It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the band played on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not on the sinking Titanic, but on a football field at Morenci, Arizona, between 7 and 8 pm local time, on October 23 !980.

www.mufon.com...

I've not been able to find much more about this extraordinary hour-long sighting of a giant 'black triangle' or boomerang, witnessed by more than a hundred students, parents and mine employees. As in many later similar sightings, it seems that the UAP may have been 'attracted' by bright lights. In this case first the lights of the mining complex and then those of the illuminated football field.

Given that many of its staff saw the same giant UFO investigate its huge copper mining and smelting complex just before it moved on to enjoy the high school band rehearsal, the Phelps-Dodge copper mining company may have issued a statement about the event. And the local papers must have carried stories.

Most of the witnesses will still be very much alive and flourishing.

I guess that many on ATS would love to hear from them. I certainly would

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
calling hoax here

with so many people and not one of them took any photos

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

"it was a bunch of lights with a big one in the middle. Everybody was looking up. At first, everybody got kind of scared but we had to keep on rehearsing."

Seems odd, is that what people do when in the presence of a large, silent UFO? Possible radiation concerns aside, it seems like at least a few people would want to remove themselves from the situation.
edit on 26-2-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin
calling hoax here

with so many people and not one of them took any photos

Such good logical reasoning you display!. Band rehearsal at night, a bunch of people report the event and you want pictures?

But, you know, I suspect even with pictures you would still call it a hoax, regardless.

In 1998 I witnessed along with about 20 people a low, slow, silent and multiple strobe-lit triangle moved over Laramie. Video by an 8mm camera was also taken. I have mentioned that sighting several times here on ATS but I've never come across a report from anyone else about the sighting or the video. Go figure.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lowneck

Have you tried using Face Book or any of those other social media to track down, say info on the school at that time, the band director, for instance, band members, etc.?

Having witnessed a triangle myself, as briefly given in my earlier email, I'm not too excited about this sighting. It makes no difference to much of anybody but the people that witnessed it and, they, have been made believers in something; they just don't know what.

And that, in my estimation, is the reason for those sightings, the one I mentioned, and hundreds of others that are best described as public displays. The ships are instantly recognized as exotic craft. That is a given. That pecularity evokes questions by mind and mouth even of the lowest sophisticated mind prersent about the nature of what was witnessed. And that is the whole reason for the show. How else can we explain it? Watching band practice isn't fun or interesting.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
Not on the sinking Titanic, but on a football field at Morenci, Arizona, between 7 and 8 pm local time, on October 23 !980.

www.mufon.com...

I've not been able to find much more about this extraordinary hour-long sighting of a giant 'black triangle' or boomerang, witnessed by more than a hundred students, parents and mine employees.

Hi Lowneck,

The UFOdna website has an entry for this sighting, which refers to several sources at the bottom of the webpage which may have more details:
www.ufodna.com...

Those sources include:
(1) Philip J. Imbrogno's book " Contact of the 5th Kind" 1997
(2) Dick Hall's book "Uninvited Guests" 1988
(3) Dick Haines' book "CE-5: Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" 1998
(4) Richard Hall's book "The UFO Evidence, Volume II: A Thirty-Year Report"

The band director, Bruce Allen, was alive a couple of years ago and posted online that he now lives in North Carolina:
See here

The school and its alumni have several Facebook pages, including one at:
www.facebook.com...

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 26-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Redacted Issac beat me to it
edit on 26-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Such good logical reasoning you display!. Band rehearsal at night, a bunch of people report the event and you want pictures?

To be fair, all those kids playing in the band, and their parents going to see them? Not one of the parents took a camera and got a snap? I'm a father, and that doesn't add up to me at all!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

IsaacKoi,

Thanks a lot for the links.

I had found the ufodna link, but it referred to secondary sources only.

In cases where I've had the time to do a little research myself I have found most secondary sources to be unreliable, even books written by esteemed researchers. And Phil Imbrogno should have stuck to teaching, IMHO.

Good idea to use facebook to contact the primary witnesses.

Another Bob Pratt multiple witness case of extraordinary interest is the 1976 Bill Pecha Colusa California sighting. Pecha's engineer's sketch of the moonlit craft hovering over his house is the best depiction of a possible ET probe I've seen.

www.mufon.com...

(see also material on Black Vault site)

Bill Pecha's description compares interestingly with Edwin Fuhr's 1974 Sasketchewa sighting. All eight craft described in the two sightings appear to have gyroscopic stabiiisers designed to facilitate precise maneuvering a few feet above planetary surfaces. Intelligent design indeed - and not an alien in sight.

Perhaps you'll be highlighting all these examples of possible ET probes, Morenci included, in your excellent new site.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Lowneck because: fix link

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
In cases where I've had the time to do a little research myself I have found most secondary sources to be unreliable, even books written by esteemed researchers.

Sure, but looking at the seconday sources may give some further names and details to follow up (including, quite probably, details of any newspaper coverage at the time) plus an indication of what researchers, if any, have already had contact with some of the witnesses.

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

join