It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well it's been bugging me but the more I see teenagers being ignorant of the world and not having a clue of whats going on Im worried. Am I the only 16 year old teen here? The worlds so # because of certain people and all they care about is how they are going to be with their friends. I feel like an adult standing in a crowd of children sometimes. Believing every crap you spout to them. Please somebody help the future generations!

edit on 26-2-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm 16 and in the same boat so don't worry us 'awake' teens are out there too! There is an 11 year old on these boards aswell!!
edit on 26/2/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
rock on truther teen!!!! be the voice that rises above
bieber and gaga we need to wake those kids up!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm 15 bro. Don't sweat it

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I'm 16 and in the same boat so don't worry us 'awake' teens are out there too! There is an 11 year old on these boards i believe too!!

I am so glad you're politically awake - people of your age will definitely be a huge asset to us when we take our country back! (I am 23 and am educating myself on leadership/activism via college and books/literature).. BUT.

I am annoyed by the term "awake" because you are not "awake" unless you are very spiritual (not religious), and then you would know what I mean.

edit on 26-2-2011 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceAssassin

Yes we must free the children from the evil forces of bieber gaga jay z

link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Well it's been bugging me but the more I see teenagers being ignorant of the world and not having a clue of whats going on Im worried. Am I the only 16 year old teen here? The worlds so # because of certain people and all they care about is how they are going to be with their friends. I feel like an adult standing in a crowd of children sometimes. Believing every crap you spout to them. Please somebody help the future generations! :

It doesn't get any better when you're an adult. I'm 61, old enough to be your grandfather, and feel the same way.
edit on 2/26/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

I'm a 20 year old college student and I can surely tell you that you're not alone. The problem is there are too many distractions these days. Too many people are worried about getting their new Iphone (nothing against the Iphone as I do own one lol) then the looming collapse of the US currency in the coming months/year. The funny part is all of these people are going to look like chickens with their heads chopped off when it comes because they will have had no time to prepare. Be grateful that you are intelligent enough to realize what is going on, because there is a good chance it will save your life, maybe even your family's lives.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I'm 16 and in the same boat so don't worry us 'awake' teens are out there too! There is an 11 year old on these boards i believe too!!

I am annoyed by the term "awake" because you are not "awake" unless you are very spiritual (not religious), and then you would know what I mean.

Yeah i know what you mean but i say it too let people know i'm aware of the state of things lol

link   

great... REALLY great!!

pass around the truth, like a hacky-sack.
don't worry about those who cant play..

my kids are 12 ,, 11...
their eyes are opening up too..(with a little help from dad)

keep posting!!!

link   
reply to post by derickonfire

I understand the concept of what you mean, I made a thread on it but unlucky it didn't get many views on it. Please give me a summary at the end of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You are not alone my friend..
I remember when I was a teenager.. I was so isolated, and alone in this world..it was me against everyone in the world..I was extremely arrogant to society, as I felt that I was above everyone, and I knew so much more then the average person..

You are not alone my friend..I grew up and I learned just how important it is to educate people and help people..Don't fall down a similar downward spiral I did..because at the other end it is just a dark, lonely place to exist by yourself..Not even worthy of occupancy.

Use your youth wise my friend..Don't waste it worrying about the inevitable. Use your time to educate and help others..Make this a better world for the next generation. Because it is painfully obvious that my generation has failed at this.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm 16 too, although usually just watch the forums instead of posting. As you can tell from this being my first post

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I felt the same at your age, I'm in my early 20's now and I have met a few people who arn't completely deluded.

to way I see it is 90% of the population are morons and another 9.9% try and pretend they are.

I went to a protest recently and I was the only adult there under 30

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You are not far off what we were at your age. Maturity comes with learning, experiencing and dancing.

Please, when you are old enough to go to a club, please do so. Have a couple of beers, not too many, and dance!!

After about 3/4 years of doing this it will become boring. It will feel like an effort to get out and you start using the internet a lot more. Then, by all means start questioning things, start looking and researching things until you realise that no matter how much you learn, how much you experience, there is so much more to be done and discovered.

Keep an eye on this website and share your ideas occasionally, but just enjoy your next 3/4 years, they are the best of your life.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see the younger generation waking up. My daughter's are well aware of what is going on IRL. They are not taken in by the media.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

The reason for this is that young people do not want someone to piss on their campfire. What do they care? What responsibilities do they have? What repercusions are coming their way?

When responsibilities are required, they soon come back to websites like ATS to try and gain some enlightenment/understanding, of why they now have to work for the rest of their lives in order to remain in the system.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Please, when you are old enough to go to a club, please do so. Have a couple of beers, not too many, and dance!!

I agree with this 110%, I completely missed out on that part of life. While everyone else my age was out doing this, I was sitting at home with no friend and not enough self confidence to go by myself.

I've been to clubs since and seen how much people enjoy them and I just can't feel that enthusiasm myself.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yea Im trying to enjoy my life like any other teenager should but the it's like im in a pile of zombies driven by lust and the need for pleasure. Well we all need this of course and myself. But on the side note ignoring what your leaders are doing is just putting yourself down the food chain. Im kind of spiritual and this whole month has changed my views unimaginably, I find it fun to know more about things that are important in life not how Jay Z is getting laid with beyonce. Well all I know is every on abovetopsecret and others who are weary about what's happening. Thank you, you people I find very intelligent and understanding, its fun talking to you. and all I have to say is Watch the next few months things are going to happen these years so get your guns ready

edit on 26-2-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
37 my self, or is it 38 now?

I hope from this point on that you will learn even more and try to educate those around you. It really amazes me how some people just spew their gibberish with out a clue to how things really work. You would not believe some of the things I've heard or read recently.
I will share one of my favorites that one of my wifes coworkers told her the other day when she was talking about the economy:
"I really don't understand why they just don't print more money, I mean they have the machines to do that, right?"
Needless to say, my wife was dumb founded.
Oh yea, did I mention that my wife works in a state run middle school?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join