It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

COMETGATE !!! Elinin+2005 YU55+Nibiru = A Major Concern for Humankind: Triple Threat From Space

page: 6
8
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.




posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thorfourwinds ,I tryed the best,can`t wait for the release of COMETGATE !!! 2 as I know you won`t be too impressed by the durge of diatribe.
With humility and cander

Come to think of it what happened to CLOSE ENCOUNTERS of the 11th DIMENSION.

INTERESTING EARTH DODGES A SOLAR BULLET ON SPACEWEATHER 25TH FEB spaceweather.com...
DODGED A SOLAR BULLET 18TH FEBwww.abovetopsecret.com...
Coincidence,someone stole that header ,shame !Oh well no stars and flags on spaceweather .Peace

edit on 4-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__
 





he is allowed to respond and I will treat him with respect.


Great...then we can look forward to seeing a more mature discourse in the future and posters willing to back up their thoughts so the incoming posters are not reading more about personal attacks to false claims to other posters more so then staying on topic.

Looking forward to that then!
LV



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__
 



sorry...double post.
edit on 5-3-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Link to here and get some discussion ,don`t bother about webbots !peace and light

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Link to here and get some discussion ,don`t bother about webbots !peace and light

www.abovetopsecret.com...


What does a thread about north pole pics have to do with anything?

and webbots....?

Im sorry....what am I missing here?



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Never mind obviously discussion is discussion,and arguementative aspertions are arguementative asperations,no i am not saying that of you.
enjoy ATS embrace it ,when chatter becomes deriding at any expense to another member we all agree ,it is a distraction from the thread.no matter who that is,as this seems to be a continueing theme.
Thats the last comment on nothingness,instead of elenine and orbital bodies.
Peace

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Never mind obviously discussion is discussion,and arguementative aspertions are arguementative asperations,no i am not saying that of you.
enjoy ATS embrace it ,when chatter becomes deriding at any expense to another member we all agree ,it is a distraction from the thread.no matter who that is,as this seems to be a continueing theme.
Thats the last comment on nothingness,instead of elenine and orbital bodies.
Peace

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)


Im still trying to see how the link you posted showing the rocket to the moon was a slingshot?

And to see if this object that was in discussion can be close enough to enter such a possibility.

My intent was to not drift off topic further...but that I was using both sides of what people were saying to try to see possibilities.


edit on 5-3-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Leo,satelites orbit the planet in slingshot and maintain orbits with varying lifespans before descending to earth,and Nasa`s pioneer spacecraft used the orbits of planets to traverse inter solar space at immence speeds ,check it out, ,only using rockets for initial propulsion from earths gravity.There are more enlightened members on here than you would assume.Comets slingshot around the sun but can be perturbed by solar interaction,there is plenty of evidence outthere that science is now explaining.Especially the odd wanderings of comets versus asteroids and why interactive behaviours vary.
Peace and enjoy ATS

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by LeoVirgo
 


Leo,satelites orbit the planet in slingshot and maintain orbits with varying lifespans before descending to earth,and Nasa`s pioneer spacecraft used the orbits of planets to traverse inter solar space at immence speeds ,check it out, ,only using rockets for initial propulsion from earths gravity.There are more enlightened members on here than you would assume.Comets slingshot around the sun but can be perturbed by solar interaction,there is plenty of evidence outthere that science is now explaining.Especially the odd wanderings of comets versus asteroids and why interactive behaviours vary.
Peace and enjoy ATS

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)


Looks like I have to re read what I read about the sling shot method. For what I understood...a object getting slingshot does not stay in another objects orbit and does not continue in the orbit long enough to revolve around that object. From what I understand, when something slingshots....it does not revolve around the other object completely (like our satellites that stay in Earths orbit revolving around earth). From what I understood...when something goes through a slingshot method....it makes something like a 'u'ey....around the object....USING the force of the orbit but not actually staying in the orbit.

I could be very misunderstood here...but this is what I gathered by reading up on it last night and this morning.


edit on 5-3-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Looks like I have to re read what I read about the sling shot method. For what I understood...a object getting slingshot does not stay in another objects orbit and does not continue in the orbit long enough to revolve around that object. From what I understand, when something slingshots....it does not revolve around the other object completely (like our satellites that stay in Earths orbit revolving around earth). From what I understood...when something goes through a slingshot method....it makes something like a 'u'ey....around the object....USING the force of the orbit but not actually staying in the orbit.

I could be very misunderstood here...but this is what I gathered by reading up on it last night and this morning.

LeoVirgo, you are completely right about the gravity assist / slingshot technique.

The craft is pointed close enough to the celestial body to gain acceleration from being pulled into its gravity well, while still being able to escape and curve around it, having gained speed in the process.

A craft using gravity assist never orbits the celestial body completely; the whole point is to get as close as possible without being trapped into orbit.

Thus gringoboy's posting proving Apollo 10 orbited the Moon do not prove Apollo 10 used gravity assist. They prove it didn't.

