It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the difinition of a chemtrail?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You are wrong Weedwhacker. Governments HAVE done experiments on unsuspecting civilian populations. Quit spreading disinfo,and ignorance,to speed or push your agenda. Its old.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is correct. Your photo of a helicopter, in Vietnam, spraying "Agent Orange".

So, your point? Go to any of the most popular "chem"-trail websites today, and what do you see? Go to "Carnicorn". Look on YouTube. What do they show as "evidence" of "chem"-trails?

DO they show cloud seeding? Helicopters spraying for pests? Crop dusters??

Just make sure you have your descriptions clear. Pay attention to the REAL "disinfo" out there. It ain't coming from me. It comes from the sorts who try to tell you that normal, innocent contrails are some "secret plane" from above.

It comes from those who misunderstand, and exaggerate activities in the past...that were conducted either with consent, or on those not told, but with benign substances (or, thought to be benign at the time).

Paranoia is rampant, and the fear mongering is excessive, and it is a waste of energy and angst.....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Its the ability to think outside the box,and recognize our governments do support nefarious studies,projects,that YOU,and ME,and practically the rest of the world,have NO clue whats in the details. I am 100% sure those spraying,and those getting sprayed with Agent Orange,were told they had NOTHING to worry about.They are still paying the price,but imagine those who were dead set to CLAIM nothing was wrong,and all is well,and "your imagining it,and its all in your head" mentality.Being critical,and being ignorant are two different things. You tend to merge it all in one. You already know some of the secret programs that the Governments of the world have done on its people. I have decided to take the blinds off,and see the world,for what it is. You are still stuck on claiming all is well. It isnt. FACT: GOVERNMENTS LIE. If you claim they dont,then this will be the LAST post,and LAST discussion I ever have with you.Since I am highly critical,I have to be critical of the ones who are saying,"nothing is happening",just as well as I have to be critical from the ones who say "it is".

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And what is the direct cause of you to mistrust the governments? Were you affected by any of the tests? Were they done in an area you lived in? What was used? What was the reason for the test? Do you have direct evidence that these programs are being run today?

I have no reason to mistrust the government over this kind of activity. It's an emperical question--there is either a "chem-" to contrails or there is not.
There are no tests done well (good science method applied) from anywhere in the world (the study of the atmosphere is a worldwide matter of inquiry) that show anything like is claimed by the usual litany of "chemtrailers". How do you account for that?
Millions of people would have to be involved, and there is no credible whistle-blower. How do you account for that?
Entire fleets of planes would be needed to spray just the daily crop of YouTube videos. Where are they flying to and from?
Anything "sprayed" will be blown by the wind, yet people claim daily they are being targeted. How do you fit the reality of wind into the conspiracy?
Anything sprayed will be of such a small size it creates an aerosol. The terminal velocity of particles small enough to be in an aerosol at the altitude where the trails would mean that nothing "sprayed" would reach the ground for at least 24 hours, not accounting in wind or updrafts. How do you account for the "chemtrailers" claims of seeing trails and getting headaches, nausea, and all manners of respiratory problems?
The common "chemtrailer" belief is that a contrail cannot persist for more than a few minutes, yet clouds do for hours. How do you account for that?

I happen to live in a city that was sprayed by the USMil in the late 1950's. The area of spray included the school I went to from K thru 6th grade. The material used was inert, something traceable, only to judge the spread of something sprayed under the same conditions. It was not done to induce illness or harm in any way. It was secret because it was the Cold War. Face it, anything done by the government or military during the Cold War was secret. It's a matter of national defense. Every government in the world throughout the entire history of civilization has had it's secrets and done things that hindsight now shows were not good ideas. Why? Because we are all human and will make mistakes. Does that mean I distrust the government now? No. I know history. I follow the laws of the land, pay my taxes, participate in the census, vote.......all the things a citizen of any nation will do. Having the freedoms we do doesn't mean a total lack of government intervention into our lives. Don't do anything wrong, be a good citizen, and you'll never hear from the government except for taxes and jury duty. Why is that bad? The world you see as perfect is far from any reality anywhere on the world now or in the past outside of communities completely cut off from others. Surprise! The internet changed all of that.

