It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to beef up defences with $650 bn spend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
In the 80s Russia continued to provide for survival after a Nuke attack with projects like Yamatu mountain complex 30,000 workers and estimated to be 1000s of km.
Reports are that Putin has extended transport links there with a metro line from Red Square.

Oh, lol, I hope you are joking. Just look up where Moscow and Yamantau are. There is probably something there, there are certailnly secret metro lines in Moscow (some of which belong to ex-KGB, and some - to MoD), but I doubt Russia has an underground subway line that stretches several thousand kilometres .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That's a lot of money to spend!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist

Originally posted by martin3030
In the 80s Russia continued to provide for survival after a Nuke attack with projects like Yamatu mountain complex 30,000 workers and estimated to be 1000s of km.
Reports are that Putin has extended transport links there with a metro line from Red Square.

Oh, lol, I hope you are joking. Just look up where Moscow and Yamantau are. There is probably something there, there are certailnly secret metro lines in Moscow (some of which belong to ex-KGB, and some - to MoD), but I doubt Russia has an underground subway line that stretches several thousand kilometres .

It's not exactly scarce information.

The Yamantau complex is estimated to be the largest man-made tunnel project noticed by the public, sometimes quoted as 400 square miles. Russia has been building a lot of superbunkers (which are much deeper and complex than regular bunkers) for decades, so it's not too hard to accept that there is an underground tunnel between Yamantau and the Kremlin.

Hell, the subway lines in Moscow are right on top of Stalin's war bunker from WWII, and this is all besides the massive underground networks that have been under Moscow for hundreds of years.

<< 1   >>

join