Wiki on Gravity assist

Interplanetary Trajectories

Slingshot effect - summary

Phage does a great job contributing facts to threads to counteract some of the nonsense that gets spread around. Some people just can't understand the difference between logical argument and disinfo. The real disinfo is the constant: "We're all going to die from HAARP, contrails, Betelgeuse exploding, 2012, bird deaths, comet hits ....," coming from bored, depressed teenagers, misanthropes and Rapturists.

The silly thing is, many of the items conflated together to cause panic are genuine concerns, but illogically combining them with nonsense stops people taking any of it seriously.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa
 



Thanks so much for your posts. Cause I kept reading back on things that were said and links that were posted and wellll.....ya know, a bit confussing. But I thought I gathered enough facts to understand.

So....help me if Im wrong here.

For a object, like an astroid....to get this sling shot method to work, it would have to be on a direct hit path for the moon? Or maybe not a direct hit to the moon literally but a direct hit to the orbit of the moon?

Then, my other thought. Have we ever seen other objects besides a rocket that can have a boost from igniting its fuel? When Apollo 13 did the sling shot method due to their original 'failed planned discourse'....didnt the have to fire up their engine for just a few moments to get 'out' of the orbital force they were using? Would not they of just stayed in the orbit without changing angel and adding boost?

Have we really seen things sling shot around other bodies without a natural way to 'boost' out of the orbit and a way to 'angel' out away from the orbital force when ready to do so?

I know someone said comets slingshot around the sun. Do they really? Did these comets 'speed' change when this happened>? For it should of....right? I could be very wrong about the comet idea sling shot around the sun....I do see this is more possible then what I was trying to understand of the Apollo 10 mission or the asteroid scenario.

Thanks for your time (and anyone else who wants to help me understand)


Edit to add to above. I realize we have seen comets create a 'boost' with their 'jets'....but an asteroid would need just the right timing with something like a CME (if Im not mistaken) to help to boost or angle out of the moons orbit for the sling shot idea to occur?


edit on 6-3-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Watched this episode of The Yardigans with my grandson this morning and had a good laugh about how kids are constantly being bombarded with otherwordly events, aliens, space etc....This is for entertainment purposes only. A meteor might be hitting earth.....Even the kids are being 'readied' for something?
This is only two minutes long and I bet you can relate to peeps in your circle of friends who are like them?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-3-2011 by kalenga because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Read on this ATS thread that a meteor is heading overhead tonight and for the next few nights. www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=670381

Quote from thread saying it will be within earth's atmosphere on March 7th:




Actually if you look it up now, the distance is even closer. On the 7th, it shows its going to be IN our atmosphere, its no longer only .00088 AU, its 9.0E-4au now, check out the link...JPL Database



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa
 


Thankyou for your post ,gravity assist was used in return voyage of all moon missions as gravity pulled the capsules toward earth as well as initial rocket boost,pioneer used slingshot dynamics as ascerted by member in earlier post to slingshot out of our solar system,other moon missions did use slingshot affect.source

Plans have been made to "slingshot" Apollo 13 around the Moon and fire the spacecraft's last remaining booster engine to take it away from the Moon's orbit and bring it back on course to Earth.

Small doci vid explaining the extreme condition to slingshot from behind the moon.

Additional knowledge Characters intact
Thanks gringo !
edit on 6-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga
 

9.0E-4 = .0009
.0009 AU = 83,000 miles

The Earth's atmosphere does not extend 83,000 miles.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dazoffu
 


an alternative format is often used: the letter E or e represents times ten raised to the power of, thus replacing the × 10, followed by the value of the exponent

en.wikipedia.org...

Better?


edit on 3/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dazoffu
 


an alternative format is often used: the letter E or e represents times ten raised to the power of, thus replacing the × 10, followed by the value of the exponent

en.wikipedia.org...

Better?


edit on 3/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)


amazing the lengths one has to go to to get a source around here.
manners and decorum for a garbage wikipedia site.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Whats all the fuss we would`nt even see that asteroid anyway it passing between earth and sun above northern hemisphere and 120,000miles away,not unless somebodies got a amazing torch to reflect of it

Calm down and no the earths atmosphere is not 83,000miles,however the exosphere extends to 62,000miles from the earths surface.source

The upper boundary of the exosphere can be defined theoretically by the altitude about 190,000 kilometres (120,000 mi), half the distance to the Moon, at which the influence of solar radiation pressure on atomic hydrogen velocities exceeds that of the Earth’s gravitational pull. The exosphere observable from space as the geocorona is seen to extend to at least 100,000 kilometres (62,000 mi) from the surface of the Earth. The exosphere is a transitional zone between Earth’s atmosphere and interplanetary space.

sidenote,any object moving slow enough,1038mph and falls within 120,000miles of earth would be pulled into earth,I hope this clears up any near moving object issues,not unless the object is on a direct course of 0.0001 au`s of earth 93,000 miles at a velocity of 1038mph0r below,otherwise it will fly past..
Okis[editby


edit on 6-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
8
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

log in

join