It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible flying car in the land down under!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have read allot of Google links about a satellite photo of a flying car that was captured over a small area of land in a park in Perth Australia.the photo shows a shape that matches that of a car in Google maps.the vehicle in question appears to be hovering off the ground casting a shadow.another image of a flying car appears on Google maps shortly after the first flying car photo but in a different area in the same park.could the Australians have a flying car that work's like the flying cars from those futuristic Hollywood movies?the area of this sighting has been investigated and there is no evidence to say this was a mounted prop that is maid to look like a levitating car.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
any links to this information?

interesting, but wed like to know more.........help us out

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Please show links...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

if you do a simple Google search in images for flying car in Perth Australia you will find it.a British news paper was the first i read about this.forgot what the name of that news paper Co. was.but it was an online article.

edit on 26-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yawnnnn, but i am too lazy to do an investigation and the OP does not give any incentive to look.
Hey i wanna know if the Snuffleuffagus is real please google it for me, kthxbai.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
the first article i read about this "flying car in Australia" was on an online news article called the register.a British news paper that posts online articles as well as paper articles.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
the first article i read about this "flying car in Australia" was on an online news article called the register.a British news paper that posts online articles as well as paper articles.

Is this it?

Source: www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

THE Terrafugia Transition, a light aircraft that can convert into a road-legal automobile, is to go into production after being given a special weight exemption by the US Federal Aviation Administration.
The Transition was designed as a "light sport" aircraft, the smallest kind of private aeroplane allowed under FAA classification, with a maximum weight of 1,320lb, reports The Register.

But the manufacturers found it impossible to fit the safety features - airbags, crumple zones and roll cage, for instance - that are required for road vehicles into that weight.

Uniquely, however, the FAA has granted the Transition an exemption - allowing it to be classified as a light sport aircraft despite being 120lb over the limit.

Light sport aircraft licences require just 20 hours' flying time, making them much easier to obtain than full private licences.

The two-seater Transition can use its front-wheel drive on roads at ordinary highway speeds, with wings folded, at 12.75km per litre. Once it has arrived at a suitable take-off spot - an airport, or adequately sized piece of flat private land - it can fold down the wings, engage its rear-facing propellor, and take off. The folding wings are electrically powered.

Its cruising speed in the air is 185kmh, 115mph, it has a range of 740km, and it can carry 200kg. It requires a 0.5kg-long runway to take off and can fit in a standard garage

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
yea i read about the new terrafugia.
cool car/airplane.but what i saw was very different.it seems to use some form of anti gravity levitation technology.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hmmm... I googled it and then I had a sneaking suspicion that I knew where a "flying car" was close to where I live. Sure enough here it is, In Charlestown, Indiana.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5797a759ed26.jpg[/atsimg]

Although it looks similiar to to the Australia ones, The one I posted has a very simple explanation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35bdab4c8da3.jpg[/atsimg]

I dont know if these are what you are seeing in Australia, but as soon as a saw the photos, I immediately thought about this.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Upon further inspection of the Australian "flying car", I am pretty sure it is not a car on a post, like the one I posted above. The current google earth view doesn't show it, and neither does the street view. I have no idea why it looks like that.

the photo in question

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

good work!i was actually reading about another possible explanation for this.giant car balloons!yes they have them.they are full sized replicas of cars with a balloon flotation system underneath.you can see this on you tube.some dude got one and rigged some small R.C.aircraft rotors on it to give it the effect of flying.it would appear as a flying car on a satellite.just a thought....
edit on 26-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

im not 100% on the balloon car thing,but its the best explanation i can think of.there's still a slim chance this could be a flying car that someone in Perth Australia decided to build in their home laboratory/garage.who knows.i looked into it and there wasn't much info on someone flying a car balloon out there.its an explanation but it is not a conclusive one yet.

edit on 27-2-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Interesting. It does look like a levitating car in both your fotos.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What a lame thread
I am going for a temporary water tank used for compaction on new roads
and I live in Perth WA

What else you think it was a flying car, gee this really is lame, sorry

Wal

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

hehehe well i thought it was kind of cool that someone might have a flying car.how is Perth WA anyway?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Nah it's not a water tank, it's two cars parked next to each other, ones dark and looks like a shadow.

The same thing can be seen in the car park above, there's three maybe four dark cars that look like shadows too.

edit on 27/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I whant one!
I'm sick of beeing stuck in "traffic" !

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

why do you think i want a flying car?!being in traffic waists fuel.my ideal flying car would be like the Delorean from back to The Future part 2 with the hover conversion system they got from the year 2015.that would be fun to fly.who ever is working on this Australian flying car is on the right track towards something like that!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
That's what i call a hellicopter or airplane,i call them flying cars.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

guess I'll buy from aliens some used saucer ...
humans are too slow

edit on 27-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join