It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the difinition of a chemtrail?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First of all I would like to take a minute to explain here. I did a search on ATS for the definition of a chemtrail. There are varying explanations on this topic and each definition is disputed(or it seems).There are hundreds of threads discussing this topic.(or it seems, I did not look at the exact number). Although I know that there are alot of threads discussing this, I wanted this thread devoted to just exactly what the definition of a chemtrail is. So please do not tell me there are hundreds of threads explaining this.

Here is what I would like the mission of this thread to be. Can we get together on this thread in a uniform fashion to discuss exactly what a chemtrail is?

Here is a post that I made on another thread. That led me to making this thread.

I do not think I would classify myself as a chemtrailer. I think that the chemtrailer's are confusing cloud seeding and man intentionally destroying mankind. I am only looking for the proven information regarding such topics. This is where I differ from chemtrailers. I have been looking into what the definition of a chemtrail is and all I find is second hand information that can be labeled as speculation. I have it on google right now.

I am not being dumb here but, I see so many people talking about different ideas for chemtrails. Can someone please give me a definite explanation of a chemtrail? if not definite, what is the accepted definition? I only want to clarify what exactly are we debating here.

Again, I am looking for a definition that we can all agree on. I know I keep repeating this but I know where this thread discussion will go or end up. If you wish to help then, please do, if you wish to troll around and heckle people, I cannot stop you.

I am only looking for the facts involving the definition of a chemtrail. Anything else is off topic in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's a trail of chemicals.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Definitions of Chemtrails on the Web:

•The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some contrails are actually chemicals or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public. ...

www.google.com.au...:Chemtrails&sa=X&ei=GZlpTYmeCtOOcZWHsI8M&ved=0CBUQkAE

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Indeed. Since everything is a chemical, I guess that makes everything a chem-trail.

Therefore Contrails are Chem-Trails. Ironic and hilarious all at once.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Indeed. Since everything is a chemical, I guess that makes everything a chem-trail.

Therefore Contrails are Chem-Trails. Ironic and hilarious all at once.

When I was walking to the store this morning I farted.....Chemtrail!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
to answer one of your points, i think i know where this thread is gonna go... it will most likely die off quickly or will descend into chaos.

im sure your well aware of that aswell..
edit on 26/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here on ATS common contrails, or condensation trails, are classified as chemtrails.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
lol. I can see that this is going to be fun. Thank you for being the first to reply cluck, black, and muzzle. I appreciate the info. Some is funny.

I know that this is a crazy topic to discuss. Thank you for commenting.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
to answer one of your points, i think i know where this thread is gonna go... it will most likely die off or descend into chaos.

im sure your well aware of that aswell..

I am thinking chaos. Which is what I expected totally. I hope to gain some valuable info(if there is a such thing as valuable info on chemtrails).

I guess the off topic reply about the definition is already off the table.lol

EDIT: Which is fine by me. I do not mind the wise cracks. Looking for info.
edit on 26-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: EDIT

edit on 26-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: I keep finding spelling errors.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All I know is that in my neck of the woods, there are days where air traffic seems heavy and persistent contrails are left that develop into cloud cover and I think it's a bit odd.
But my guess is that a chemtrail could have different definitions depending on what is going on in that perticular instance. There is evidence that a varitey of test are being conducted in our skies and I'm sure the public is unaware of most of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

When I first looked, or heard of CT's I thought that it was a plan of TPTB to depopulate the earth. Or that is what I took from the consensus of the replies. I have since seen the CT idea morph into a wider spectrum of explanations. I personally think that cloud seeding is responsible for the CT idea. But who knows?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

There is evidence that a varitey of test are being conducted in our skies...

What "evidence"? That word has an actual meaning, you know. "Chem"-trail believers use it so much, it's become worthless.

IF you were, for even a brief minute, suppose that any "tests" wished to be conducted...and kept secret....where do YOU think this would take place?

Use your brain.....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Chemtrails, n. 1. Actually contrails, visible trails of streaks of condensed water vapor or ice crystals sometimes forming in the wake of an aircraft at high altitudes. Also called vapor trails, mistakenly thought by conspiracy theorists as intentional chemical discharges intended to affect the populace and perpetrated by government. No one has ever identified what kinds of chemicals are being dispersed. No one has ever documented what effects such chemicals may be intended to produce. No one has ever proven that chemtrails are anything but the results of a fertile imagination intent on blaming either a) government, b) The New World Order, c) The Military, d) Space Aliens, e) Reptilians, f) Republicans, g) Glenn Beck (pick one or many) for doing, well, err, SOMEthing to the populace. 2. A pleasant diversion to keep the criminally insane busy and occupied. 3. A topic designed to insure that conspiracy theorists are permanently catgeorized as completely loony by anyone with the least bit of common sense.

