It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More riots in Europe!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Dario86,
please could you tell us more about Marko Perkovic Thompson
who reportedly spoke to crowd and sang some ideological poems in riots?

I found something about him in Wikipedia, as follows

Under the accusations of neo-Nazism, he was banned from performing in the Netherlands.,[4] The biggest concentrations of his fan base is (for the most part) the rural hinterland, in Dalmatia, Lika, Herzegovina, Bosnia, but also in other areas affected by the recent war, as well as fans in urban areas with origins from those areas, which has significantly influenced the public opinion in certain parts. Romantic glorification of Croatian rural areas (especially mountainous ones, neglected by national economic policy) and revival of folk traditions in his songs, brought him even more popularity among Croats. He has caused much controversy performing the song Jasenovac i Gradiška Stara, which openly glorifies genocide against the Serbs in WWII.[5] The Simon Wiesenthal Centre has filed complaints to Croatia's state television channel regarding its broadcast of a singer accused of expressing nostalgia for the Ustaše, Croatia's pro-Nazi ruling party during World War II, although Perković denies any connection with that period in history.[6] His fans are known for displaying Croatian patriotism mixed with Ustaše uniforms, (including black hats associated with the regime), symbols, and banners.[7]

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
And I found this shocking image that speaks more than words
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acece8dd6bab.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

what is your purpose here? this has nothing to do with the thread topic... if you want to spread your hate and ignorance, you should open your own thread and try to do it there...

and don't think I don't see your nazi symbol in your avatar...

edit on 28-2-2011 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Marko Perkovic Thompson is a singer. Majority of his songs speak about Croatian history (but not WW2 and NDH) so he was very popular among right winged people in past years.

Part of the war veterans wanted him to have a concert as part of protests but majority of war veterans refused that so they made a deal that Thompson can sing 2 songs (maybe 3, not sure). He was mocked by many protesters, many of them yelling to him "now sing one for free!". Today he is commonly known as war profiter so he lost almost all of his popularity, specially when some politicians confessed that they paid him a lot of money for their interests.
So i guess in the past some politicians (those that rule now - HDZ) had interest in him singing for right-winged people. I guess all those right-winged people did vote for HDZ in the past. But as i already said, that's not the case anymore. HDZ lost all support it once had among the people and so did Thompson.

And like i already wrote, i saw only one man on that protests that had nazi simbols on him.
I don't get why this picture is shocking?
edit on 28/2/11 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I just posted on the BBC World Service face book page asking why they are not reporting on this important news and it was deleted in a couple of minutes.

Why do they not want to report on this???
edit on 28-2-2011 by tigermoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigermoff
I just posted on the BBC World Service face book page asking why they are not reporting on this important news and it was deleted in a couple of minutes.

edit on 28-2-2011 by tigermoff because: (no reason given)

that's probably because the riots are too small, but since things will not get better any time soon, I believe more and more people will get to the streets to remove the corrupted mob from our government... so will BBC take notice of it...

or: maybe they are afraid to report of what is happening in north Africa is spreading closer to EU?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

I think it is a bit of both really. I still think it is big enough to report on the world news service. I was listening to it this morning and they reported on a murder in Mexico. Surely the possibility of a government overthrow is much more important.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dario86

Marko Perkovic Thompson is a singer. Majority of his songs speak about Croatian history (but not WW2 and NDH) so he was very popular among right winged people in past years.

Part of the war veterans wanted him to have a concert as part of protests but majority of war veterans refused that so they made a deal that Thompson can sing 2 songs (maybe 3, not sure). He was mocked by many protesters, many of them yelling to him "now sing one for free!". Today he is commonly known as war profiter so he lost almost all of his popularity, specially when some politicians confessed that they paid him a lot of money for their interests.
So i guess in the past some politicians (those that rule now - HDZ) had interest in him singing for right-winged people. I guess all those right-winged people did vote for HDZ in the past. But as i already said, that's not the case anymore. HDZ lost all support it once had among the people and so did Thompson.

And like i already wrote, i saw only one man on that protests that had nazi simbols on him.
I don't get why this picture is shocking?

Thank you Dario for confirmation that this person Thompson, discredited as neo-nazi, actually sang to crowd, which lead us to another rail.
Nevertheless I belive you that the protests are against the corupted government, and in that way Im with your stands.

And I strongly belive that this man are behind the bars already.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

what is your purpose here? this has nothing to do with the thread topic... if you want to spread your hate and ignorance, you should open your own thread and try to do it there...

edit on 28-2-2011 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

Sorry man, I just want to know more about the participants in protests.(purpose)
Off the thread? No way.
And about your opinion on my avatar, trully, do I have to post a comment?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigermoff

*shrug* beats me?

that's probably because the riots are too small, but since things will not get better any time soon, I believe more and more people will get to the streets to remove the corrupted mob from our government... so will BBC take notice of it...

In some European countries, riots are a yearly minor disturbance, you know, like tradition. Tradition says we strike regularly, among some of the strikers and/or demonstrators are always some who will incite violence and riots no matter what. Of course, some of them are agent provocateurs, too. Would be nice, if we could pull off what the Egyptians did, but I do not have many hopes. A revolution coming to Greece soon, I don't think so. The bankers won't let us:

or: maybe they are afraid to report of what is happening in north Africa is spreading closer to EU?

Nah, no conspiracy there, here in Greece we are well informed both through mass media and independent sources like this site here. Remember, if the Greek people had their way, we would immediately exit the Euro, back to the Drachmas, devalue the hell of it, declare official bankruptcy to the IMF and the world and large and stop servicing our loans to be reevaluated and debt to be reduced mainly to write offs, 'cause you know:
ουκ αν λάβεις παρά του μη έχοντος! i.e.: you cannot receive from him/her who has nothing left -who in other words is penniless.

