily similar to the "mountain" that "rolls long" in Quatrain 1.69.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I hope you wrong About Taoutatis.....I think it takes longer than 4yrs for Taoutatais to make its Trek........Taoutatis is eractic thats the Major Prolem I have herd Theorys if it does not hit earth...That is could hit Mars.....and MAYBE.....hopefully with any luck Float Harmlessly out of our solar system

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
I hope you wrong About Taoutatis

Nope. It will pass by us this September.

Taoutatis is eractic thats the Major Prolem
I don't think the astronomical definition of "erratic" means what you think it does. It's not going to head off in a completely new direction, violating the laws of physics.

I have herd Theorys if it does not hit earth...That is could hit Mars.....and MAYBE.....hopefully with any luck Float Harmlessly out of our solar system

It's a little bitty thing compared to the planets. If it hits a planet, it's going to stay on the planet and not go wandering off anywhere else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join