What is a "chemtrail"? It's an paranoid delusion, proferred by people who use other's lack of knowledge for financial gain; the claim is that condensation trails left by high-altitude flight contain some unknown chemical being supplied in aerosol to produce an unknown effect for an unknown reason. No credible evidence has ever been found to support the claims.

edit on 26-2-2011 by stars15k because: clarity

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It comes from those who misunderstand, and exaggerate activities in the past...that were conducted either with consent, or on those not told, but with benign substances (or, thought to be benign at the time).

Paranoia is rampant, and the fear mongering is excessive, and it is a waste of energy and angst.....

That's pure and simple crap....
The government has knowingly harmed many unsuspecting people...

Heck, even here in Australia the damned US guys were in full protective gear while they had poor aussies in shorts cleaning down radioactive planes...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

"And what is the direct cause of you to mistrust the governments?"

I am truly at a loss of words to that statement. DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok, so I am back. I watched Mars Attacks with the kids..lol..I know but it is a funny movie...
(I am sorry for the spelling error in the headline. I feel like a complete fool for that.)

Before I get into my next question I just wanted to clear up that I am not trying to take anything away from this thread. So I will give the thread it's props, I posted it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There is already so much commotion going on there, that the thread took on a life of its own.
Like these threads do, but you already knew that. I am getting lost in all of the replies and not to mention that the original poster's intentions are long lost.

So here it goes,

We all know that weather modification exists. That is undisputed, I hope..
We all know that that silver iodide and dry ice are used in cloud seeding.

Silver iodide and dry ice (solid carbon dioxide) are the most commonly used substances in cloud seeding.
www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Here is the post by Black on the definition of a chemtrail.(I apologize for misspelling definition in the Headline..loI I just noticed).

Definitions of Chemtrails on the Web:
•The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some contrails are actually chemicals or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public.

We all sit and argue back in forth about the existance of chemtrails. So here is my question weedwhacker.

What are the chances that chemtrails are a direct link to weather modification. Do you think that it is a possibility that the conspiracy started from weather modification. Transformed and taken completely out of text to suit some peoples needs to get attention. Or are these people completely misinformed on the topic. Or are they informed?(I already know what you are going to say weed about the informed part)
I found this on wikipedia. I try not to use wikipedia but here is what it says.

Under the guidelines of the United States Environmental Protection Agency Clean Water Act, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and a toxic pollutant.
Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache, irritation of the mucous membranes, weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression. Chronic inhalation, ingestion or skin contact with silver compounds may cause argyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now I know that I need to find out how much silver iodide is used in cloud seeding. The dosage if you will. I would like to find the dang answer for all of this nonsense. I still try to be in the middle but I am about sold on the weather modification mix-up. I would like to hear your serious reply weedwhacker and anyone else who wants to take a "whack" at it.

Again I aplogize for the spelling in the headline. I feel like a fool. I am sure it will get buried for that.

I have about one hour before I have to go to work for a about four hours and my girlfriend is bit(complaining), so my research time is limited.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Obviously,There is no need to mistrust,as a poster has already stated. No mistrust,pay your taxes,and some Jury duty,ALL is well in the world. I am still taken aback by those who are gullible enough to spread that type of thinking. You wonder why there are SO MANY mindless sheep in the world. The whole point is to question those in power.POWER CORRUPTS !

I dont believe in Chemtrails. Too bad there are those who tell me I have to believe just that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by sonnny1

That is correct. Your photo of a helicopter, in Vietnam, spraying "Agent Orange".

So, your point? Go to any of the most popular "chem"-trail websites today, and what do you see? Go to "Carnicorn". Look on YouTube. What do they show as "evidence" of "chem"-trails?

DO they show cloud seeding? Helicopters spraying for pests? Crop dusters??

Just make sure you have your descriptions clear. Pay attention to the REAL "disinfo" out there. It ain't coming from me. It comes from the sorts who try to tell you that normal, innocent contrails are some "secret plane" from above.

I am sorry you kind of answered my question as I was asking it.

EDIT: That sucks bad. It took me a long time to make that question of a post...lol
edit on 26-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I do not trust the government. But I am still trying to find out if they are that heartless to spray us as posted a thousand times by a thousand posters. My reasons for not trusting the government does not stem from these so called poisonings, but known published lies.
edit on 26-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have to get ready for work and the girlfriend won't get off my back.

