It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of the ISS above Orions Belt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Awesome picture bro, I saved it as my deskptop

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's nice to brows a thread of complimentary replies not hijacked by absurd conspiracies.

Nice capture Ironbutterfly.

Myself have recently been burdened by cloud cover during celestial events that thwarted any of my amateurish attempts to capture them as a digital image. I'm sure you felt some excitement when the clouds dispersed, congrats!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

Absolutely beautiful photograph you took! Thank you for sharing.

Where did you get the last image of the ISS path/map from?

For those who do not know... the ISS (International Space Station) can be viewed with the naked eye at various times in your location. Just go to Heavens Above website and enter your longitude and latitude.... create an account and it will even keep your info.

My brother and I watch it and the Iridium Flares every chance we get.

Heavens Above website
edit on 2/27/2011 by dreams n chains because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Great picture, thanks! I saw the ISS at that same pass, through the broken clouds.

Tonight it's gonna be extra bright (mag -3.7) 19:02:28 GMT, hopefully the skies will stay clear.

For some strange reason, heavens-above give different times and ground tracks for STS-133, despite the fact that the Shuttle is now docked to the ISS

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Where did you get the last image of the ISS path/map from?

If you are refering to the third pic in the set of three, it is a zoom of the `Detailed Star Chart` found under the `Pass Details` produced at Heavens Above, simply click on the area you want to enlarge. Hope I have understood your question correctly, happy hunting, thanks for the positive feedback.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Hopefully the clouds will clear tonight and I'll be able to film the pass. Damn British weather!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join