Also, see this link: If I see an elephant in a cloud, is it a real elephant?
edit on 2/26/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Well for starters you can hire these guys to do cloud seeding for you.

www.weathermodification.com/index.php

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by IndieA

There is evidence that a varitey of test are being conducted in our skies...

What "evidence"? That word has an actual meaning, you know. "Chem"-trail believers use it so much, it's become worthless.

IF you were, for even a brief minute, suppose that any "tests" wished to be conducted...and kept secret....where do YOU think this would take place?

Use your brain.....

Get outta here weedwhacker..

It's a PROVEN FACT that the government has performed secret tests on people..
It's NOT open to debate...
edit; here's a thread by ATS admin about it..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ancient chemtrails Dino style

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Please continue to discuss this topic. I have to spend a little time with the kids before they go to bed. I will not log off and I will be back to reply when I put them to bed. This is not a hit and run thread so please keep debating.

When I come back I have some specific questions for weedwhacker and the gang.

I hope that you are still logged on in a few hours.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Read through that list more carefully. Did you only look at the headline, and then scan it?

I've seen that thread, and like all attempts to "connect" to "chem"-trails, is irrelevant. Show one of those examples (the ones that were NOT volunteers....quite a few were) that were exactly the same as alleged in the "chem"-trail hoax and hysteria.

Also, the point was, seems to have been missed, that it's rather ludicrous to suggest this "clandestine" activity done in plain view....when it could be done in many, many other parts of the world, away from prying eyes.

Oh, wait!! "Prying eyes"!! Still have yet to see any evidence whatsoever. Keeps being ignored, the logic of this. Airplanes cannot fly forever. They are limited, by technology and design. They land. Refuel. Reload. IF you wish to keep harping about this imaginary activity, it wold be dead easy to find evidence of it happening on the ground, when the airplanes are most visible, and most vulnerable to those "prying eyes"......

...thousands of deluded folks out there, who are convinced of this "nefarious" activity....and yet? Nada....zilch.

No evidence, at all. Hearsay, and false innuendos yes. Typical of a major hoax running scheme....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by backinblack

Read through that list more carefully. Did you only look at the headline, and then scan it?
I've seen that thread, and like all attempts to "connect" to "chem"-trails, is irrelevant. Show one of those examples (the ones that were NOT volunteers....quite a few were) that were exactly the same as alleged in the "chem"-trail hoax and hysteria.
Also, the point was, seems to have been missed, that it's rather ludicrous to suggest this "clandestine" activity done in plain view....when it could be done in many, many other parts of the world, away from prying eyes.
Oh, wait!! "Prying eyes"!! Still have yet to see any evidence whatsoever. Keeps being ignored, the logic of this. Airplanes cannot fly forever. They are limited, by technology and design. They land. Refuel. Reload. IF you wish to keep harping about this imaginary activity, it wold be dead easy to find evidence of it happening on the ground, when the airplanes are most visible, and most vulnerable to those "prying eyes"......
...thousands of deluded folks out there, who are convinced of this "nefarious" activity....and yet? Nada....zilch.
No evidence, at all. Hearsay, and false innuendos yes. Typical of a major hoax running scheme....

No Weed, I read through it..Kinda annoying how you ASSUME everyone is stupid and lazy BTW..

The point is, on multiple occassions the Government has used unsuspecting people as guinea pigs for their experiments..
You seem to push the theaory that they would never do anything behind our backs or to harm us..

You are wrong and proven so....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

You will get nothing from debunkers,except few facts,mixed in with spin,and a big dose of grandiosity.

Spraying

Fact:This is a real Chemtrail.

But governments dont do it any more. And they dont do it in secret.(insert sarcasm at the highest level)
They also take their sweet time to admit any effects of a chemtrail/chemical poisoning. If there is a nefarious act being committed on the unsuspecting public,I am sure this would be the results of it.

Yesterday, American Legion National Commander Clarence E. Hill announced to Vietnam era veterans that many who have been awaiting treatment for their diseases caused by Agent Orange deployed from 1962 and 1975 are going to get the help they need; after a 60 day review of course.

After 60 days, VA can begin paying benefits for new claims and may award benefits retroactively if a veteran had previously filed under the old law and was denied benefits; which was the case with over 90,000 claims.

Link

edit on 26-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join