Brilliant plan, absolutely, we are driving towards that already. If Frau Merkel had her way, we would have been there done that already instead of this Greece is to big to fail, it must be bailed out ...
Ridiculous, also ridiculous, we were accused of being the biggest liars and cheaters in all the EU for so many years. What - the usually conservative - folks who spread such nonsense don't tell you is this: Everybody cooks the books in the EU, even the mighty Germans themselves. And it was the mighty Germans together with our historical ally France, the axis powers of the EU, who swept it under the rug all this time, receiving and accepting false economical reports from our government for many years. But you know what the biggest EU crime against us was?
They did not allow us to borrow from Russia (traditionally an ally because of common religion) or China who offered help, but we had to turn it down, because Frau Merkel had it all figured out already to profit the German banks, mainly, and the French, secondly.

They will tell you Greeks are lazy bums who wanted to live the dolce vita on the backs of poor and honest folk in Germany and elsewhere in the EU. Fact is we work harder, more hours per week, and get paid already half the wages that are normal in Germany, for example, for the same job. Do not trust the liers! Don't certainly go believing your local yellow press (sensationalist like The Sun or Bild), they usually make up a lot of stuff that never happened, like Bild claiming Greeks are lazy bums.
edit on 28/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: spelling and grammar and syntax

edit on 28/2/2011 by WalterRatlos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Sorry man, I just want to know more about the participants in protests.(purpose)
Off the thread? No way.
And about your opinion on my avatar, trully, do I have to post a comment?

Yes please, do post a comment about it; see, some folks are sensitive about the Nazi swastika being flashed around and hate speech and all that.
Nobody is trying to run you off the thread or the board, I believe, unless I am mistaken. You have every right to be here and express yourself freely within the bounds and limitations of the T&C, of course.
The suggestion was simply to open a thread of your own where we can discuss your existent or non-existent, i.e. imaginary, involvement in spreading Nazi ideology and hate speech. That was all? I believe you are already on a slippery slope there. I kind of remember that management around here not being willing to tolerate hate speech and fascist propaganda lies. Remember: deny ignorance! This starts always with yourself, myself included.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

And I found this shocking image that speaks more than words
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acece8dd6bab.jpg[/atsimg]

Shocking, hardly!
And what in your own words does the picture tell us?
That the Pope is lusting after small kids - a closet pedophile, so to speak?
Sorry, if I have offended those of Catholic faith dogma
, I do not believe these statements to be true about the Pope.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Yes there are always strikes and protests in Europe, but this is a whole different sort of protest. This is a government overthrow protest and the world is currently very interested in this topic, so it should be covered in the news.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Dario86,
please could you tell us more about Marko Perkovic Thompson
who reportedly spoke to crowd and sang some ideological poems in riots?

Marko Perkovic Thompson sings war songs. Stupid people, war hungry people and unintelligent people like him a lot. He was used by corrupted HDZ party lots of times.

Well, in a way some of his songs are not so hateful, but still haters adopted him as a god so whenever you want to get violent people to join your cause you will ask him to invite them. Marko Perkovic Thompson is manipulator that's true, but he is no match for example Lady Gaga

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
AFP photo reporter has been arrested during the riots... police official explained that he was detained for his safety... that would maybe be truth if he didn't spend 9 hours in jail with the rest of 'hooligans' (croatian government's nickname for protesters, they also call them 'indians')

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd6847ae9811.jpg[/atsimg]

link

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Still no press coverage for what is going on in Croatia.

Don't let the press fool you, banking elites do not represent the U.S., and they have no respect for working class people anywhere.

The biggest thing the bankers fear is that nations will start writing off debt, and refuse to pay the phony debts that the people of the world supposedly owe the IC bankers.

In exchange for the money we supposedly owe you, we will give you the closed down factories and the toxic waste they contain, which you abandoned when you shipped our jobs overseas to child labor sweatshops.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
New protests in Zagreb today. About 1000 protesters came in front of HDZ (ruling party) headquarters. Some media reported smaller clashes with police.

Im not there so i can't post anymore info at the moment.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Dario no of course I know my history, I know the sahovnica has a history much longer than from WW2 for example! For your knowledge do you know that the sahovnica pattern is used over Belgrade's largest outdoor market

I don't want to try to discredit any protest. All I will say is that I would not go to a protest with the war veterans and listen to some statements that will offend me that I heard both in the crowd and by those war veterans speaking. Thats my personal position. Even if I thought there was a time for 'patriotism', that time has long gone. None of us need these nationalistic views that are self destructive, as well as harmful to others.
But, I do very much support the main protest and as I understand this evening's protest is organised by that facebook guy again. I would be happy to be out on the streets for that. Say no to corruption, say no to joblessness, say no to the establishment party of HDZ and its ruling clique!
edit on 28-2-2011 by freethinker123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dario86

OMG Hilarious"!!!
People were protesting today dressed up like American Indians
( Making fun of the chief of police who the other day asked his assistant: "where are the rest of those Indians?" (reffering to the protesters)
see for yourself what is going on right now:
GT :
translate.google.hr...://www.jutarnji.hr/zagreb--novi-prosvjed-protiv-vlade/928447/

more news:
lot's of fun this evening - I like this protests: " we are just walking police around the city "
translate.google.hr...://danas.net.hr/hrvatska/page/2011/02/28/0901006.html%3Fpos%3Dn0

edit on 28-2-2011 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

Interesting video I found:

I wonder who is that young guy in brown jacket and what was he reading at that standoff with police? Is he that Facebook leader? This reminds me of the thread I started two weeks ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, another extraordinary video related to all of this:

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join