I will vist the thread at about 3am or so when I get off work.

Once again sorry for the typo in the headline. I should know better and I am ashamed.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That is not answering my question. Why do you mistrust the government? Just because they've done things in the past, have secrets now (it's called "national security" I think), and will undoubtedly have secrets every moment there is any government anywhere on the earth doesn't lead me to distrust the government. I don't understand that type of thinking, always making yourself out as a "victim" some how because the big government is "bad".
What has the government done that directly effects YOU, not the nation or world as a whole, but YOU directly?
Why live under a cloud of suspicion and fear? That's a choice I choose not to make. Has the USgov ever harmed me anymore than any other citizen? No. That's not a lie, it's not ignorant, it's a fact. I choose to live as a good citizen, I choose to live in the US as opposed to any other country or government on the planet, and I choose to live in a way that makes me happy and am hopefully making my world and the world around me a better place for me being in it.
Hiding in my basement, suspicious of anything .gov or .mil, looking for the "lies" and secrets, thinking you are somehow being impacted directly in a harmful way is a real waste of life and time.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That is not answering my question. Why do you mistrust the government?

I spend over half my life working for the Government and get little in return..
They then have been proven to do nothing but lie..

The question really should be..

"Why would you trust the Government? "

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a chemtrail is what the military sprays on the people to kill them slowly

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MORBlD

Pretty bloody slowly!

Been nearly 20 years since they apparently first appeared.

At this rate I'll die of old age before a chemtrail will kill me!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Posting a video without a personal comment of opinion or relevance??

That video, slick....designed to ASK questions, and leave them dangling. Typical, marketing, ratings, advertisers....empty of any substance, evidence (for the silliest assertions).

What it DID do was state a few facts (contrails are "water"---actually, water ice, but close enough). It made the mistake of saying they "always" dissipate soon after forming. But, unfortunately, in stating the facts of the delusions of "chemmies" (the narrator uses that exact word, LOL!), that is where the 'woo' begins.

"Mind control"??

Silly, silly. Material at seven to eight miles above your head isn't going to "fall down" upon you. The video script even mentions about "accuracy"....pay closer attention to what it doesn't say. It likes to dangle the ridiculous "conspiracy" theories, leave them unchallenged, unrefuted with logic and fact.

Because, reason and evidence completely disprove each and every wild "theory" or "claim" made by those "chemmies".

edit on 27 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Certainly governments have secrets......and they have conducted experiments on populations that would not be tolerated now.....and maybe would not have been tolerated then either.

But, for example, the infamous British experiments spraying stuff was with a chemical they thought was harmless. Early exposures to atomic weapons were often at distances or otehr conditions that were thought to be safe before we knew what we do now.

I am sure this was not always the case - but often is was.

but back to chemtrails - never mind what happened in the past. Contails are highly visible, and there is NOT ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE (in the real term of the word) to show they are anything other than the normal result of combustion of hydrocarbons in a particular set of atmospheric conditions.

NOT ONE.

ther are no samples of dangeroud chemicals or residue from actual contrails, there are no mysterious trucks filling up aircraft, there are no mysterious tanks on board aircraft or spray nozzles, there are no mysterious ingredients in fuel - no, not even STADIS 450 is aprticularly mysterious - and there are no whistleblowers from the hundreds of thoudsands or even millions of people worldwide who would have to be part of it.

And there ARE decades of research saying contrails are contrails.

So when there's some actual evidence let's look at it - until then ...well there's just nothing to look at except contrails in the sky!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by MORBlD

Pretty bloody slowly!

Been nearly 20 years since they apparently first appeared.

At this rate I'll die of old age before a chemtrail will kill me!

That is funny mr wickus.

That deserves a star.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What the government has done to me personally is irrelevant. My line of questioning isnt something new also. I dont want to have to link up the atrocities that have been committed,in the name of peace,and in the name of science throughout the last century,done by Governments(plural).I am also not living in fear,in a basement,or hiding from some unexpected cataclysm. I question everything. I am questioning the line of reasoning you are coming up with. You have already stated that if you pay your taxes,and do a little jury duty,everything is fine in your world. You have NO need to question anything,cause EVERYTHING is fine in your world. For anyone to call out someone for belief,or faiths,or questioning something,because they have no proof,is ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join