It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops shut down Ga. Girl Scout cookie stand

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Neither said nor implied you were asleep or unaware, simply pointing out the fact that it's about obedience to authority, regardless of the justness of the authority or the laws.

There are *real* issues that need addressing, true, but the small issues also need addressing before they become bigger issues. This is not a non-issue, but it could very well be that Scout leader Crook (
) inflamed a situation and blew everything out of proportion. That still doesn't change the fact of the matter. All issues need addressing. Should we just ignore the small issues/problems and focus solely on the big ones? IMO, that is unwise.

My priorities include standing up for the little person.

While the men are off to battle, someone has to look out for the townspeople.

Basically, let the girls sell cookies without all the red tape.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

So much for the supposed democracy in amercia you americans dont have any freedoms anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't know what the laws are in Georgia, but here in Texas strip malls are private property and you don't need a permit to "peddle". All one needs is the property owner's permission.

Either (1) the cop was out of line, (2) Georgia laws are different in this regard; or (3) the property owner did not give permission and called the cops.

Anyone want to bet that this cop has a daughter in the Girl Scouts and didn't appreciate the competition in his own neighborhood?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ah, Aggieman, ya beat me to it. I logged in just to point that out.
Now, I'm curious. If you guys in Georgia have a little fender-bender in a grocery store (or strip mall) parking lot, will Y'All's cops write a police report?

Just FYI...no aspertame and no xylitol (in case ya gots furry, but oh-so-worthy little faces giving you wistful looks. No chocolate, don't forget)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What the cop did is pretty stupid, yes. But that's the way it goes. You have to have a permit.

I'm more interested in the cookies being a $700 million a year business. Basically using kids as slave labor. lol I always hated the fact kids are used to peddle products just to win a t-shirt or a scooter bike (when and only when they sold a ton).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join